Z3NInvestor

Anyone Buying?

I'm buying and selling...swing trading...mostly bitcoin, but some xrp (and SPXL) too.

My HODl order sits around $0.15.

My greatest realization was that you can still profit even when you are in the red by selling the losing tokens and buying back more at a lower price. Took a while to gain the confidence to do it, but good risk management has facilitated this endeavor.

18 hours ago, jMusic said:

I'm buying and selling...swing trading...mostly bitcoin, but some xrp (and SPXL) too.

My HODl order sits around $0.15.

My greatest realization was that you can still profit even when you are in the red by selling the losing tokens and buying back more at a lower price. Took a while to gain the confidence to do it, but good risk management has facilitated this endeavor.

Yeah but how do you not get killed by the fees?

Exactly, I trade mostly on Binance (0.1% fees) and just started on BitMex. Tried Bitfinex also but the spreads are a problem sometimes, especially on anything other than the big 3.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, Javim777 said:

I am waiting now. I have my first buy order around $0.03.  Next one at $0.01 and then buy weekly around $0.0065.

That would be an incredible opportunity should we see it! I don't think it'll ever go under .05c but I guess we'll see

On 12/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, rippletotheend said:

Fees on Binance are only 0.25%, some sites are even lower. Tax is another issue but that depends on your location.

I can't imagine anyone rationally make a conscious decision to pay more than 0.25%.  Mind boggling.

Posted (edited)

I periodically look (every week or two) at XRP Stats and enter a wallet size of 200,000. Chosen because it is a serious enough size without being too out of reach.

There are between 10 to 15 wallets with larger values than 200,000 being added each time I look. I don't look at percentage as there are too many dead / insignificant wallets that skew that figure.

So yes I think there are reasonable positions being built up even in this market.

Today's value is 6878 if you want to monitor 

https://ledger.exposed/rich-index/200000

Obviously this does not differentiate between individual wallets held on exchanges.

Edited by madToo

On 12/28/2019 at 2:07 AM, ManBearPig said:

VET/VTHO - could see supply chain based utility come before the much larger, politicized banking/payments industry.

ADA - Long-term proof of stake and Dapps project with some promising hype, next phase of mainnet and staking right around the corner.

HOT - near infinite scalability, decentralized internet, more of a moonshot.

BTC - not an alt-coin but still king, and conditions look right in the next year for store of value to be bullish.

LINK/SHA/XTZ are a few others.

Hey ManBearPig,  not sure if you know but re: ADA staking.....It started a few weeks ago on the staking testnet. I've chosen a staking pool (you can switch at anytime to a pool with better rewards)  been staking for a few days now and am receiving ADA daily. If you had your ADA in the Daedalus or Yoroi wallet when the last blockchain snapshot was taken then you can stake as well. It's a fairly easy process....

Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2019 at 4:44 AM, jMusic said:

Around last september, tired of XRP slow draft, I started selling most of my XRP as price was moving up. I ended getting at an average of 0.26.

It was an eye opener to watch price go up with little XRP at hand. I also got the strong sense of missing on something of importance as if I had jumped ship.

I sold because I started wondering if I had just gotten addicted to the idea XRP would rekindle with the massive moves of yesteryear.

I watched the price go up, confident it would go down, yet relieved when in end of November XRP started going down again.

Bitcoin started going down too, so I got busy trying to hedge my portfolio, shorting BTC and ETH on a leveraged basis in equal dollar amount to my portfolio.

I bought XRP back a few days ago at 19.5 cents, more XRP than I sold, but this time using Bitmex futures contract.

The bizarre part is that the march contract is selling at a discount of 10 to 15 satoshi which means that close to expiration that gap will move towards zero.

Not only the contract is cheaper than the actual XRP rate on the exchanges, but when buying limit Bitmex pays you a commission of 0.05%.

I increasingly got involved in hedging my portfolio. The entire space is linked to the whereabouts of Bitcoin. XRPBTC is telling the all story. Am I underperforming the entire crypto market or am I grasping shares of that market?

As you did, I decided to act.

Edited by 7Sol

On 1/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, madToo said:

I periodically look (every week or two) at XRP Stats and enter a wallet size of 200,000. Chosen because it is a serious enough size without being too out of reach.

There are between 10 to 15 wallets with larger values than 200,000 being added each time I look. I don't look at percentage as there are too many dead / insignificant wallets that skew that figure.

So yes I think there are reasonable positions being built up even in this market.

Today's value is 6878 if you want to monitor 

https://ledger.exposed/rich-index/200000

Obviously this does not differentiate between individual wallets held on exchanges.

Just checked again and it is 6907. 19 more in 10 days. I won't keep doing updates, just validating my post with evidence. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:22 PM, ZerpTidalWave said:

Thank you powers that be. I backed the truck up and reduced my dca to .187 Couldn’t have done it without the bears. Thank you. 

You can thank them again when we are at 0,15

Edited by Staigera

On 1/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, madToo said:

Just checked again and it is 6907. 19 more in 10 days. I won't keep doing updates, just validating my post with evidence. 

Posting an update because there has been a massive jump in the last couple of days compared to normal. 7,021 as of today. That's 143 more in 18 days. About a 100 more in the last couple of days.