XRP Shows Strong Transaction Growth

When taking a look at transaction count, XRP has outperformed Bitcoin and Ethereum tremendously from Jan 2019 through December 2019. You can take a look at the chart below to see the metrics and % change from our original post. Price may not be there, but it seems like some sort of positive "utility" kicked in throughout the year. Not much change in ETH and BTC though.

17 minutes ago, DirectorCoulson said:

The transactions/payments on the xrpledger look like a pump and dump. This is all im seeing related to xrp

PnD.png

The transactions you’ve noticed there are some sort of spam-like trans on the XRPLedger that don’t involve real payments...   just cycling BTC IOUs through a number of created addresses.  There is some speculation that these are part of a scam or a spam attack. 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

The transactions you’ve noticed there are some sort of spam-like trans on the XRPLedger that don’t involve real payments...   just cycling BTC IOUs through a number of created addresses.  There is some speculation that these are part of a scam or a spam attack.

Thank you for the information. This means for me that no one is using the ledger only people who want to spam it 

8 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

What about the ODL with Moneygram? Wouldn't we see this on the XRP ledger? I understand there was some type of spam attack, but from my understanding, the volume was only a small percentage of the total transational volume. 

7 hours ago, DirectorCoulson said:

Thank you for the information. This means for me that no one is using the ledger only people who want to spam it 

I want to clarify, because @DirectorCoulson will start cherry picking information as they are doing RN. 

Edited by ObeyTheWafflehouse
7 hours ago, DirectorCoulson said:

2020 will be very telling. Price action or not. If we don't see ODL volume and corridors ramping up by the end of the year, I'll certainly reconsider my investment. 

That being said I already consider the money I've put in to be gone. I don't really care to recoup it. And there still could be legitimate reasons to continue hodling even if ODL hits some more road blocks.

I think it will ramp up though. I don't care how far (logically, emotionally I want 589 lol), just that we see solid progress.

Edited by mrhat75
13 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

I want to clarify, because @DirectorCoulson will start cherry picking information as they are doing RN. 

RN?

Yeah he did manage to draw totally the wrong conclusion from one small bit of info.  Does make one wonder.

15 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

What about the ODL with Moneygram?

I’m just going on gut feeling and the small amounts of info out there...   so far I really doubt that you would see the small number of ODL transactions in the overall graph.

1 hour ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

because @DirectorCoulson will start cherry picking information as they are doing RN. 

Sorry i was told xrp is the only crypto with real usage. So ive decided to observe the xrpledger metrics and it looks ugly as hell like the price chart of xrp. This doesn't mean anything about cherry picking, is this a place where i can't represent my concerns? you can check my post history to confirm that ive bought on the expectations of the CEO's statements. It appears to be a bad idea to take any public figure in crypto seriously even the 'serious' ones.

Sitrep over.

1 minute ago, DirectorCoulson said:

Sorry i was told xrp is the only crypto with real usage. So ive decided to observe the xrpledger metrics and it looks ugly as hell like the price chart of xrp. This doesn't mean anything about cherry picking, is this a place where i can't represent my concerns? you can check my post history to confirm that ive bought on the expectations of the CEO's statements. It appears to be a bad idea to take any public figure in crypto seriously even the 'serious' ones.

Sitrep over.

I'm definitely an XRP fan and a holder since early 2017.  I continue to buy the dips when I can.....but the reality is at some-point the statements from the CEO and other at high levels in @Ripple should start to manifest themselves in ways we can see and understand.  

For example:  The number of banks using, and number of customers,  This might all be accurate as far as "RIPPLE" as a company, but until we start seeing XRP volume then it does not make much difference for those interested in making money with XRP.  

Trust me,  I'm a fan and I like TEAM Ripple.....but the reason I am here is to make money.....if the next 2 years are like the last 2 years, no one would blame any of the HODL for bailing on this project.  

I'm am sitting with fingers crossed and hope to see my investment grow.......if not..... oh well....move on.

11 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

high levels in @Ripple should start to manifest themselves in ways we can see and understand.  

Agreed.  As XRP is one of the few DA’s with a real company behind it  with the, (potential and/or actual) power to influence the price of XRP substantially, they should give us a regular update of some usefull KPI’s instead of “ we onboard a lot of customers” and “ I believe......xxx” .  Like real companies do. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
8 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Agreed.  As XRP is one of the few DA’s with a real company behind it  with the, (potential and/or actual) power to influence the price of XRP substantially, they should give us a regular update of some usefull KPI’s instead of “ we onboard a lot of customers” and “ I believe......xxx” .  Like real companies do. 

In someways this is why I would love them to go public......downside is that the control starts moving to shareholders and could stifle innovation.

10 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

In someways this is why I would love them to go public......downside is that the control starts moving to shareholders and could stifle innovation.

I would be very worried if they decided to IPO.  That would essentially represent an exit scam for the executive.  They would be cashing in and signalling their lack of belief that they can stay the course.

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I would be very worried if they decided to IPO.  That would essentially represent an exit scam for the executive.  They would be cashing in and signalling their lack of belief that they can stay the course.

Not necessarily : depends who the actual shareholders are and how the IPO will be executed is it open for retail or only institutionals? Is it for raising extra money for investments for the company ( primary offering) And what are the investment plans? What will the actual shareholders do with their newly obtained shares ( secondary offering).?  Etc etc. 

For me it’s more about having a vision and funding it with an IPO than a lack of believe and an exit scam. 

Aannnnnnd maybe give XRP holders a discount???