1 hour ago, CaligulazBaby said:

Coil is trying to get their name out there and they can't dance with the big boys until us little guys bring enough value to the platform in the form of traffic.  Simple concept to understand.  So Coil and their massive war chest is throwing money (literally) at bloggers who are actively helping to build that landscape so the big boys come to play.

This one sounds familiar...

4 hours ago, panmores said:

Coil platform still doesn't allow to embed a tweet properly. How do they want to make inroads if even the basics don't work.

I don't know? Maybe because of this. 

6 hours ago, CaligulazBaby said:

Coil are offering disgusting amounts of money to people who are willing to write some decent material

7 hours ago, superboon said:

This one sounds familiar...

Lol that's why I worded it that way but in all fairness Ripple have sent a lot of money out to non-investors so it's not like you won't be getting paid by Coil sending money out to non-investors.  Maybe that's the issue, everyone is sat about hoping to get rich for nothing and with everyone doing nothing, the price is following.

6 hours ago, panmores said:

Coil platform still doesn't allow to embed a tweet properly. How do they want to make inroads if even the basics don't work.

I actually agree with you completely.  I wrote a 30 day review blog and it was brutal, there was A LOT of stuff about Coil I didn't like and I let rip.

https://coil.com/p/Mikey_Ashman/My-30-day-Coil-review/HuvU3Ky4h

But by the time I did my 60 day review they had fixed enough that I was willing to give a more positive review.

https://coil.com/p/Mikey_Ashman/My-60-day-Coil-review/IuhojYbr0

If you TL;DR then basically it says I think they were lazy.  They invested no time or effort into the website and were expecting bloggers to bring the traffic while paying $5 a month to do their job for them.  There was other stuff too but yea I ripped them apart.  But then they changed the home screen and the stuff they were being lazy about was also addressed but then they bought in this Coil boost program more prominently and it's almost free money.  Seriously 10,000 XRP a month to write some blogs cannot be argued with so my 60 day review blog is a lot more positive.

I was expecting at least a couple of people willing to jump on this one.  Guess I'll just have to go find blogging groups elsewhere.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, CaligulazBaby said:

I was expecting at least a couple of people willing to jump on this one.  Guess I'll just have to go find blogging groups elsewhere.

Coil is dead, another try and fail half bake attempt of a platform.

There are easier ways to make money in life then spending considerable time blogging, only be paid in a worthless token.

Edited by KevClem

2 hours ago, KevClem said:

There are easier ways to make money in life then spending considerable time blogging, only be paid in a worthless token.

That's the spirit! 

They pay you in XRP and you can exchange it for FIAT so it's real money and actually I don't think there are many easier ways to make money in life, at least not for a writer.

2 hours ago, KevClem said:

• Coil is not dead, they haven't even started yet.
  • XRP is not a worthless token, and coil has 1 billion of them.
  • This is not about easy money, but doing the things you like to do while getting paid for it.
  • You are a troll.

3 hours ago, KevClem said:

Are there? So you are paid in fiat for your posts here, or by a token that you deem not being worthless? Let me guess, that must be BTC then?

Personally, I think it's rather bad. So the coin I invest hard money in is thrown out of the window for a few clicks. Does such a company act like that, which one believes that XRP is worth more than a few cents? Stefan Thomas was already at Ripple and now allows his company to throw out thousands of XRP per month. They would never do that if they thought that 1 XRP was worth $3. I am not satisfied at all. I'm not happy at all.

1 minute ago, Elysium2030 said:

Personally, I think it's rather bad. So the coin I invest hard money in is thrown out of the window for a few clicks. Does such a company act like that, which one believes that XRP is worth more than a few cents? Stefan Thomas was already at Ripple and now allows his company to throw out thousands of XRP per month. They would never do that if they thought that 1 XRP was worth $3. I am not satisfied at all. I'm not happy at all.

How do you expect utility to work? There has to be buying and selling. Demand is low right now, not just for xrp. If you arent happy with your investment then get out (when in doubt get out). You only need to judge your own behavior, if you think Ripple / Coil is throwing out free xrp and its hurting retail speculators then open a short position or look for a better investment. I had the same thinking as you so I sold 90% of my xrp.

55 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Trading volume per month is something like $15-20 billion?  I don't think Coil paying all their bloggers a collective total of something like $5k is hardly going to make a dent in that $15 billion.  As an XRP holder you should be encouraging this because they're using the XRP to nurture the ecosystem.  Add to the fact that the bloggers from CBC are hodling their XRP and anything they don't is being given away for free on Twitter to help promote the platform.  Pretty much this entire system is about moving XRP from Coil to bloggers and then from bloggers to Twitter etc.  There's almost no FIAT involved and yet everyone still feels like they're earning.  This is a good thing!

37 minutes ago, CaligulazBaby said:

Trading volume per month is something like $15-20 billion?

80% of that volume is fake. It was calculated ripple with their programmatic sells do 4% of sell pressure. Add to that all the xrps donated/gifted and you get -40% in a year. If nothing significant changes with xrp adoption in 2020,  I can see xrp going below 5c. I just cant see a reason something being valued for few billions when it is literally used by company they invested in. 

37 minutes ago, CaligulazBaby said:

As an XRP holder you should be encouraging this because they're using the XRP to nurture the ecosystem. 

No, I do not. What ecosystem? Internet of value when the ledger is built for 1500 tx/s? Not gonna happen. 

I mainly invested in xrp due to xrapid. I do not care about xpring, xsong, xrandom, xcrap...