HackSwiTcH

Recurring Payments Webstores & XRP Smart Contracts

Hi Zerpers, 

Long timer Hodl'r and IT geek 

I'm building a new Ecommerce store and want to use Smart Contracts based on blockchain that connects (Soft wallets, recurring CC/XRP/ETH/BTC trans) that has been verified by a third party (lawyer etc) that the contract is good, and the Buyer is (Trusted) 

I'm not sure this is developed yet or even where to start. I'm not a programmer but I can install plugins and config. 

I know there are options for (Woocommerce Subscriptions) and the like but I want to dev this out based on BLKCHN and Highlight XRP. 

Help appreciated and sorry if this topic has been covered.  In a whole new world with Smart Contracts. 

Example)  Product A is $0.00, with a 12 Month contract. M2M would be $99.00 or If Monthly is not fufilled Default price for Product A is charged at full rate $399.00.

Sell Product A with (Smart Contract), charge a verified wallet (XRP) monthly, Have backup CC data if needed for "trust/failover"?.

Ability to auto pause/suspend (Service) if contract is not fulfilled. 

I imagine the Smart Contract being E-signed as well by the customer, can blockchain provide (Digital-E-Signatures) that could replace current PDF Hard Signed and Soft Signed contracts? 

Thinking out of the box here and thanks for the help in advance!

SwiTcH

Howdy Hack, and welcome to XRP Chat (I've only been here a few months myself).

I'm a long time Dev, and have been recently "mastering" WP lately (I've a free plugin on GitHub), and currently I'm trying to keep up with what all has been evolving in the crypto IT side of things - as this is absolutely the future of e-commerce !

There was some company's leader I saw quote earlier this year (2019) about a missing capability with XRPL that needed creating (or they were planning to pursue it), I want to say it was Coil, but maybe not; the missing solution they described was for providing a mechanism to enabled authorized 3rd party transfers on demand. 

IIRC, the concept goes like this:
Pre-determined amounts of XRP in the payor's account (XRPL) are designated as "pre-authorized," to be auto transferred to a specified recipient account upon receiving a request from an authoritative payee (like a signed message). There's numerous ways this could be implemented; the objective is to emulate the capabilities that credit cards can do for recurring billing (like auto-renew subscriptions, etc).

Right now I'm wrapping up some ODL visualization PHP scripts with WP for a hobby project (see Bitso thread for more info) and a few small freelance contracts. Once I'm done there, I'm planning to pursue learning more about exactly the scope of use cases your post describes.

Already I know there is a Woo Com. plugin for taking XRP, which will prolly be the first thing I dive into then :)

Good luck with your project, please do keep us posted here on your discoveries, progress, and frustrations. If I stumble upon anything relevant I'll drop another post here as well.

Cheers m8 

Jas, right on bro.  

I have been using the WP plug-in this far but it comes in quite shy for actual use at the moment. I just had to deactivate as it conflicts with several other basic WP plugins..

I did reach out to the COIL Team, Ripple, and Brad G-dawg on LinkedIn and twitter, yet got no response, Thus my need to reach to the community.  It was just pre-SWELL 2019 to be forthright.  If anyone here can help to get me in contact I have a much bigger idea for payments using XRP but would need to Ripple or a backer to get it to market.

I can go into one more detail but w have to do the NDA/NC thing

I will check out the links you mentioned.  

I'm not sure how well (pre auth or set aside funds) would work (not that it wouldn't), isn't that pretty much setting aside funds.. All in all we are looking to rid nostro vostro accounts as a creation, I believe the ledger and BlockChain have the unrealized ability to do just that.  

Ie; Past trans, a separate active wallet with a ballance just greater than or equal to the transaction, a third party CC or CC like BlockChain creation that taps into actual credit score/commerce trust.  Credit Karma, are you listening? 

I would think this would be a pretty high priority yet understand the lazer focus is on the banks right now.  

Say projects we do for Walmart, 

They need us to order product c,d.

For project A

The techs installing product  c,d need payment before project B.

They also sold a new product E on project A.

CC companies don't look at the full picture, banks do and would loan the company Fiat for project A. From start to finish the biggest problem I have seen is that nothing is stremlined and there is no trust.  The transfer from Walmart to company to purchase c,d,e then takes 3+ days the payment to product company takes 3+ the install is done but payment to installer takes 7-14.

If we look at the project and had say a bucket that has the smart contract terms , everyone could pull directly from the bucket that was pre-authorized much faster cutting the red tape and address lack of visibility avail with current systems.  

I've no idea the capabilitys of smart contracts yet but imagine IoT AND IFTT can and will change this space alongside XRP and BC smart contracts.

I got off on a tangent as I'm really interested in the software and hardware as I deal with both.

Recouring payment over Block C is the focus of this but it goes deeper for actual use and I just felt the need to extrapolate at this late hr..