Sign in to follow this  
Xill

This is the reason Ripple must burn their escrows.

If tomrrow there is a financial crisis (and I think it's coming) people will buy gold silver and bitcoin.

BTC is slow, in that case it will take i guess a week for 1 damn confirmation. also high fee's. there will be demand for a faster, low fee asset.

XLM is a good choice. It fulfills the demand and also no one has 50b of it in escrows. In XRP case it is horrible. it will give the criminals at the IMF and FED access to do what they have been doing for years. Printing money. Inflating. The middle and poor class are the one who pay their criminal activites. If it keeps this way, We will never be able to buy a house. We will not be able to own a car. We will be slaves. because of their money printing and QE's

if there is a financial crisis no one will ever trust the banks again. this is the purpose of crypto. XRP should burn their escrows. im not talking on the short term!

escrows are a crime. stealing money no matter how you look at it.

--------

important one

Edited by Xill

10 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

If there is a financial crisis, no one will ever very trust the banks again....

I think they will.

Nobody will flock to crypto of all things when there is another recession (which happen and are all normal by the way)

this time it's different thanks to bitcoin and crypto. it was made just for that. crisis is coming, the fed has no ammo left.

I think it's starting. gold is on the move

Edited by Xill

1 hour ago, Xill said:

this time it's different thanks to bitcoin and crypto. it was made just for that. crisis is coming, the fed has no ammo left.

Crypto is still too young and difficult for the average person. I could see it falling in the class of precious metals or gold (which has zero utility funny enough) if driven properly over the next 5-10 years.

I'm no economic expert. I strongly disagree with the doom and gloom that people preach. I don't think that government debt and inflation are necessarily bad things...government debt is not like personal debt and the numbers are a paper dragon. Recessions are completely normal and don't mean the world is ending or that this financial system is ending.

My experience in life has shown me that the answer is almost always in the middle. Therefore anything too alarmist or too extreme on either side is something that I don't take too seriously.

Those are my .02 because so many people in crypto also love acting like the sky is falling.

Crypto has no value. In a crisis people are going to stock up on things of value such as precious metal, guns and ammo.

It is such a pipe dream that you think they will allow you to use bitcoin instead of fiat. They want control and they will jail you, take away everything you have, or kill you if you try to get out of their control.

remember there was a recession crisis scare earlier this year? Bitcoin dropped a lot in response.

Edited by susli

3 hours ago, Xill said:

Is it really different?

https://www.oaktreecapital.com/docs/default-source/memos/this-time-its-different.pdf?sfvrsn=10

You might want to read the memo on the link above to see things from another perspective. The memo's written by Howard Marks, a successful value investor who's been around for a long time... 

10 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

I'm no economic expert. I strongly disagree with the doom and gloom that people preach. I don't think that government debt and inflation are necessarily bad things...government debt is not like personal debt and the numbers are a paper dragon. Recessions are completely normal and don't mean the world is ending or that this financial system is ending.

Congressional Budget Office numbers tend to be conservative, do not include the costs of servicing the debt, and hold current policies in place.  Government is trending to get much larger requiring additional spending.  Recessions are normal, unsustainable spending is not (unless you are comparing it to the history of fallen monetary systems ).

united-states-national-debt-1950-2019.jp

baselines.jpg

debt.jpg

healthcare-costs.jpg
student-loan.png

Edited by ManBearPig

31 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Congressional Budget Office numbers tend to be conservative, do not include the costs of servicing the debt, and hold current policies in place.  Government is trending to get much larger requiring additional spending.  Recessions are normal, unsustainable spending is not (unless you are comparing it to the history of fallen monetary systems ).

united-states-national-debt-1950-2019.jp

baselines.jpg

debt.jpg

healthcare-costs.jpg
student-loan.png

The dollar is ahead to where the Venezuelan Bolivar is at.

Hyper Inflation.

Will XRP Solve it? Will it be Stellar? Nano? ETN? this is our bet :blink:

11 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

Crypto is still too young and difficult for the average person. I could see it falling in the class of precious metals or gold (which has zero utility funny enough) if driven properly over the next 5-10 years.

My experience in life has shown me that the answer is almost always in the middle. Therefore anything too alarmist or too extreme on either side is something that I don't take too seriously.

Those are my .02 because so many people in crypto also love acting like the sky is falling.

They print money, at the same time with Low Interest Rate. even an 8 years old kid will understand how ****** up this is. 

They QE and buy gold with it. The rich (or criminals) gets richer. (and this is why XRP escrows are a crime. printing money is a crime against humanity,think for youselves, XRP is adopted, The USD is gone. There is 50B XRP in escrows. They will inject it to market and buy land? gold? againt,the fkin rich gets richer. CRIME)

You know the meme where there is a dog running at the edge of a cliff, passes the cliff and runs on the air till he looks down? this is where we at. 

Do you research. Knowledge is power. this seems so unreal but this is where the criminals lead us. They tell to venezuela not to print money, they told to asia not to print money when they themselves print it. This is a shit show. 

TBH if i knew all of this before I invested in XRP I would have bought GOLD (prob what david schwartz have done when cashed out due to risk management)

Edited by Xill

36 minutes ago, Xill said:

The dollar is ahead to where the Venezuelan Bolivar is at.

Hyper Inflation.

Will XRP Solve it? Will it be Stellar? Nano? ETN? this is our bet :blink:

Nothing is going to beat out bitcoin anytime soon as a digital alternate for store of value, that is what it was invented for.

I think Facebook's Libra had a good idea as a first step of pegging a digital currency against a basket of the world's prominent currencies, not allowing the dollar to single handedly be the standard, though private corporations having control over this (along with Ripple's XRP) is giving too much power to the hands of a few.  I don't think the USA's dollar will collapse suddenly, but will be a long, drawn out inflationary tumble which can last decades that gets replaced with something that we cannot predict yet. 

