• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone  Price must be bad as I’m getting tagged by all my FUD Patrol friends all over the place. I guess I deserve a few posts against me. I honestly thought we’d be between $10 and $2

Well hello to you too.. You don’t know me. So why do you profess to? I bought in before the Dec 2017 run and bought all the way up and also all the way down.  Check my history in here and my posts.

"It's not a loss until you sell!"  I swear to god people in crypto have the stupidest belief system and logic when it comes to investing and that is why it is really bad to listen to any advice on thi

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Well hello to you too.. You don’t know me. So why do you profess to? I bought in before the Dec 2017 run and bought all the way up and also all the way down. 

Check my history in here and my posts. It all matches. Not that I have to justify myself to you.

And don’t tell me how to behave. I am optimistic and still am. Do more than 5 minutes research and you would be too. 

Congratulations to anyone who thinks XRP is doomed and has been professing it for years. That’s not me. I’m here, I’m holding. One of us will be right and only time will tell. 

Time is telling. 2 years ago Brad said judge us in 3 to 5 years. We are nearly there. But I will reserve final udgement till then.

6 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Well hello to you too.. You don’t know me. So why do you profess to? I bought in before the Dec 2017 run and bought all the way up and also all the way down. 

Check my history in here and my posts. It all matches. Not that I have to justify myself to you.

And don’t tell me how to behave. I am optimistic and still am. Do more than 5 minutes research and you would be too. 

Congratulations to anyone who thinks XRP is doomed and has been professing it for years. That’s not me. I’m here, I’m holding. One of us will be right and only time will tell. 

I have to admit Ripplewaytogo's answer is quite salty, i also bought in 2017 and i am still optimistic, altough some serious loss on paper due the higher buys.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:52 AM, ButchMcDick said:

some serious loss on paper

exactly....it's not a real loss until one makes it so. 

A lot of us can say that we've got some serious loss on paper (I'm one) but I'm going to review my options again by say around 2025.  If it's a loss then perhaps its a loss or I see the need to wait longer.  I'm not scraping my opportunity perceiving I know the future today.  I am still very optimistic based on all the progress I see going on the space. I have the feeling that if and when this thing goes up there will be lots of scraping going on trying to get in while its going up.  Anyone trying to get in to crypto in late 2017 can relate. 

For me, taking a guaranteed loss today only to then see it rise to a profitable position - what ever that value is - is far worse for me than seeing this going down to zero.  Confirming a loss today, especially if one is heavily invested, is just not something I can do. But each person is different. To each his or her own.

1 hour ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

exactly....it's not a real loss until one makes it so. 

A lot of us can say that we've got some serious loss on paper (I'm one) but I'm going to review my options again by say around 2025.  If it's a loss then perhaps its a loss or I see the need to wait longer. 

"It's not a loss until you sell!"  I swear to god people in crypto have the stupidest belief system and logic when it comes to investing and that is why it is really bad to listen to any advice on this here or any crypto boards.  Warren Buffet doesn't say, it's not a profit until I sell.  This belief that it's not a loss until you sell is usually a sign you're chasing sunk cost and are delusional that you really haven't lost anything yet.   A stocks value is a stocks value.  If I bought Amazon stock in 2006 for $45 and now it's worth $1,700, the value is $1,700.  You don't say it's not a gain until I sell.  If I bought MoneyGram stock in 2006 for $245 and now it's worth $2.50 the value is $2.45.  My $242.50 is gone! I don't say "it's not a loss until I sell."

58 minutes ago, fatlever said:

"It's not a loss until you sell!"  I swear to god people in crypto have the stupidest belief system and logic when it comes to investing and that is why it is really bad to listen to any advice on this here or any crypto boards.  Warren Buffet doesn't say, it's not a profit until I sell.  This belief that it's not a loss until you sell is usually a sign you're chasing sunk cost and are delusional that you really haven't lost anything yet.   A stocks value is a stocks value.  If I bought Amazon stock in 2006 for $45 and now it's worth $1,700, the value is $1,700.  You don't say it's not a gain until I sell.  If I bought MoneyGram stock in 2006 for $245 and now it's worth $2.50 the value is $2.45.  My $242.50 is gone! I don't say "it's not a loss until I sell."

The stock market itself is delusional. The USD is delusional. This is the definition of a Bubble. Tell me why they print billions of billions of USD?

You should watch this video. Not to make you trust in XRP but to make you see the current system:

This investment is about the FUNDAMENTALS. We have a liquidity problem world wide. The USD as SDR is fkin bad for the world. The world needs a new SDR Which will have LIQUIDITY and TRUST. 

All of us who invested in XRP are gamblers. This could be the next SDR and this couldn't be. For now, it's being built this way and that's why i HODL and buy at those prices. The price reflects the blindness of the public to the problem and to the solution. (Again, you should watch this video which provides evidence.)

A presentation to the World Bank:
1566146282_maxresdefault-1200x480.jpg
http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/144861476811899655/Session-4-Stefan-Carlsson-Digital-Fiat-Currency-DFC.pdf

They are talking about it. XRP might be a solution. Now, liquidity is needed.

Edited by Xill
2 hours ago, Xill said:

All of us who invested in XRP are gamblers.

While I do very much agree with your analysis, I think the term “speculators” is perhaps a little more accurate descriptor.

A gambler seems more willing to take risk simply on chance and or odds. 
A speculator seems more willing to take risk by forming a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

You provide two such pieces of evidence above that supports why you are willing to take risk. Is it firm evidence?
Some may argue that it’s not but, it is perhaps, a small amount of evidence that helps you in forming a theory of a positive outcome. I see the value in your support.

I’m fine being considered either gambler or speculator but see myself as more of a speculator. I’m speculating that the value of digital assets at the end of the next decade will be much greater than they are today based on all the new evidence I continually see. Time will tell if my conjecture is accurate; not anyone shouting in this forum today.