XRP sales are "negligible amounts compared to our other funding" says CTO

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes yes. All very natural and organic. An avalanche of new accounts created in a bear market that exclusively spread FUD, in the year XRP went from a great idea to launching ODL and enabling mill

No words @JoelKatz... Preparing the exit yet? 

I suggest you read Davids tweet again (with an open mind if possible).   The thread he commented on was about ICO's.  If you then look at what David said in the tweet highlighted above, he was ta

Posted Images

9 hours ago, XRPage said:

I work with blockchain and digital assets every day, of course I know the potential. That doesn’t mean anything.

Do you have numbers that support your estatement? Do you have a realistic model that translates Ripple and XRP usage and success into price estimation?

Sorry, but you just sound like youtubers and clickbait videos. Give me something real and we can debate. 

image.thumb.png.20051357e367c0153d583a1b6bec770f.pngt of

Out of curiosity what blockchain or project do you work with everyday?

14 minutes ago, panmores said:

I have trouble believing David about this. No startup is swimming in cash after such a short time. Of course XRP sales are a golden cash cow for Ripple. Of course Ripple sales tanked the price.

I certainly agree that the large volume sales of XRP had an affect on price.

I think David was referring to the amount of cash that was acquired during initial VC funding substantially outweighed the amount received through xrp sales. As time frame wasn't specified, but I believe he was referring to a time in which xrp was worth .05 cents an xrp.

Move forward a few years and the amount of cash is substantially more due to an increase of price. As of today 40x.

As far as market movements it seems the xrp moves with BTC along with many others. Sure XRP didn't go up to .70 centish during BTC run to $12,000. So it is a market and time will tell.

xRP May or may not work long term TBD....it’s still early....only question I ask is what if I’m wrong.....so I bought a bunch and have for years....I could care less about price.....ripple is solving a problem.....and xrp is part of the solution....I literally could care less about the price....if people are to blind to look at the news and follow it then leave....there will be downward pressure for years to come, ups and down etc....if your emotionally attached your better off to sell....rather then wine to others.....I remember when Facebook launched and they said it would flop etc....they don’t produce anything was the argument....if it works great if not keep looking for opportunities in life.....it’s sad to see how impatient people are.....but what do you expect In the now generation....take a seat ride the waves or get out....I’m gonna go hike enjoy the beach and not waste my time here.....cause I expect it’ll be a decade before I care about price.....good luck ......and to all the haters......find a better way in life...lol...your embarrassing yourselves....

7 hours ago, panmores said:

I have trouble believing David about this. No startup is swimming in cash after such a short time. Of course XRP sales are a golden cash cow for Ripple. Of course Ripple sales tanked the price.

What David is referring to is the fact that since the inception of Ripple Labs the financing predominantly came from VC and private rounds. The first time you see any significant financing (above 1M USD) via XRP happens 4.5 years after company's start, sometime in mid-late 2017. At that point Ripple already had more than 150 employees and 100+ banks/FIs on board. The XRP ledger had separately been working for more than 5 years.

So they literally built the company with VC financing and licensing revenues. Now if their business is seen as a promising business and people saw XRP as a potentially valuable asset in that model and wanted to buy more XRP on the market after mid 2017, there's no reason for Ripple to not sell. But that's not an ICO. \\

For the last 2 years has Ripple sales been negligible? I don't know. I would think it would have some effect. But what I do know from the market reports is that Ripple has cut on its retail sales of XRP in the last quarter and we have slumped back to one of the lowest XRP values over the last 2 years, so this whole argument about Ripple crashing the price via XRP sales doesn't really seem to make sense.

1 hour ago, ed1 said:

What David is referring to is the fact that since the inception of Ripple Labs the financing predominantly came from VC and private rounds. The first time you see any significant financing (above 1M USD) via XRP happens 4.5 years after company's start, sometime in mid-late 2017. At that point Ripple already had more than 150 employees and 100+ banks/FIs on board. The XRP ledger had separately been working for more than 5 years.

So they literally built the company with VC financing and licensing revenues. Now if their business is seen as a promising business and people saw XRP as a potentially valuable asset in that model and wanted to buy more XRP on the market after mid 2017, there's no reason for Ripple to not sell. But that's not an ICO. \\

For the last 2 years has Ripple sales been negligible? I don't know. I would think it would have some effect. But what I do know from the market reports is that Ripple has cut on its retail sales of XRP in the last quarter and we have slumped back to one of the lowest XRP values over the last 2 years, so this whole argument about Ripple crashing the price via XRP sales doesn't really seem to make sense.

These markets are a lot about psychology. The markets punish XRP for the assumption that Ripple was dumping on them. Takes a lot to rebuild trust. 

