CaligulazBaby

CryptoEri, Nicolas Steiger body language

3 hours ago, CaligulazBaby said:

I am pondering about whether to write a blog regarding Nicolas's body language and would like some feedback because it would take a good number of hours and I don't want to waste my time if nobody is interested so here's my views on the first four minutes.

So I just watched the first four minutes of it and I got to say that I didn’t pick up on most of the body language that you did. Now that’s not to say that I don’t see body language it’s just that, I see some of it and I don’t draw the same conclusions about what they mean.
I always find it interesting when others are really good at reading both the nonverbal as well as verbal clues (what they said vs what they didn’t say) in conversations.

3 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

So I just watched the first four minutes of it and I got to say that I didn’t pick up on most of the body language that you did. Now that’s not to say that I don’t see body language it’s just that, I see some of it and I don’t draw the same conclusions about what they mean.
I always find it interesting when others are really good at reading both the nonverbal as well as verbal clues (what they said vs what they didn’t say) in conversations.

I will be leaving a link to the person I learnt what I know from because she is really quite brilliant at what she does. As for this, I'm not gonna be a "like shloot" and seven likes amd two comments this quickly is enough for me to forge ahead. The blog should be ready later today or tomorrow. Thank you to all who gave feedback.

41 minutes ago, rippledigital said:

When we gaze at clouds we often see animals and faces, i.e. we tend to see what we know or imagine, not what's actually there. 

Like when the police interrogate a murder suspect and say they use body language when what they actually do is look at a cloud before arresting the black guy?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, 69GTOjudge said:

image.png.02f34c18d6eac2c9aa859899168f7e81.png

That’s a well known Gestalt picture, Sometimes called “the beauty and the hag,” and shows us that perception is very subjective.  Some people are able to see both, but you can’t see them both at the same time.  Anyway, I am a believer in body language analysis and it goes beyond subjective perception. There are many universal and unconscious cues that poker players have used very profitably to capitalize on their less suspecting opponents.  This is why many professional card players cover their faces, wear sunglasses, avoid all facial interactions, etc.  I for one would be very appreciative of @CaligulazBaby to venture into this project since all data can be useful.  Cheers! 

Edited by Sharkey

6 hours ago, CaligulazBaby said:

@PunishmentOfLuxury posted a really great video of CryptoEri interviewing Flashfx's Nicolas Steiger just here,

I am pondering about whether to write a blog regarding Nicolas's body language and would like some feedback because it would take a good number of hours and I don't want to waste my time if nobody is interested so here's my views on the first four minutes.

I actually did a blog a while back (link below) reviewing his interview with Mr Nugget but that was just audio which is where I found his "tell" when asked questions he doesn't like to answer.

https://coil.com/p/Mikey_Ashman/Flashy-Fx/YXzhT4tuu

As for this video, this is what I have noted down to begin with.

@0:00 Starts off nervous with tense shoulders and using the table as support with both arms, also notice the large breaths in @0:31.  The heart is pumping harder than usual so it needs more oxygen so the breaths get heavier.  His heart is going and he is using the table as support, clearly not use to being on camera in this manner. Doesn’t start relaxing until @2:30.

@1:17 mentions Bitstamp and smiles, probably because they are happy to have finally got a deal with the USD/AUD corridor.  Mentions again with a little smile/laugh at @2:12.

@1:29 looks down before answering the question indicates he’s not super comfortable with saying whether Ripple approached them for help or vice versa.  Shows quite well in his answer which is somewhat evasive and just focuses on how they expanded their corridors without mentioning specifically whether Ripple asked them to.

@2:35, does his “tell” lol.  Doesn’t like the question.  Hence him not giving any names, talks about “team effort” then changes the answer topic to corridors again but does it with a smile.  New corridors opening makes him happy.

I'd seriously like that effort. I'd just like to ask to keep the body language interpretation apart from the "conclusions" that get made. 

E.g.

@1:17 mentions Bitstamp and smiles, probably because they are happy to have finally got a deal with the USD/AUD corridor.

Smiles, --> happy camper --> probably ...

Keeps moving on his chair, low volume --> uncomfortable --> ...

The reason I ask is that I believe clues could be easily interpreted differently. So I'd rather keep the interpretation clearly seperate from the clues.

I would agree with @SquaryBone's post above ^.

I also find it a bit childish/desperate for an investor to draw conclusions (mainly positive) given what company (Ripple), what product (XRP) we are talking about. I mean that the company and the product are mature, healthy, wealthy enough to show decent progress/news themselves. 

I might be wrong but  it looks very artificial to me.

2 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

I'd seriously like that effort. I'd just like to ask to keep the body language interpretation apart from the "conclusions" that get made. 

That's an excellent point, I don't want people thinking that I'm some interrogation pro or have qualifications.  It's all just a hobby I have fun with and helps me on the poker table.

25 minutes ago, WillGetThere said:

I might be wrong but  it looks very artificial to me.

It's just a bit of fun, stop taking everything so seriously.

It's all just a hobby I have fun with and helps me on the poker table.

Ha!  I thought you played cards!!  When XRP moons maybe we can play the WPT in Vegas.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Ha!  I thought you played cards!!  When XRP moons maybe we can play the WPT in Vegas.  :lol:

I am literally sat at a poker table now. For sure when we're millionaires we'll go take down a main event or two.

I am literally sat at a poker table now. For sure when we're millionaires we'll go take down a main event or two.

And @Sharkey - Nice to see fellow players here. Given our proclivities to gamble in Cryptos, it should be no surprise !

Was in Vegas myself over the holidays, earning a Xmas eve score at Aria (2nd after an epic hour long heads up battle to a most worthy opponent I'd nearly KOd at 5-handed, arg!).