PunishmentOfLuxury

Crypto Eri interviews FlashFX's Nicolas Steiger

1 hour ago, mrhat75 said:

Did you skip Economics 101? Because we covered supply, demand, and price on the first day of class.

Do explain you are obviously smarter than me.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, Tinyaccount said:

On the interview itself.  I was a bit disappointed.  Eri is a lovely person and very astute in the Japanese sphere and knowledge about XRP in general.

However she was asking the wrong types of questions I think.  The smiles on her face as she did ask indicated that she understood he would not be able to answer a number of them.

Perhaps it would have been better to ask more of the ‘mechanics’ type questions.  For instance,  initially it seemed the ODL packets were smaller but lately they seem to be larger and less frequent.  Is there batching or netting going on?  
How hands on is the actual process?  Does someone need to watch the order books and tweak settings,  or is it self adjusting? What types of control settings does a customer (Not end user...  the FI customer of Ripple) have that they can set?  Eg the 15% of Moneygram Mexico corridor volume.  Can Flash-fx receive a Swift message and act like a correspondent bank to complete the rest of the tran using ODL?

Stuff like that might have been more revealing and more able to be revealed.  Or not.  We don’t really know,  but those questions might have been a better line than how many in 2020 etc.  I was a bit surprised she didn’t seem to have a handle on the market maker concept.  I know they seem shrouded in secrecy,  but the overall concept is relatively simple (even if the actual mechanics is not) and it is well explained in multiple places.

Dont get me wrong...  I really like Eri and sometimes watch the videos...  I am glad the interview occurred, and I learnt a little bit that’s new, but I’m trying to give an honest review.

Hi, just catching up on the feedback here. What question would you like to ask then? Happy to explain where we can and organise a community live Q&A using a suitable medium. 

17 minutes ago, Nicolas said:

Hi, just catching up on the feedback here. What question would you like to ask then? Happy to explain where we can and organise a community live Q&A using a suitable medium. 

THB , most here just want to know when XRP finally will boom and how high it will go.... do not expect much intelligent questions :)
Unless you're specialized in deep knowledge XRP charts analysis as that's about the most discussed subject here :D

36 minutes ago, Nicolas said:

I have used your services and found exactly this...    helpful friendly and competent experience...  wow...  thanks for calling in.

One thing I’m wondering about...    if you look at https://utility-scan.com/#/dashboard (which may, or may not, be telling the whole ODL story) then you see a regular large type of payment happening.  So as I mentioned in my post:

initially it seemed the ODL packets were smaller but lately they seem to be larger and less frequent.  Is there batching or netting going on? 

And I was wondering about the configurability of ODL...  are you able to real time adjust the volume flow or is the flow adjusted programmatically to accomodate liquidity and costs concerns?

I have plenty of questions but don’t want to flood you.  We can make a thread here specifically for an AMA if you want to do that...   entirely up to you of course.  The liveness of a thread is not perhaps the same as Twitter but if you advise a time I’m sure you’d get many people ‘live’ on there.

Anyway...  I’ve said it before...  you guys are great and I wish you every success.  Thanks.

Edited by Guest
Stooopid autoincorrect

3 hours ago, Nicolas said:

Happy to explain where we can and organise a community live Q&A using a suitable medium. 

Thank you Nicholas for taking the time to respond and your kind offer of participating in a Q&A.   I’m sure there are lots of us here (most more technically astute than me) who will come up with some great questions for you and I look forward to seeing the results.  

Hi Nicolas.  I see you joined XRP chat in 2016, and now you are doing this fantastic work developing ODL in Australia!

Wow the XRP community is great. 

Thank you for the interview with Eri.  I got a lot back from it.  I hope some of the technical chaps will grab the opportunity to interrogate you more closely.

5 hours ago, Nicolas said:

Hi Nicolas, really appreciate you reaching out to the community and offering your time. I think you’ll find a lot of support on this forum for your proposed AMA.  It’ll definitely need its own thread 👍

@Nicolas if you wish to run an AMA here we can start a thread and title it:

“Nicolas from FlashFX - AMA - live at 0100 UTC 19thJan”   or some such.  
If we make it for in the future,  people will be able to pose questions in advance to give you time to compose answers and then when you arrive you can paste the answers in and the ‘live’ portion will begin.

Just offering this as a suggestion,  you may want to choose a different medium or format.  Please just let us know if you wish to do that or something else or have reconsidered and prefer not to do it.  Thanks for considering it.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, Flintstone said:

Are there any limitations/restrictions for the size or amount of payments you can currently  process through ODL?

There are no limitations as such. The only limit is having the liquidity and quality of pricing at the exchanges. For now we putting through trades ranging from 200$ to 100k$. With time that will increase dramatically with flow through these exchanges. More payments volumes, more market makers, more liquidity etc.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, Tinyaccount said:

@Nicolas if you wish to run an AMA here we can start a thread and title it:

“Nicolas from FlashFX - AMA - live at 0100 UTC 19thJan”   or some such.  
If we make it for in the future,  people will be able to pose questions in advance to give you time to compose answers and then when you arrive you can paste the answers in and the ‘live’ portion will begin.

Just offering this as a suggestion,  you may want to choose a different medium or format.  Please just let us know if you wish to do that or something else or have reconsidered and prefer not to do it.  Thanks for considering it.

sorry for not responding earlier. I understand its easier to have a thread and people can read responses. Maybe one of the admins is collecting questions and then we have a live chat, where those questions are being reviewed and answered as opposed to me speed answering community questions. Just looking for an efficient way to do this.

1 hour ago, Nicolas said:

There are no limitations as such. The only limit is having the liquidity and quality of pricing at the exchanges. For now we putting through trades ranging from 200$ to 100k$. With time that will increase dramatically with flow through these exchanges. More payments volumes, more market makers, more liquidity etc.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. :)