Sign in to follow this  
baggy23

2020: The Year of the Digital Asset

1 hour ago, baggy23 said:

Did you notice that this "Crypto Pump" is now just "Crypto Push"? Also the "boost" was changed to "breakthrough". Why wording is so important for Ripple in this part of the article? The rest of the text remained unchanged.

Initial version 

fghgfhgfhgfh1111111.jpg.ce4e95f05aa24a90213fb90f01e40555.jpg

https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=pump+site%3ahttps%3a%2f%2fripple.com%2finsights%2f2020-the-year-of-the-digital-asset%2f&d=2736471295771&mkt=ru-RU&setlang=ru-RU&w=_ig_d_N9I6q6aO1BV3RJ9ow5Cr4QoxiC

New version

dgffdgdfg.jpg.208fc4ab9ed82b1a3fe51faf111ab5f0.jpg

Edited by MrX

27 minutes ago, MrX said:

Did you notice that this "Crypto Pump" is now just "Crypto Push"? Also the "boost" was changed to "breakthrough". Why wording is so important for Ripple in this part of the article? The rest of the text remained unchanged.

Nicely spotted. Likely because they don't want to be seen to be pumping the market / showing interest/excitement in the value of XRP. I am in favour of their edits, sounds like they are more external and not using dramatic words like "pump". 

I remember reading basically that same article in Dec 2017 except it was titled “2018; the year of crypto”

I was surprised to see it refreshed and recycled in Dec of 2018 with the title changed to “2019; the year of Crypto”

Now It is back again, With a new title, however the only surprise this time is that folks still believe.

I see XRP is now holding below $.20  Anyone buying? RL still has close to 50BILLION free tokens to unload and Mr. Garlinghouse needs a new Lambo, seems he grew tired of his red one.

XRP has shown that massive centralization is not a bad thing, at least for some.

2 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

I remember reading basically that same article in Dec 2017 except it was titled “2018; the year of crypto”

I was surprised to see it refreshed and recycled in Dec of 2018 with the title changed to “2019; the year of Crypto”

Now It is back again, With a new title, however the only surprise this time is that folks still believe.

I see XRP is now holding below $.20  Anyone buying? RL still has close to 50BILLION free tokens to unload and Mr. Garlinghouse needs a new Lambo, seems he grew tired of his red one.

XRP has shown that massive centralization is not a bad thing, at least for some.

As a Cleveland Browns fan, the "This is the year!" rhetoric feels all too familiar.

56 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

2018 was going to be great too, we all know what happened next...

It was a great year, in fact.  Ripple accomplished more to build out the financial plumbing necessary for mass adoption of digital assets in 2018 and 2019 than in all the years 2013-2017 combined.  They more than doubled their sales and engineering teams and have more than doubled their signed paying customers.  In this time they have streamlined their product suite to make it significantly easier for heavily regulated institutions to use XRP if they aren't able to hold it.  The current price of XRP is a distraction.  I remember watching a conference late last year with I believe it was Ashish Birla who said that in a bear market the team gets more accomplished due to fewer distractions.  It's unrealistic to think that XRP will reach our goals on speculation alone, let alone being loosely tied to BTC.  It's great to see continued interest and usage in XRP with institutional clientele which will establish full scale utility in the coming years.  Sure, in Nov 2017 I would have guessed XRP will see global adoption by 2023 and today I estimate closer to 2024 and maybe 2025 for the more lucrative use cases such as trade finance.  Has this bear market and falling price contributed to that delay.... NOPE!  Its more to do with delayed regulation and custody.   I think its worth mentioning again, the current price of xrp is a distraction.  If BTC fell off a cliff tomorrow with a 51% attack bringing XRP down with it to .05 it still wouldn't change my expected scope of adoption, I'd just buy more XRP.  If you and @Valhalla_Guy think this is a bonehead move I am perfectly ok with that.  I'm positioning myself long-term for a big win and am just trying to build a sizable stack.  

6 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Buy low sell high.

I was selling, but now I'm buying again. If .18 doesn't hold, I'm selling.

Glad XRP is not my only crypto bet, at the moment. Doesn't mean it'll stay down forever, or that it'll go to zero. It goes where it goes, and  it pays to pay attention.

Sounds like Ripple thinks the Volcker Rule changes might matter...and they might. We'll soon see.

Edited by dr_ed

On 12/20/2019 at 4:37 AM, baggy23 said:

CEO Brad Garlinghouse is even bolder, predicting that half of the top 20 biggest banks in the world will actively hold and trade digital assets in 2020. He is also one of many on the team that believes fiat currencies will go digital in the next year. 

There are numerous digital asset initiatives coming up in the near future that will impact the big banks, like the J.P. Morgan digital coin.  People need to remember majority these other digital assets will not directly utilize or impact XRP.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:42 PM, Archbob said:

The Garlinghouse prediction is less Bold than the one he made over a year ago. That prediction was that in 2019, Dozens of bank would directly use XRP.

It was never a prediction. He said he’d hope that dozens of banks would use XRP.

On 12/29/2019 at 4:19 AM, karstnDE said:

It was never a prediction. He said he’d hope that dozens of banks would use XRP.

He preceded that statement with "I have every confidence that Banks will use XRP by the end of  2018".

Edited by Archbob