Sign in to follow this  
minicuzzo

Strange behavior from a non investor

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, PlanK said:

Every time your colleague mentions it do one of the following:

1) Smile mischievously and give him a little wink.

2) Tap your fingertips together Mr Burns style and say "excellent"

3) Say "I love it when a plan comes together"

4) Point to some other random crypto that's just pumped and say "But crypto X has done well, that's good news for me", then walk away.

The secret here is obviously to not answer any followup questions, just smile as you know something they don't.

Orrrrr.

5) Hit him on the head with a PlanK

Edited by Staigera

I caught the xrp bug early on and also prostletyzed a little bit in excess. I can't help it sometimes. I get super excited about something and I want to tell others, if not out of sheer excitement, to help. I'm the type of person who when this ship takes off, I'm going to feel guilty if people I know who aren't doing so well found out I bought in as low as I did look at me like "wtf why didn't you tell me." That's my thought process anyways. 

Problem is reality doesn't always go that way. If you convince someone else to buy, even if you preface your suggestion with "don't invest a dime beyond what you're prepared to lose" they're still going to blame you if XRP shits the bed. Also money is a very intimate thing with most people as I've learned. I told one guy I work with who loves to talk about investing and making money ect about xrp. He's the type who knows all this shit about stocks and real estate and banking but curiously never "pulls the trigger" so to speak. Told him about xrp, thought it would be perfect for him for how cheap it is. He got really put off by it in a "don't tell me what to do with my money" sort of way. I wasn't in any way abrasive about it or anything he just got all butthurt.

Another co-worker I told sounded really interested but when i told him even though its very cheap to buy atm, if he really expected to make 1 mil in the next 10 years he'd probably want to consider a 5-10k investment (this was when it was hovering around 0.30.) He realized he just didn't have the money as he had recently divorced. I just got done hyping up how I hope one day the shit would moon and I would benefit so then I felt like an ass. 

Online is one thing but I'm done hyping up cryptocurrency irl lol. If people want to ask me about I will talk your ear black and blue bur yeah I'm not pushing it on nobody.

Well said @Lambosexual   I see myself in much of what you said.

I really regret telling some people about it...  I’m sure they waited too long then bought in and have lost money ever since.  I believe if they hold they will be laughing but I doubt they will.  So I too feel bad about the things I said for exactly the same reasons you mentioned...   I didn’t want to be selfish and not tell others of the opportunity I saw.

But now I am reluctant to even discuss it with newcomers.

Don't worry trying to sell it to them when prices are this low and nobody is interested in crypto anymore. They'll come knocking on your door with; "Heey, you know something about buying bitcoin right?" when it's all over mainstream media again and too late to invest.

At least this time they can get accounts setup faster (and reset even faster if they're 2017 bubble buyers) to buy us out.

...Yes I know this is going to drag in a lot of "it will never moon again/crypto is dead" comments now. I'm not of that opinion looking on whats being build since 2018...

Two Italian males, let me see...Tell him you love the way his eyes sparkle when he talks to you about xrp and that it makes him look really cute. He'll either stay away from you (you win), or want to be with you - in which case you politely rebuff him, tell him you're straight and he'll be too embarrassed to approach you for a while (you win).

You're welcome :biggrin:

1 hour ago, jMusic said:

Two Italian males, let me see...Tell him you love the way his eyes sparkle when he talks to you about xrp and that it makes him look really cute. He'll either stay away from you (you win), or want to be with you - in which case you politely rebuff him, tell him you're straight and he'll be too embarrassed to approach you for a while (you win).

You're welcome :biggrin:

No I'm Italian, he's German. So your method won't work😂

4 hours ago, minicuzzo said:

No I'm Italian, he's German. So your method won't work😂

Strange, Italy and Germany went together pretty well around 80 years ago... you need to find a common ground together.

Us Dutch people gave up pretty quick around those years. Thats why we hodl this time.

I have the same type of friend. Your friend has been following the price out of curiosity but believes there is no value to hodling or investing in crypto. He just likes to bug you in a subtle way because he believes he knows better. Best to not let his comments get to you because if it happens to balloon you can ask him how his investments are going?

Sign in to follow this