tulo

Is someone of you operating rMHSvqV83BhFDhkQtXELxNYyyhq776dhzG?

That looks more like a feature than a bug to me ... 

I see that there is an internal ticket id (RIPD-1781). Looks like a Jira id, can we also access this one or is it internal only?

Edited by fluxw42

8 hours ago, fluxw42 said:

That looks more like a feature than a bug to me ... 

I see that there is an internal ticket id (RIPD-1781). Looks like a Jira id, can we also access this one or is it internal only?

It used to be public, but since 2 years or more it's private only, and I agree with that.

Could be interesting to see if the circular-path strategy is profitable. The wallet is quite messy as it traded xrp/usdbitstamp to start, back in May 2017.

Hmm, let me check how many XRP were generated in one month for instance.

4 hours ago, Lumpy said:

Could be interesting to see if the circular-path strategy is profitable. The wallet is quite messy as it traded xrp/usdbitstamp to start, back in May 2017.

It is, it depends where you live :) 

If you make 300$ and you live in china it is worth it. If you live in US probably it is not worth the effort.

4 hours ago, Lumpy said:

PS: the gains of that account are not in the main account but in the 8 "satellites".

I also don't know why there are 8 satellites, seems like a waste at first sight? You could easily do the same from 2 accounts, one being the issuer of your dummy currency and another that does the actual transactions.

Below is the evolution of the xrp balances corresponding to each sub account: UPD, UPY, UPC, UPK, UPH, UPE, UPA, UPU, UPO.

I added a virtual aggregate wallet (red line).

Time period: 14-01-2019 to 13-01-2020

Two takeaways:

• The strategy generated ~ 10,000 XRP  in one year.
  • Two phases are visible/ distinguishable. My assumption is that before June 2019, the strategy/ project was probably in a test mode. At the beginning of June, all sub wallets were initialised with more or less the same amount of xrp. Then the strategy has been running with consistency.

Peace

image.thumb.png.8b7ae81d3c2e8e11f4fb6cbb8d9c169a.png

Edited by Lumpy

Last but not least, please note that the so-called "circular payment" strategy has no benefit to the network/ ledger. 

It does not bring liquidity, it consumes existing payment path(s) by using issued currencies that have no practical use in the real economy, to the detriment of better paths for useful payments.

Although direct arbitrage between the XRP Ledger and another exchange is beneficial as it improves price discovery and liquidity, the circular strategy removes automatically the potential best option/ path (less expensive payment) for someone who is willing to send value on the ledger to someone else.

Edited by Lumpy