Key XRP metrics (2018 - 2019):

Very nice @Stedas!

While I think you picked great stats for tracking XRP progress in the world, the one key performance indicator for me is volume. 

Not because it's one that shows the best improvement this year but because it's a leading indicator for showing utility and, with utility, I think we'll see all the other numbers rise.  I know many people can be solely focused on price and I get it - I can't explain it's low price today other than to acknowledge crypto is a very manipulated market and anyone looking for returns today has a right to be very disappointed. 

I believe though that with money saving utility will come everything else...and that includes FOMO speculation.  I think with increasing utility, upcoming regulatory clarity and FOMO your next Year-to-Year comparison (December 21, 2019 vs December 21, 2020) will look even more impressive.

Best wishes to you and yours in 2020!  Thanks again for all you do.

Thanks. The most interesting metrics for XRP are however missing: the number of ODL corridors and ODL volume.

ODL volume went from barely launched/inexistent in December 2018 to around 3.5-4 Mio USD daily volume in December 2019 (not taking this Christmas week into account). That is very impressive progress which should continue exponentially as more and more corridors open. Curious to see the comparison in one year, hopefully price will follow utility!

Edited by Claddy
59 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Very nice @Stedas!

While I think you picked great stats for tracking XRP progress in the world, the one key performance indicator for me is volume. 

Not because it's one that shows the best improvement this year but because it's a leading indicator for showing utility and, with utility, I think we'll see all the other numbers rise.  I know many people can be solely focused on price and I get it - I can't explain it's low price today other than to acknowledge crypto is a very manipulated market and anyone looking for returns today has a right to be very disappointed. 

I believe though that with money saving utility will come everything else...and that includes FOMO speculation.  I think with increasing utility, upcoming regulatory clarity and FOMO your next Year-to-Year comparison (December 21, 2019 vs December 21, 2020) will look even more impressive.

Best wishes to you and yours in 2020!  Thanks again for all you do.

Thank you for your comments!

All the best in 2020!

On 12/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, pucksterpete said:

just wait when its announced in the courts or with the sec that XRP is NOT a security....The buying frenzy begins....:popcorn1: 

Didn't BTC hit $10k+ and ETH hit $1,200+ without any 'regulatory clarity' of any sort? Neither of them have a team of 300+ and a full legal staff from Washington on payroll. These are the things that confuse me in this space..

49 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Didn't BTC hit $10k+ and ETH hit $1,200+ without any 'regulatory clarity' of any sort? Neither of them have a team of 300+ and a full legal staff from Washington on payroll. These are the things that confuse me in this space..

you and I both.......  I think the core of that issue is the crypto PURIST......they hate XRP.....the XRP fans tend to like crypto in general and appreciate other works, but lean toward XRP.  It is this crowd in my opinion that will gain the most.

Example,  I am an XRP lover, but also have and hold BTC, ETH, and others.....my Bitcoin friend would die before he ever buys 1 single XRP.......he will lose in the long run in my opinion....by lose, I mean miss out on what I believe to be the DA with the big future.

Hey @Stedas,

Would tracking the number of crypto currencies developed and canceled over time be a good metric to observe? 

I know this doesn't fit well in your key XRP Stats but, it might make for an interesting infographic of the whole crypto space in general.  My guess is starting back several years ago the number of crypto currencies developed would be minuscule and then dramatically ramp up i.e. BTC 2009, LTC 2011, XPR 2012, etc. to where we are today. Brad Garlinghouse has long predicted the coming demise of around 99% of the crypto out there as he identifies those with no real use case so, it might be interesting to see how this plays out visually over time.  Just an idea.  Sounds like a lot of work but if it does play out as such over the next few years it could prove to be a very interesting infographic.

As it is today, there is enough info to show the first developmental decade of crypto.  Looking on Coinmarketcap.com just now they have 2,389 cryptos listed.  I had heard somewhere that there were upwards of 3,000 created but I don't know if that was just a round number lobbed out or if there were upwards of 3,000 created and over 600 of them have since disappeared. 

Any how, something to consider.  Thanks.