Ripple Raises $200 Million in latest funding round

xrpmommy

17 hours ago, princesultan said:

i'm curious why they would raise money rather than just sell xrp.

A cynic in me says that there are not enough demand for XRP yet. Ripple sold its XRPs mostly to crypto exchanges in 2017-2019. The exchanges sold mostly to retail. This increased supply of XRPs to open market satisfied the existing demand and hence the price of XRP has not performed as good as many other cryptos. So, Ripple probably figured out this phenomenon during the first half of 2019 and that's why we saw them to sell less XRPs.

Why not sell XRPs to banks and other FIs then? Well, I'm afraid there are not enough demand either. I bet Ripple would love to sell billions of their XRPs today even with heavy discounts and reselling restrictions but the harsh truth is that there not institutional demand yet. It's not enough to say "XRP settles in 4 seconds" for FIs and then get the sale. This time the institutional demand will be the prerequisite of Ripple's XRP cash cow. The only way Ripple can create the institutional demand is to prove that XRP saves them money. In order to do that Ripple must build RippleNet infrastructure to the high enough level that the cost savings will become reality. So concrete that you can pull the income statement from MoneyGram (and other ODLers) and see the cost saving from there. Thus, Ripple needs more money to buidl RippleNet faster and that's why Ripple did this latest funding round because selling XRP is no longer efficient option.

Modus operandi:

1. Ripple's funding rounds

2. More money to Ripple

3. Buidl RippleNet moar

4. Prove ODL cost savings (over and over again)

5. The institutional demand for ODL will rise

6. The increasing institutional demand of ODL will also increase demand for Ripple's XRPs

7. Ripple can start selling its XRPs again and this time mostly to the institutions

Funny there has never really been any clear information released about what building “ripplenet” means. Surely it exists already? Otherwise what exactly is the “plan” in timelines and budget?

XRP investors just pump in the money, why would Ripple give them information as opposed to just relying on the Youtubers and XRP Army on twitter to simply spread lies and delusions?

4 hours ago, Eric123 said:

But it was thrown into Ripple - Not XRP

Why should a company HODL XRP if for now there are not regulations? why would they take the risk? I think regulations are coming and it will be very good for XRP but for now it's a risk for companies to hold XRP

1 hour ago, hallwaymonitor said:

A cynic in me says that there are not enough demand for XRP yet. Ripple sold its XRPs mostly to crypto exchanges in 2017-2019. The exchanges sold mostly to retail. This increased supply of XRPs to open market satisfied the existing demand and hence the price of XRP has not performed as good as many other cryptos. So, Ripple probably figured out this phenomenon during the first half of 2019 and that's why we saw them to sell less XRPs.

Why not sell XRPs to banks and other FIs then? Well, I'm afraid there are not enough demand either. I bet Ripple would love to sell billions of their XRPs today even with heavy discounts and reselling restrictions but the harsh truth is that there not institutional demand yet. It's not enough to say "XRP settles in 4 seconds" for FIs and then get the sale. This time the institutional demand will be the prerequisite of Ripple's XRP cash cow. The only way Ripple can create the institutional demand is to prove that XRP saves them money. In order to do that Ripple must build RippleNet infrastructure to the high enough level that the cost savings will become reality. So concrete that you can pull the income statement from MoneyGram (and other ODLers) and see the cost saving from there. Thus, Ripple needs more money to buidl RippleNet faster and that's why Ripple did this latest funding round because selling XRP is no longer efficient option.

Modus operandi:

1. Ripple's funding rounds

2. More money to Ripple

3. Buidl RippleNet moar

4. Prove ODL cost savings (over and over again)

5. The institutional demand for ODL will rise

6. The increasing institutional demand of ODL will also increase demand for Ripple's XRPs

7. Ripple can start selling its XRPs again and this time mostly to the institutions

You forgot regulations after stage 3. Even the MGI CEO said they cant hold XRP because there are no regulations. "Holmes explains that MoneyGram cannot hold any crypto due to regulatory roadblocks."

Well, reading between the lines is speculative but in that case I think they want to hold XRP and they should hold.

For now they created the ODL system which they dont need to hold XRP. They just use the exchanges to buy and sell and I think it will change after regulations.

