3 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

No, I do not. What ecosystem? Internet of value when the ledger is built for 1500 tx/s? Not gonna happen. 

I mainly invested in xrp due to xrapid. I do not care about xpring, xsong, xrandom, xcrap...

The ecosystem is using XRP as a currency no matter how it is transacted, the fact you want it to be xrapid (ODL btw) is a moot point.  As for the start of your post that's just speculation which I can't be bothered to "discuss."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coil have introduced a "boost program" where they reward bloggers with a monthly payout of XRP.  In December three bloggers received roughly 10,200 XRP, 8,800 XRP and 5,500 XRP respectively.....just f

This one sounds familiar...

Coil platform still doesn't allow to embed a tweet properly. How do they want to make inroads if even the basics don't work.

6 minutes ago, XRPwinning said:

I started writing about esoteric history and how most of what we know about ancient civilizations is completely wrong. Egyptians not being the builders of the pyramids for example. I love talking about it but not the biggest fan of writing... you think people would be interested in that subject?

yes....you'll find an audience for any subject.

Remember if you blog....stay active,  post and share on social medial, get your trusted circle of followers to help you,  offer give-aways and try and use pics,  solicit feedback and use it to improve your blog.

Good luck.

9 minutes ago, XRPwinning said:

I started writing about esoteric history and how most of what we know about ancient civilizations is completely wrong. Egyptians not being the builders of the pyramids for example. I love talking about it but not the biggest fan of writing... you think people would be interested in that subject?

https://coil.com/u/ExploreMore

This is Lauren and she's in the CBC too.  She writes about other stuff but she loves history and wrote quite a few blogs about medieval stuff.  I really, really, really love history and would definitely read interesting blogs on historical figures, moments.  I currently watch a youtuber here,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnDI2sdehVm1zm_LmUHsjQ

He does 20 minute biographies of famous people from history.  You will find people willing to read for sure, I'd be one of them.

3 hours ago, Kiwi said:

No, I do not. What ecosystem? Internet of value when the ledger is built for 1500 tx/s? Not gonna happen. 

I mainly invested in xrp due to xrapid. I do not care about xpring, xsong, xrandom, xcrap...

You really think that 1500 transactions per second is as good as it will ever get😂

6 hours ago, CaligulazBaby said:

https://coil.com/u/ExploreMore

This is Lauren and she's in the CBC too.  She writes about other stuff but she loves history and wrote quite a few blogs about medieval stuff.  I really, really, really love history and would definitely read interesting blogs on historical figures, moments.  I currently watch a youtuber here,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnDI2sdehVm1zm_LmUHsjQ

He does 20 minute biographies of famous people from history.  You will find people willing to read for sure, I'd be one of them.

and all that stuff is free on the net, why would anyone bother to pay a Coil subscription for that privilege.

Edited by KevClem
10 hours ago, lucky said:
  • Coil is not dead, they haven't even started yet.
  • XRP is not a worthless token, and coil has 1 billion of them.
  • This is not about easy money, but doing the things you like to do while getting paid for it.
  • You are a troll.

Coil has a billion XRP they do not know what to do with, so they are flicking them out like candy to try and attract bloggers onto a stillborn platform.

Some may call this "incetivise", I see it more as desperation.

I really wish they would focus on their primary use case, rather than all these offshoots.

Edited by KevClem
12 hours ago, KevClem said:

Coil is dead, another try and fail half bake attempt of a platform.

There are easier ways to make money in life then spending considerable time blogging, only be paid in a worthless token.

You could just sell the token once you get it for real cash, you know.

10 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Off course you can.

Let's see whether this free candy giveaway attracts any quality content. As it stands there is nothing worth paying a subscription for IMO that can't be found on the net already for free.

14 minutes ago, Archbob said:

This is the problem why xrp becoming worth less and less. The only thing people use it, is to sell for cash.

Ripple has made a fatal mistake imo by providing ripplenet services without xrp usage.

Edited by superboon
55 minutes ago, superboon said:

Ripple has made a fatal mistake imo by providing ripplenet services without xrp usage.

The problem is, if they did not offer a solution without XRP usage then practically no one would use their software.

There are no ODL corridors available with any significant volume, and many banks simply cant touch or use a solution involving crypto.

It was more out of necessity than anything else to start getting a foot in the door with FI's. 

Edited by KevClem
1 hour ago, PatriciaC said:

Hi guys!! 😊

I am the person that made 10200 xrp from Coil last month and have a new blog to share with you about all my Boosts! Will add it in the corresponding section, just wanted to say hi here first 😉

You mean you were paid by coil for advertising coil?

As far as you wrote, these boosts are not for granted. So this looks like a bad deal to me since average joe probably wont even get any boost at all.

Edited by superboon

On the Coil front, I've been a vocal critic of Coil for a while unfortunately.

I think they're taking groundbreaking tech (P2P streaming payments) and wrapping it in a monthly subscription that offers no real value add for consumers. My fear is that they'll waste too much time trying to make a bad business model work even though the tech is incredible.

One major advantage of micropayments is that they could enable consumers to make the payments themselves via their own wallets, rather than being handcuffed to minimum spends by credit card costs. That is after all the use case that's being unlocked: digital ownership. So why are we placing yet another company in the middle? Subscriptions solve the micropayments issue by bundling those consumer payments into monthly spends. I'm saying we need to unbundle now that we have the freedom to.

The first step is not a $5 subscription that even XRP fans won't pay right now. The first step is integrating payment platforms with ILP and permitting users to route small payments directly.

To be fair, many Coil-like services will develop over time, but the "one service to rule them all" model is antithetical to the concept of the internet of value. What's more, looking at the numbers it has failed to take off -- which is why Coil is offering so much XRP via the boost program. I want them to learn from that failure because I want to see them succeed.

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP