KarlHungus

Ryan Zagone gone from Ripple?

1 hour ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Yes. She’s using broad general and generic numbers. You can be invested in something and still be rational. Unfortunately, many on this forum can’t be rational.  Executives leaving, at this rapid pace, is a set back no matter what. Now you need to bring in new employees, train them , build relationships, etc. Not just a plug and play replacement. 

Let’s also not ignore that most executives leave traditional companies where upside isn’t astounding. I can work as executive at Fortune 500 company and leave after two years, largely because my upside is a fixed bonus. I leave because I feel I’ve done what I can as the company is established and it’s a matter of increased sales. 

We can’t hold that same logic to something like Ripple, which is in its early stages  If I’m an executive at Ripple, see large potential of an IPO or something similar and see all the amazing developments behind the scenes, resulting in confidence that XRP, which I can be paid in and likely receive a boat load of as bonus and perk of my executive role, then I’m not just jumping ship for a “better opportunity” or pay increase. In fact, even if I thought XRP could reach $1 again, that’s a 4x increase that my efforts are directly tied to helping achieve. 

You need to stop the when moon club and realize not every piece of news is somehow amazing for Ripple or “standard”. Show me one other start up in key critical stages of early adaption that had this % of executives leave in this time frame.

Ultimately, we are all speculating here. I just tend to think that with Brads recent talks of "consolidation" and Ripple's recent Series C funding round all point to a M&A in the works. Now, if Ripple did not have the best year with respects to partnerships and growth in 2019, the Series C, the increase demand for ODL, and recent acquisitions of Logos, Algrim, and Strata, and we had this many key employees leave, I would agree that something might be afoot. However, you have to look at the complete picture of what is/has transpired and not solely at who/how many ppl are leaving or retiring.

3 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

If you’re at a start up company and hold an executive position, which comes with shares , etc , you don’t up and leave for better position.  The upside is too high and then you leave once you realize it’s not going to materialize.  Ripple goes from having no employees leave to a barrage of 6-7 key players over course of several months. 

And no...people don’t just come, do a “job”, and leave when it’s done.  That’s not how reality works but it does sound good in fantasy land.

Executives don’t forfeit shares when they leave.

12 minutes ago, KarlHungus said:

Executives don’t forfeit shares when they leave.

Chief Executive Dennis Muilenburg forfeited all of his shares upon leaving Boeing the other day.

2 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

Yeah he blocked me on twitter after I called him a beta male in response to his all male cuddle group. 

Why you wrote that? It made you feel good?  One day you might be in that position. 

1 hour ago, XRPiggy said:

Chief Executive Dennis Muilenburg forfeited all of his shares upon leaving Boeing the other day.

I don’t know the specifics of that deal, but execs aren’t required to give up compensation they’ve already earned.  I worked in financial planning for corporate execs for years and one of the biggest headaches was dealing with the multiple stock compensation plans from their previous employment.

Edited by KarlHungus