tulo

Is someone of you operating rMHSvqV83BhFDhkQtXELxNYyyhq776dhzG?

1 hour ago, pucksterpete said:

whats happening here? UPE, UPA etc @tulo

It's worth spending some time to see the transactions of the 8 "satellites" of this account which are sending currencies to this main. 

I won't say what's going on or the fun is over :).

17 hours ago, tulo said:

Please contact me :) 

I need to know the genius behind it. I bet it's donovanhide.

you owe me a beer :lol:

A tweet recently caught my attention about the Bill and Melinda gates foundation possibly being live on the XRP Ledger in this tweet there were some interesting transactions in a currency I hadn't seen before called UPU 

UPU a LIBRA killer. Actually a possibility.  Also, if your having fun cool. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun. So my joke may be way off.

2 hours ago, tulo said:

It's worth spending some time to see the transactions of the 8 "satellites" of this account which are sending currencies to this main. 

I won't say what's going on or the fun is over :).

9 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

Me? No, read the thread I linked to find out more

Oh, I lost that topic, what a mess for an account that has nothing to do with the U.N. :)

Also I see a couple of LOL from @yxxyun in that thread, so I think he knows something :).

Edited by tulo

Is it a clever work-around to allow circular trades? I see partial payments, 'no direct ripple' and 'limit quality' flags. I'm guessing that the flags force the path to go around the direct option, and is only successful if the exchange rate is favorable. Using a ULT/UPH token to facilitate a trade through CNY, to net a small amount of XRP? Am I close?

1 hour ago, EasterBunny said:

Is it a clever work-around to allow circular trades? I see partial payments, 'no direct ripple' and 'limit quality' flags. I'm guessing that the flags force the path to go around the direct option, and is only successful if the exchange rate is favorable. Using a ULT/UPH token to facilitate a trade through CNY, to net a small amount of XRP? Am I close?

Very close :) 

Yes it's for circular payments. It's very clever and it shound't work this way, but apparently it works.

Edited by tulo

@tulo you might want to look at Allvor for answers...UPY started just after ALV and both are linked somehow....check July 2018

As for the circular payments...I've seen that before with limited results I supposed because who ever was doing it in the early days stopped...

My guess is you can make a little % arbitrating but in the end fees and freak spikes can get you...

Edited by Malloy

Yes it's for circular payments / arbitrage.

If you find a path through multiple books that gives you a surplus (eg using Bellman-Ford) you can send your own issue over it, converting the arbitrage margin to XRP.
This is not my account, but I've tried it before with limited success. The arbitrage possibilities are small AND you have to be the fastest, because there are multiple people doing exactly this. Just keep an eye on transactions which result in 'tecPATH_DRY' and you'll find them quickly. Same for the transferred amount: mostly 10'000 or 20'000 of a self issued currency.

It was a fun project, but for me the hosting costs vastly exceeded the gains :) 

3 minutes ago, tulo said:

The hosting cost is really a few dollars a month :).

Which tells more about the profits than the hosting costs :P at least for me. Maybe someone else had a better trick to actually make it work.