KarlHungus

Ryan Zagone gone from Ripple?

4 hours ago, baggy23 said:

hmm looks like he had a burnout

A quick search indeed shows there are likely some personal issues (which is ultra common so nothing wrong there)

Imo it's fine he is taking a break and likely has nothing to do with Ripple's performance or company culture or whatever

1 hour ago, Creepto said:

Dilip Rao is gone as well.

Dilip retired, but joined a young and dynamic Australian cross border payments company - obviously still carrying the torch

Zagone - personal issues

Kahina is the mystery - her last twitter entry was Nov at Swell

Edited by Julian_Williams

6 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

I tend to agree with you. There's more going on here than what we, as 3rd party on-lookers, are privy to. Like you said, you don't get investors to pony up 200-million dollars via a Series C if they suspect they wouldn't/couldn't see a return on that size of an investment. I think that 1 of 3 things are possible.

• The 1st is that Ripple is about to make a significant acquisition (most likely).
  • The 2nd is that they are working on a merger between themselves and another entity (my #2 guess).
  • The 3rd and final is that they are possibly being bought-out (least likely).

All of this is pure speculation on my part, however, I believe it fits/aligns with recent statements (01:15 - 01:47) made by Brad G (Ripple CEO) of late around the topic of M&A/Consolidation of this space. In a recent Fortune article regarding Ripple's recent Series C funding round Brad stated that "the company did not need the money, though the funds will provide "balance sheet flexibility."  "Balance Sheet Flexibility" is code for He goes on to say at the end of that article, "It's been a tremendous, tremendous year for Ripple....adding that the company will be disclosing more numbers and major announcements in early 2020."  If either of my assumptions above are true, I suspect the exodus of these top executives and directors is as a result of negotiated re-structuring. As with most M&As often times the acquiring company or newly merged entity has to streamline the work-force.  I'm expecting to here something significant from Ripple on the M&A front here shortly or within the next couple of months.

Spot on!

29 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Do the names of the people leaving give you any clues of who the partner company might be?

13 minutes ago, xrpzzzzzzz said:

Yeah, I speculated about a possible Ripple acquisition of R3 or Ripple/R3 merger back in August of 2019:

Either a Ripple acquisition of R3 or a merger of the two isn't out of the realm of possibilities as many like to think. As I reference in the above post, the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance (EEA) and Hyperledger have formed a strategic alliance. 

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Guys I can't take the pressure any more i'm selling all my ALT coins to buy XRP right now!

I wouldn't make any decisions based on FOMO. All of this back-n-forth is ONLY SPECULATION at this point. We have no insight or inside knowledge with regards to Ripple's current or future plans!!

Too late, I've moved into XRP very quickly, I appreciate your candor King34Maine and I appreciate your public discussion valuing your opinions. I believe there is merit to what you guys are saying. Ultimately, this is my decision i've made and I have to live with it. I guess I had the "Fear of missing out" but for some reason my gut tells me that when something does happen it will happen fast. I want to try to capitalize on that as we haven't really seen any upwards movement from XRP in a while and I believe there will be something happening real soon. I have faith in Ripple and Team Brad. All the best to everyone!

Edited by Scout