1 hour ago, ed1 said:

What Ed1 said. #nailedit

9 minutes ago, panmores said:

These markets are a lot about psychology. The markets punish XRP for the assumption that Ripple was dumping on them. Takes a lot to rebuild trust. 

Yep, this market is a retail and cult market which is also subject to whales and bots and FOMO and FUD.... I'm an investor. So +5 years. If you're a speculatior... XRP is not for you. 

12 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I can assure you I have seen the reddit posts.  I’m certain you have never seen a Ripple equivalent.

Ever thought that Reddit isn't the most reliable source. A random person made a post on Reddit about it,.it must be true rotshield is paying ppl to post fud about xrp.

Fast get the tinfoil hats.

Edited by Staigera
1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

Assumption? Lol

If selling 1.2 billion worth of xrp is not dumping I do not know what is.

Don't you know they need those billions to build the infrastructure of xrp. 

Who else is gonna rap about xrp if they can't hire snoopdog.

Or how are they gonna hire Trump to be the next impeached president as their spokesperson.

''XRP is great, it is the best digital assest, belive me it is the highest in price, it is even higher than BTC, XRP is the best, it is so fast, it already mooned to $100 and back to 0,19 it is tremendous!'' 

13 hours ago, Vvittin said:

xRP May or may not work long term TBD....it’s still early....only question I ask is what if I’m wrong.....so I bought a bunch and have for years....I could care less about price.....ripple is solving a problem.....and xrp is part of the solution....I literally could care less about the price....if people are to blind to look at the news and follow it then leave....there will be downward pressure for years to come, ups and down etc....if your emotionally attached your better off to sell....rather then wine to others.....I remember when Facebook launched and they said it would flop etc....they don’t produce anything was the argument....if it works great if not keep looking for opportunities in life.....it’s sad to see how impatient people are.....but what do you expect In the now generation....take a seat ride the waves or get out....I’m gonna go hike enjoy the beach and not waste my time here.....cause I expect it’ll be a decade before I care about price.....good luck ......and to all the haters......find a better way in life...lol...your embarrassing yourselves....

A couple of issues with your post:

1. It is good advice to now worry and focus on the prices.  Unfortunately, your posts have no impact on stakeholders in the community.  If people feel upset based on actions taken by Ripple, they have the right and will continue to voice their concerns via different discussion forms.  When people have these concerns you realistically have a few options: Avoid those forms of discussion/mute people or push Ripple to correct the actions causing those concerns.  Otherwise, your last option is to accept listening to people voice their concerns.

2. You mentioned they are embarrassing themselves... How do you know this, did everyone tell you they are feeling embarrassed?  You can not feel embarrassment on behalf of someone else.  The closest to this is vicarious embarrassment or second hand embarrassment.

3. Avoiding using long run on sentences may be more effective when trying to convince people to believe differently.

Edited by wogojump
7 hours ago, Staigera said:

Ever thought that Reddit isn't the most reliable source. A random person made a post on Reddit about it,.it must be true rotshield is paying ppl to post fud about xrp.

Fast get the tinfoil hats.

Yes I agree it’s not definitive,  but in the context I saw it I believed it was real.  And it gels with the unswerving hatred felt by the tribal maximalists out there.  Tone Vays recently wanting Ripple management all in jail for instance.

I’ve also had one of the dead set fudsters on here (not like you, a merely disgruntled and angry investor, this was a ‘every single post is pure fud’ guy,) admit he was getting paid.  He later took it back ‘as a joke’ but I’m fairly sure he was cocky and serious when he said it.

As against that,  there are no cases extant of Ripple paid shills.  And it just doesn’t make sense that smart people in a growing company would risk everything with such a dubious value proposition.  

But you think I’m the one wearing the tinfoil hat.

29 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yes I agree it’s not definitive,  but in the context I saw it I believed it was real.  And it gels with the unswerving hatred felt by the tribal maximalists out there.  Tone Vays recently wanting Ripple management all in jail for instance.

I’ve also had one of the dead set fudsters on here (not like you, a merely disgruntled and angry investor, this was a ‘every single post is pure fud’ guy,) admit he was getting paid.  He later took it back ‘as a joke’ but I’m fairly sure he was cocky and serious when he said it.

As against that,  there are no cases extant of Ripple paid shills.  And it just doesn’t make sense that smart people in a growing company would risk everything with such a dubious value proposition.  

But you think I’m the one wearing the tinfoil hat.

“I’m so embarrassed to have invested in to this shit coin “ @Staigera own words. 
his embarrassment and hatred fails any reasonable retort, only self loathing and negativity remains in his investment in XRP, good luck Kiddo😀