Cryptotative easing

Maybe this is a crazy idea, but Ripple have been selling XRP to build the business and that's great, but in this time of need maybe they could reverse the flow and commit to buy lets say $20 million a month for the next 12 months?  Thats what the central banks do to build confidence, they buy their country's own bonds.  It is called Quantitative Easing and it has pushed up bond prices enormously... this stuff works!  Sell high, buy low Ripple, and help drag us out of this hole we are in!  There's a lot of dry powder ready to follow you on the way up!

There is absolutely no reason for them to do 'buy back' - the only thing buy backs do is artificially pump up XRP and the only people that benefit from short term gimmicks are short term traders. I never bought XRP for short term gains of 30-100%. I think if we want XRP to 10x, who knows maybe even 100x in price Ripple the company needs to use the funds they earned from selling XRP to do more business development and increase the number of daily institutional transactions. I think that's exactly what they're doing. We need more liquidity, let liquidity from use cases actually drive up the price of XRP. That way we will all benefit.

We can't compare companies trading on the stock market to crypto companies. Crypto companies, and traders don't have a regulatory body looking over them, they can practically do anything they wont. That's why so many of these companies with no real use cases exist like Tron. Their CEO is the king of Gimmicks. When you're building a real company like the guys at Ripple are you don't need any gimmicks. You just need customers that use the tools you build.

Edited by pnsh
typo
8 hours ago, pnsh said:

the only thing buy backs do is artificially pump up XRP and the only people that benefit from short term gimmicks are short term traders.

Anykind of pump would be nice. A pump based on purchases by Ripple will be a lot more real than a Swell hype pump. Oh that didn’t happen this year did it?

seriously though, a purchase by Ripple would show their confidence in the asset.

3 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

Anykind of pump would be nice. A pump based on purchases by Ripple will be a lot more real than a Swell hype pump. Oh that didn’t happen this year did it?

seriously though, a purchase by Ripple would show their confidence in the asset.

I disagree. Buybacks are done my desperate mature companies looking to attract investors. Ripple is neither desperate, or mature. I think using the funds to build out a company is much more valuable for XRPs prices. Increasing utility > buybacks 

Ripple won't do a buyback.

If they got desperate enough and were to do anything I'd say look towards XLM and their 50% burn of their entire supply. (Technically how their escrow works Ripple wouldn't be able to do this even if they wanted to) Ripple is nowhere near ready to do this either. They even mocked the thought when XLM did it. Also, how did that work out for XLM? They got a small bump from around .06 and .07 to .08 and .09 and then this bear run they're back down to .04.

Somehow I suspect Ripple won't be doing a buyback or a burn anytime soon. Also, either tactic would force them to admit that they're not decentralized, which they won't do.

Edited by GrumpyHodler

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.