It's all about regulations guys.. 

https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/new-law-banks-hold-and-sell-bitcoin/

(Replace the shitcoin BTC with XRP)

55 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Funny there has never really been any clear information released about what building “ripplenet” means. Surely it exists already? Otherwise what exactly is the “plan” in timelines and budget?

XRP investors just pump in the money, why would Ripple give them information as opposed to just relying on the Youtubers and XRP Army on twitter to simply spread lies and delusions?

I think the timeline is this:

1. Building RippleNet - Done

2.Building xRapid - Done

Those who invested at stage 1,2, are the early investors. (we are still at those stages)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3.Regulations

4.XRP become a trusted asset, Companies begin to hold XRP

5.Price pumps hard, Ripple gains too much power (market cap of trillions)

6.Escrow will be given to the US Treasury/Ripple becomes part of the US Treasury

7.XRP replacing the SDR. at this point it has enough liquidity,algorithem trusted asset (Unlike the USD, Which btw is very bad for the entire world to act as an SDR) and it is a bridge currency.

I mean, how can Ripple show this in their timelines? they just cant, they have to prove it.

Edited by Xill

4 hours ago, Xill said:

Why should a company HODL XRP if for now there are not regulations? why would they take the risk? I think regulations are coming and it will be very good for XRP but for now it's a risk for companies to hold XRP

Exactly - that's why the news of Ripple raising $200 million by selling equity is not bullish for XRP.

5 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Exactly - that's why the news of Ripple raising $200 million by selling equity is not bullish for XRP.

The 200m$ is instead of escrow sales if you ask me. Not that bullish for XRP price but it's good for ripple the company. 

The most bullish thing for XRP price will be regulations 

@Xill agree it is very good for Ripple.  IMHO the fact that the investors didn't obtain any XRP is bad for XRP.  Whose to say that Ripple won't one day abandon XRP entirely -  I would feel better if Ripple investors had an interest in XRP so that there is some support for the project and they are not just invested in Ripple's success. 

3 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@Xill agree it is very good for Ripple.  IMHO the fact that the investors didn't obtain any XRP is bad for XRP.  Whose to say that Ripple won't one day abandon XRP entirely -  I would feel better if Ripple investors had an interest in XRP so that there is some support for the project and they are not just invested in Ripple's success. 

But they cant invest and hold in XRP as i understood from MGI CEO. Maybe they are also afraid because we lack of regulations and it's a risk for them.

I think they will hold when regulations are set. 

31 minutes ago, squirrel1 said:

He said they are interested in supporting the ecosystem like exxon 

I think a few things will come from this Series C funding round. Firstly, we all know that they will be expanding/scaling their ODL platform with many more partnerships and corridors. Second, in a Fortune article about Ripple's Series C, Brad/Ripple spokesperson stated: 

"Garlinghouse says Ripple clients also use significant volumes of XRP to facilitate transfers of Australian dollars and Philippine pesos, and that the company is testing transfers of Brazilian real. As for the new funding round, Garlinghouse cited a high level of investor interest in Ripple, saying the company did not need the money, though the funds will provide "balance sheet flexibility." A Ripple spokesperson said its plans for next year include hiring up to 150 new employees and adding overseas offices."

"It's been a tremendous, tremendous year for Ripple," he says, adding that the company will be disclosing more numbers and major announcements in early 2020."

I wouldn't be surprise if we see some major acquisitions/acqui-hire announcements and an influx of major banking partnerships here in the US, maybe China?? Thirdly, I think this Series C funding was, in many ways, a "Middle Finger" to the many Ripple/XRP doubters/haters. I like Brad's "shoulder shrug" response when asked why they did the raise. He was like, "we really didn't need it, but we did it because we could do it beeotches!!!"

8 minutes ago, Xill said:

But they cant invest and hold in XRP as i understood from MGI CEO. Maybe they are also afraid because we lack of regulations and it's a risk for them.

I think they will hold when regulations are set. 

Money Gram holding XRP is very different than Venture Capital investors holding XRP.  Nothing is stopping a venture fund from holding XRP.  

5 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Thirdly, I think this Series C funding was, in many ways, a "Middle Finger" to the many Ripple/XRP doubters/haters.

I kinda see it as a middle finger for XRP holders.