Latest: Thailand’s Oldest Commercial Bank Builds Ripple-based App for 16 Million Users

2 hours ago, Archbob said:

That doesn't necesarrily mean XRP. You could always do that with xCurrent.

Exactly. I don't think it uses XRP, what ODL corridors are there to use? But the tech is ready for ODL once the required corridors are build.

"Countries marked for coverage this year with this service include Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam." ...

Since SCB and SBI Remit already work together  (using RippleNet) to power real-time remittance payments between Japan and Thailand, maybe in the above mentioned corridors XRP will be used when available ... not only in the SCB app, but also in the SBI MoneyTap app which is scheduled to go live in Q1 IIRC ...

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Exactly. I don't think it uses XRP, what ODL corridors are there to use? But the tech is ready for ODL once the required corridors are build.

I think I heard on Crypto Eri some time ago the plan is to get Singapore on ODL, and Singapore have regional subsidiaries with nostro-vostro accounts in the regions.  So Aus sends to Singapore and the money is paid out of a Singapore regional sub bank in a local currency in Thailand or Malaya.  The same goes for Japanese banks which have strong links with countries like Vietnam.

The systems between old style correspondence banking an new style ODL will get integrated.