KarlHungus

Ryan Zagone gone from Ripple?

24 minutes ago, Scout said:

Too late, I've moved into XRP very quickly, I appreciate your candor King34Maine and I appreciate your public discussion valuing your opinions. I believe there is merit to what you guys are saying. Ultimately, this is my decision i've made and I have to live with it. I guess I had the "Fear of missing out" but for some reason my gut tells me that when something does happen it will happen fast. I want to try to capitalize on that as we haven't really seen any upwards movement from XRP in a while and I believe there will be something happening real soon. I have faith in Ripple and Team Brad. All the best to everyone!

You have hardly bought in at a high price and it is XRP's turn to move up.  News of the sort we have spoken of would surely have a positive impact.  What is that 200 million for?

1 hour ago, xrpzzzzzzz said:

LOL guys just watch this. He's talking about moving value at the speed of light at near zero costs. and he's talkign about BTC,ETH and XRP. How obvious can it be it's XRP LOL

Glenn is the cofounder of silver lake. Guess who was advisor for silver lake lol

dotsss.JPG

i recommend watching the whole video

Edited by Xill

9 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Somewhere, someday, a bear will pop up with a cartoon image and try to tell us all their job was done and we’re near the finish line. 

Then a rational person will pop up and explain people don’t just leave or move companies because their “job” was “done”. It’s likely a case of set backs or them all seeing resistance ahead that’s not public. Many people join start ups, give it a go on potential, then leave after it comes apparent the vision couldn’t be fulfilled for whatever reason.  

Or they got a better offer somewhere else. If someone is offering to double my salary, I'm gone.

6 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I tend to agree with you. There's more going on here than what we, as 3rd party on-lookers, are privy to. Like you said, you don't get investors to pony up 200-million dollars via a Series C if they suspect they wouldn't/couldn't see a return on that size of an investment. I think that 1 of 3 things are possible.

• The 1st is that Ripple is about to make a significant acquisition (most likely).
  • The 2nd is that they are working on a merger between themselves and another entity (my #2 guess).
  • The 3rd and final is that they are possibly being bought-out (least likely).

All of this is pure speculation on my part, however, I believe it fits/aligns with recent statements (01:15 - 01:47) made by Brad G (Ripple CEO) of late around the topic of M&A/Consolidation of this space. In a recent Fortune article regarding Ripple's recent Series C funding round Brad stated that "the company did not need the money, though the funds will provide "balance sheet flexibility."  "Balance Sheet Flexibility," to me, is code for a M&A move. He goes on to say, at the end of that article, "It's been a tremendous, tremendous year for Ripple....adding that the company will be disclosing more numbers and major announcements in early 2020."  If either of my assumptions above are true, I suspect the exodus of these top executives and directors is as a result of negotiated re-structuring. As with most M&As often times the acquiring company or newly merged entity has to streamline the work-force.  I'm expecting to here something significant from Ripple on the M&A front here shortly or within the next couple of months.

Been down this road before and you are spot on with your logic.  I would tend to think there is a big player about to align or probably acquire a big stake in ripple or vice versa and they are starting to consolidate on the redundant resources.  Speaking from experience these people are given a nice severance package to gracefully leave and pursue other interest. I also think it's the #2 of the 3 scenarios you posed.  I could be wrong but definitely something huge is coming.

6 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

starting to consolidate on the redundant resources

Wouldn't that imply that Ripple will either merge or be bought out? And imply that they'll be merging/bought out by a very big player because the leadership will clearly come from the other entity as Ripple's leadership team is getting smaller.

8 hours ago, Archbob said:

Or they got a better offer somewhere else. If someone is offering to double my salary, I'm gone.

If you’re at a start up company and hold an executive position, which comes with shares , etc , you don’t up and leave for better position.  The upside is too high and then you leave once you realize it’s not going to materialize.  Ripple goes from having no employees leave to a barrage of 6-7 key players over course of several months. 

And no...people don’t just come, do a “job”, and leave when it’s done.  That’s not how reality works but it does sound good in fantasy land.

There are people who work decades for the same company, while others like to change things up every few years.

I wouldn't read too much into it, as there are way more plausible explanations for them leaving than Ripples failing.

46 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

If you’re at a start up company and hold an executive position, which comes with shares , etc , you don’t up and leave for better position.  The upside is too high and then you leave once you realize it’s not going to materialize.  Ripple goes from having no employees leave to a barrage of 6-7 key players over course of several months. 

