XRPage

XRP sales are "negligible amounts compared to our other funding" says CTO

I suggest you read Davids tweet again (with an open mind if possible).  

The thread he commented on was about ICO's.  If you then look at what David said in the tweet highlighted above, he was talking about the early startup days of Ripple, how they were funded and when they first started selling XRP.  I don't believe he was talking about recent sales of XRP.  This is just my take on it after re-reading a few times.  I think David was not clear about which period of time in Ripple's history he was talking about, but then again, why should he have to be - the conversation was about ICO periods in various coins history.  

At first glance the comment seems questionable, I grant you that, but if you read the thread in its entirety, I think it is pretty obvious.   The Mike Dudas's of the world were always going to have a field day with it.

Edited by Gilligan
Added Dudas opinion

The "negligible amounts compared to our other funding." comment by David was probably NOT referring to VC funding.

How much have they made from software sales and partnerships with the 300+ institutions they have signed on? If they've earned 12B or more through partnerships and contracts, then yes, I would say their XRP sales are negligible.

Ripple does not disclose how much they have made though these partnerships(nor should they). These number aren't public because Ripple and their customers do not want them to be. 

300+ employees, offices in expensive cities, generous donations and funding for side projects don't come cheap! They must have a strong income on top of XRP sales to have been able to accomplish this. I think they will continue to grow even as they slow down XRP sales.

31 minutes ago, EasterBunny said:

The "negligible amounts compared to our other funding." comment by David was probably NOT referring to VC funding.

How much have they made from software sales and partnerships with the 300+ institutions they have signed on? If they've earned 12B or more through partnerships and contracts, then yes, I would say their XRP sales are negligible.

Ripple does not disclose how much they have made though these partnerships(nor should they). These number aren't public because Ripple and their customers do not want them to be. 

300+ employees, offices in expensive cities, generous donations and funding for side projects don't come cheap! They must have a strong income on top of XRP sales to have been able to accomplish this. I think they will continue to grow even as they slow down XRP sales.

It's relatively easy to obtain disclosure.. just buy some shares of ripple labs from Sharespost or EquityZen (I think minimum of $10-25k)... then as a shareholder, you'll get all the disclosure you want..

12 hours ago, richxrp said:

It's relatively easy to obtain disclosure.. just buy some shares of ripple labs from Sharespost or EquityZen (I think minimum of $10-25k)... then as a shareholder, you'll get all the disclosure you want..

There are no shares... Ripple gas not IPO'd as yet, no public listing. 

So, how does Sharespost help prey tell? 

It's OK, I'll wait. 

16 hours ago, Gilligan said:

I suggest you read Davids tweet again (with an open mind if possible).  

The thread he commented on was about ICO's.  If you then look at what David said in the tweet highlighted above, he was talking about the early startup days of Ripple, how they were funded and when they first started selling XRP.  I don't believe he was talking about recent sales of XRP.  This is just my take on it after re-reading a few times.  I think David was not clear about which period of time in Ripple's history he was talking about, but then again, why should he have to be - the conversation was about ICO periods in various coins history.  

At first glance the comment seems questionable, I grant you that, but if you read the thread in its entirety, I think it is pretty obvious.   The Mike Dudas's of the world were always going to have a field day with it.

ICO as the name suggests is an initial coin offering which never happened with XRP. The most one can talk about would be a secondary or follow on public offering of XRP but that doesn't help with their securities BS story. Plus if you talk about secondary and follow on public offerings then you may have to address the importance of miners in BTC community who are also continously offering newly mined coins and the Foundations selling billions of coins in other respective projects, none of which would help the FUD that Mike Dudas and the likes want to push.

Ripple never had an ICO, they had private investors which helped them build their own business. The business model itself has changed quite a bit since the start. XRP sales in the market after 4 years of company operations and 5 years of ledger activity are nothing more than a dispersion of the asset. In fact, in the early days Ripple was literally giving away XRP from its stash. I don't know of any private company that goes for an IPO while giving away its shares to random outsiders.

An oil company that buys equipment worth 300M USD through private funding and then goes on to extract and sell oil (say worth 3 billion USD) isn't selling securities. Neither are the people who have bought the oil are shareholders or have any claim to company stock. We also don't know if the private company has licensing revenues from other relevant partners who use their extraction techniques and so on.

Mike Dudas and his gang are twisting the narrative to tell a FUD story. Can he perhaps tell us how much financing Ripple has received from XRP sales from 2013 to 2017 and compare it the actual VC financing and income from licensing revenues?

I have already blocked these idiots from the Block, they are biased and ill mannered people. They are essentially the #fakenews media of crypto world.

1 hour ago, Kumo said:

There are no shares... Ripple gas not IPO'd as yet, no public listing. 

So, how does Sharespost help prey tell? 

It's OK, I'll wait. 

Yes there are! Ripple issues stocks to  investors, employees, board members, and advisers. 

14 hours ago, richxrp said:

I don't think that's true, especially for EquityZen. From their FAQ:

What am I purchasing when I invest?

- When you make an investment on EquityZen, you are purchasing ownership in an EquityZen fund that owns the shares of the company. You will not own the stock in the company directly.

Do I own the stock in these companies?

No, you'll be a member of an LLC that owns the shares of the company.

I don't think even if you were an actual shareholder in a private company you'd get access to a lot of things.

6 minutes ago, XRPage said:

This is so "funny" :

Poor guys, they have to sell XRP because there is no other way to distribute it. 

XRP is not recovering from where it is now and these guys know it. 

Well, Ripple can give it away for free, in which case XRP won't ever recover because any price above 0 will be a profit for those who receive XRP. By selling XRP to willing buyers they are ensuring the distribution of this asset as well as guaranteeing it's value set by market prices.

XRP prices are very easy to manipulate right now as the crypto market lacks any depth. Ripple could simply buy back 100M USD worth of XRP and the price would come close to a 1$ and this entire FUD rhetoric would change but that wouldn't be a healthy and sustainable price. A healthy market requires multiple participants for which one also needs regulatory clarity. Lacking this, the only thing you'll ever get in crypto is a Tether pump manipulated by bitfinex and supply shocks manipulated by miners.

13 minutes ago, dik said:

The train is still moving in the right direction. Real world usage *will* happen in 2020. Do the most stupid thing in your life and sell your bags if you haven't done so yet.

Based on what? Brad's words? Ripple has been saying the same lies for the past 2 years. Don’t believe what they say, their fortunes and future depends on it. 

If and only if Ripple starts sharing the real numbers, roadmap, goals and xrp price models (I am sure they have and they must be not very positive based on their actions - derisking and other employees leaving the company) I might change my perception. 

Edited by XRPage

8 minutes ago, XRPage said:

Based on what? Brad's words? Ripple has been saying the same lies for the past 2 years. Don’t believe what they say, their fortunes and future depends on it. 

If and only if Ripple starts sharing the real numbers, roadmap, goals and xrp price models (I am sure they have and they must be not very positive based on their actions - derisking and other employees leaving the company) I might change my perception. 

Based on what I see happening, within Ripple, and outside Ripple.

I don't think you really understand the value proposition of decentralized digital assets, and what problem they solve. I believe the point of no return has already been crossed.