15 hours ago, Xill said:

If tomrrow there is a financial crisis (and I think it's coming) people will buy gold silver and bitcoin.

BTC is slow, in that case it will take i guess a week for 1 damn confirmation. also high fee's. there will be demand for a faster, low fee asset.

XLM is a good choice. It fulfills the demand and also no one has 50b of it in escrows. In XRP case it is horrible. it will give the criminals at the IMF and FED access to do what they have been doing for years. Printing money. Inflating. The middle and poor class are the one who pay their criminal activites. If it keeps this way, We will never be able to buy a house. We will not be able to own a car. We will be slaves. because of their money printing and QE's

if there is a financial crisis no one will ever trust the banks again. this is the purpose of crypto. XRP should burn their escrows. im not talking on the short term!

escrows are a crime. stealing money no matter how you look at it.

If anyone is worried about Ripple's transparency or choices, then yikes don't even glance towards XLM/Stellar.

Just a few of the important points missed when telling Ripple to follow Stellar's example-

1) After the November 2019 burn the total supply of XLM shrunk from 105 billion to 50 billion. The Stellar Foundation still controls 30 billion of said coins. This is a larger percentage of XLM than what Ripple has of XRP in escrow currently. From all signs they simply can't get enough interest in XLM to justify so many coins in existence (One reason the community voted to stop inflation for the whales in October 2019) so they burned over half the supply. That didn't really work out for them either. The price of XLM rose a couple of cents for a day or so then dropped back down below what it was worth previously. ($.06 pre-burn and now its at $.04)

2) Them being able to access 30 billion coins at anytime and choosing if they can print more or burn as much as they want proves that they are centralized. The entire point of Ripple's escrow is to fit with the narrative of decentralization.

3) The early giveaways were abused and millions of dollars of XLM went to people who automated account creation to claim free XLM. Some of them even made youtube videos at the time showing how much they were receiving. There's even rumor that once this was discovered some of their own employees took advantage. What percentage of coins went to the same place during that time period? Stellar isn't known for its transparency, so who knows.

4) In 2017 through a bug in their code an additional 2+ billion coins were printed and entered the marketplace. Research groups discovered it in 2019, and again Stellar never really bothered to mention it, because again no transparency.

Now whoever has turned a profit on XLM, great for you. Maybe Stellar, with a handful of big names partnering with them, will get it's act together and use their copy of Ripple's codebase effectively and prove the naysayers wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

I understand your point wasn't actually about XLM, and that you just want them to copy Stellar and start burning coins, but nonetheless, touting it as something Stellar is doing that's better for it's holders compared to Ripple is faulty logic. I would strongly advise anyone looking to acquire more XLM, if their choice is XLM or XRP, to DYOR and read some of the eye-popping articles about Stellar and XLM, from just this year, before making any hasty choices.

19 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Nothing is going to beat out bitcoin anytime soon as a digital alternate for store of value, that is what it was invented for.

I think Facebook's Libra had a good idea as a first step of pegging a digital currency against a basket of the world's prominent currencies, not allowing the dollar to single handedly be the standard, though private corporations having control over this (along with Ripple's XRP) is giving too much power to the hands of a few.  I don't think the USA's dollar will collapse suddenly, but will be a long, drawn out inflationary tumble which can last decades that gets replaced with something that we cannot predict yet. 

Btc also gives too much power to the hands of few, those who has 10k of mining rigs, again rich gets richer.

Edited by Xill

14 minutes ago, GrumpyHodler said:

If anyone is worried about Ripple's transparency or choices, then yikes don't even glance towards XLM/Stellar.

Just a few of the important points missed when telling Ripple to follow Stellar's example-

1) After the November 2019 burn the total supply of XLM shrunk from 105 billion to 50 billion. The Stellar Foundation still controls 30 billion of said coins. This is a larger percentage of XLM than what Ripple has of XRP in escrow currently. From all signs they simply can't get enough interest in XLM to justify so many coins in existence (One reason the community voted to stop inflation for the whales in October 2019) so they burned over half the supply. That didn't really work out for them either. The price of XLM rose a couple of cents for a day or so then dropped back down below what it was worth previously. ($.06 pre-burn and now its at $.04)

2) Them being able to access 30 billion coins at anytime and choosing if they can print more or burn as much as they want proves that they are centralized. The entire point of Ripple's escrow is to fit with the narrative of decentralization.

3) The early giveaways were abused and millions of dollars of XLM went to people who automated account creation to claim free XLM. Some of them even made youtube videos at the time showing how much they were receiving. There's even rumor that once this was discovered some of their own employees took advantage. What percentage of coins went to the same place during that time period? Stellar isn't known for its transparency, so who knows.

4) In 2017 through a bug in their code an additional 2+ billion coins were printed and entered the marketplace. Research groups discovered it in 2019, and again Stellar never really bothered to mention it, because again no transparency.

Now whoever has turned a profit on XLM, great for you. Maybe Stellar, with a handful of big names partnering with them, will get it's act together and use their copy of Ripple's codebase effectively and prove the naysayers wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

I understand your point wasn't actually about XLM, and that you just want them to copy Stellar and start burning coins, but nonetheless, touting it as something Stellar is doing that's better for it's holders compared to Ripple is faulty logic. I would strongly advise anyone looking to acquire more XLM, if their choice is XLM or XRP, to DYOR and read some of the eye-popping articles about Stellar and XLM, from just this year, before making any hasty choices.

Thanks for the information. I agree. Im against any kind of escrows and the ability to inject value out of nothing into existing market. 

Is there any fast low fee  coin with all supply in circulation?

Edit: Nano. Tomorrow im going to buy some

Edited by Xill

Sign in to follow this