And no...people don’t just come, do a “job”, and leave when it’s done.  That’s not how reality works but it does sound good in fantasy land.

You are using every excuse to be negative, and confabulating facts to make your negative argument sound plausible.  It is a fact that execs do move from job to job with increasing speed - watch Crypto Eri's video, she gives the numbers.

58 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Wow, what world do you live in

6 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

You are using every excuse to be negative, and confabulating facts to make your negative argument sound plausible.  It is a fact that execs do move from job to job with increasing speed - watch Crypto Eri's video, she gives the numbers.

Yes. She’s using broad general and generic numbers. You can be invested in something and still be rational. Unfortunately, many on this forum can’t be rational.  Executives leaving, at this rapid pace, is a set back no matter what. Now you need to bring in new employees, train them , build relationships, etc. Not just a plug and play replacement. 

Let’s also not ignore that most executives leave traditional companies where upside isn’t astounding. I can work as executive at Fortune 500 company and leave after two years, largely because my upside is a fixed bonus. I leave because I feel I’ve done what I can as the company is established and it’s a matter of increased sales. 

We can’t hold that same logic to something like Ripple, which is in its early stages  If I’m an executive at Ripple, see large potential of an IPO or something similar and see all the amazing developments behind the scenes, resulting in confidence that XRP, which I can be paid in and likely receive a boat load of as bonus and perk of my executive role, then I’m not just jumping ship for a “better opportunity” or pay increase. In fact, even if I thought XRP could reach $1 again, that’s a 4x increase that my efforts are directly tied to helping achieve. 

You need to stop the when moon club and realize not every piece of news is somehow amazing for Ripple or “standard”. Show me one other start up in key critical stages of early adaption that had this % of executives leave in this time frame.

32 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Yes. She’s using broad general and generic numbers. You can be invested in something and still be rational. Unfortunately, many on this forum can’t be rational.  Executives leaving, at this rapid pace, is a set back no matter what. Now you need to bring in new employees, train them , build relationships, etc. Not just a plug and play replacement. 

Let’s also not ignore that most executives leave traditional companies where upside isn’t astounding. I can work as executive at Fortune 500 company and leave after two years, largely because my upside is a fixed bonus. I leave because I feel I’ve done what I can as the company is established and it’s a matter of increased sales. 

We can’t hold that same logic to something like Ripple, which is in its early stages  If I’m an executive at Ripple, see large potential of an IPO or something similar and see all the amazing developments behind the scenes, resulting in confidence that XRP, which I can be paid in and likely receive a boat load of as bonus and perk of my executive role, then I’m not just jumping ship for a “better opportunity” or pay increase. In fact, even if I thought XRP could reach $1 again, that’s a 4x increase that my efforts are directly tied to helping achieve. 

You need to stop the when moon club and realize not every piece of news is somehow amazing for Ripple or “standard”. Show me one other start up in key critical stages of early adaption that had this % of executives leave in this time frame.

This is nonsense.  Crypto Eri is quite clear that young emerging companies always have this problem of execs moving, and gives examples.  You are measuring XRP Ripple entirely in terms of the token price as if it were a measure of success in the real world adoption. 

Ripple is not a failing dream.  You ignoring the exponential growth of ODL which was rolled out this time last year.  ODL is unique and way ahead of the field.  It is being proved to work in Corridors that are opening.   Ripple is expanding offices on every continent, raising money, buying important stakes in companies like Moneygram and forming alliances behind the scenes with the biggest best and most influential companies in the world.  No other software-crypto is near Ripple in adoption and usage. 

You also admit that it has been several years without any execs leaving, now there are a few, some like Dilip retiring but staying in the industry and promoting XRP/Ripple in their new jobs and businesses.

Edited by Julian_Williams

13 hours ago, Scout said:

Too late, I've moved into XRP very quickly, I appreciate your candor King34Maine and I appreciate your public discussion valuing your opinions. I believe there is merit to what you guys are saying. Ultimately, this is my decision i've made and I have to live with it. I guess I had the "Fear of missing out" but for some reason my gut tells me that when something does happen it will happen fast. I want to try to capitalize on that as we haven't really seen any upwards movement from XRP in a while and I believe there will be something happening real soon. I have faith in Ripple and Team Brad. All the best to everyone!

I feel the same...but this is just my opinion.