Ripple Exec Says He’s Working on a Platform That Gives Artists ‘100% of Revenue’

https://medium.com/@CryptoCwby/plugging-into-the-internet-of-value-2c41f31e88af

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/51824/ripple-exec-builds-platform-for-artists-to-sell-music-for-xrp-and-keep-100-of-revenue

https://www.xsongs.store/store-app/

https://tictactoe.xrp.games/

"He added that music is “just the beginning;” anything digital such as e-books, art, etc. will eventually be sold directly from creators to users. “With a peer to peer music marketplace scaling on its own, imagine all the other digital content that could be sold in a similar fashion."

All that money being poured into xSpring, and all we get is this shitty "let me build something in my spare time" project without a long term vision?????

XRP is not suited for consumer payments for content. Something is needed to provide privacy and scalability between the client and the ledger.

I don't expect this to be the final iteration of xSongs. And it may inspire something much better.

3 hours ago, lucky said:

XRP is not suited for consumer payments for content.

Lucky, I agree with your point that an intermediary may be necessary to facilitate equitable distribution, privacy, copyright verification, etc. However, I think you're overlooking XRPL's payment channels as an answer to your scalability hangup.

The developers don't appear to be nincompoops. Micropayments are a key element of the Internet of Value strategy. I can't imagine they'd pursue meaningful uses of XRP micropayments if TPS limits were a concern.

Plus, Chris Larsen has spoken about using Codius to facilitate "a billion times a billion transactions per day" in global payments. That's a quintillion transactions.

Posted (edited)

The platform has gone live today in beta form, which means users can buy songs in XRP. 

Users can buy songs?????  Wtf?? 

Since a couple of years I rent millions of songs on demand via Spotify and Apple Music for only € 10 a month ( together with my 3 family members).  Parking my car in the city for more than 2 hours cost me more...

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

10 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

The platform has gone live today in beta form, which means users can buy songs in XRP. 

Users can buy songs?????  Wtf?? 

Since a couple of years I rent millions of songs on demand via Spotify and Apple Music for only € 10 a month ( together with my 3 family members).  Parking my car in the city for more than 2 hours cost me more...

Here is the big difference..... many artist will tell you that services like Spotify and Apple MUsic are hurting artist and many make little to no money after Spotify/Apple get their take....the idea behind xSong is that it will pay artist more for thir work. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Here is the big difference..... many artist will tell you that services like Spotify and Apple MUsic are hurting artist and many make little to no money after Spotify/Apple get their take....the idea behind xSong is that it will pay artist more for thir work. 

I get that and they maybe must unite and renegotiate with Apple and Spotify. But one thing is clear: as consumer I’ll never go back to the old scheme of buying songs ( like I don’t buy or rent DVD for more than a decade now), and I think a lot of people ( but my own kids for sure) are/will be of the same opinion.  

Grammar and spelling

2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I get that and they maybe must unite and renegotiate with Apple and Spotify. But one thing is clear: as consumer I’ll never go back to the old scheme of buying songs ( like I don’t buy or rent DVD for more than a decade now), and I think a lot of people ( but my own kids for sure) are/will be of the same opinion.  

Agreed.....I would hope they develop an option for this.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Agreed.....I would hope they develop an option for this.

That plus a perfect streaming service,  partners like Sonos and a trillion songs to pick anywhere and anytime. 

Content is key. Ask Netflix, Disney and the othere competitors

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

What in the actual fuсk is this, lol

Even Coil's business plan looks decent compared to xSongs.. and that's saying something. 

Looks like a desperate attempt to make XRP seem valuable. 

Edited by XRPiggy

7 hours ago, lucky said:

All that money being poured into xSpring, and all we get is this shitty "let me build something in my spare time" project without a long term vision?????

Not a Xpring project bud.

Xsongs is just a site built by Ripple's Director of Product in his spare time.

Xpring does however support Raised in Space, run by former head of BMG. They're investing in music industry projects TBA: https://raisedinspace.com/

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_(service)

The whole pay artist more argument isn't new either. This is obsolete.