XRPto50dollars

how's everyone feeling / end of year?

I'm bullish long term but expecting XRP to continue to be affected by the BTC mini-capitulation in progress. I am content to be invested in other projects for the most part until I see a sign that XRP is reversing........

I expect those who accumulate XRP and BTC at these levels will make fantastic returns when the crypto market turns (in the case of BTC) and when the current impediments to adoption are removed (in the case of XRP).

I bought some XRP last night for .20...but I'm quite willing to trade it until we see a positive trend start...which could happen anytime, or months from now, or even a year or two. I doubt it will take that long and I consider the current signs of increasing XRP utilization as a leading indicator for price appreciation.

Edited by dr_ed

I don't like lower prices ofcourse, but I had 15-20 cents in mind as the turning point so still on schedule. Not scared, just would like the 2017 feeling in my vains again. Those were the times man!

No matter how low the market will be pushed, I am fully convinced it turns around when the blood dries up. Whales like making money, they cannot do that to the fullest in a forever wrecked market. But until then it's just about selecting new DCA points and accumulate while majority of the world completely forgot about the cryptomarket.

Waiting to see real volume pushed through the open corridors. It’s awesome to see it ramp up (and rather quickly) but it is still peanuts. 

Also still think Polysign has a hand to play in this (custody), they’ve been too quiet for too long so I will wait for updates from them.

I'm fine.  I didn't expect rockets to the moon by this time.  I think we'll see really good stuff in the coming decade so while I seem to continually be buying "into the dip", I'm OK with whats going. It's my belief that say, five years from now at the end of 2024, the value of XRP will be much higher than we see today and have seen to date.  What that number will be is anybody's wild a$$ guess but I think it will be significant.  It's hard to imagine today because utility based value for crypto doesn't yet exist.

In good festive mood. :Laie_16:

A bit sad that i had to buy a new car with my christmas bonus. I wanted to buy the last chunk to get to the goal i had back in 16/17. But im not far off. So, whatever.

We are getting momentum and ripple is making progress. If this will translate in higher xrp prices will be defined in the next years in my opinion.

It was a high risk investment from the beginning and i made my peace with the thougth of loosing the invested money. But im still a bit off my exit price, in both directions. 

I pulled out of all crypto assetes in Feb 18. Except XRP. To be honest it's the only better mousetrap i see in this space with a prefessional aproach. But then again, there are plently of good ideas and people that got burried in the past. We'll see where this ride goes. 

Edited by TheyLive

I like the two quotes @EDadoun tweeted:

From Eric Dadoun :

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet”
-Aristotle

“Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in your mind.”
-David G. Allen

#LongGame

As for my own thoughts...

I was told the Internet would be a passing fad.

Early on, Amazon had a rocky start, yet Netscape turned out to be a shooting star. 

There is NO WAY crypto, digital assets, blockchain, DLT, is going away.

Money (aka "value") is one of the last things to go digital, and it could not happen until a critical mass of the global population all had smart phones with Internet connectivity.

All the different digital tokens either have viable use cases, or they will die off. What is left, will require interconnectivity. So far, I've seen no competitor to XRP for serving as the global interexchange facilitator. And ODL is slowly spinning up like a flywheel, no one will be able to catch up to it, much less surpass it.

"Value yearns to be frictionless."
-JAS :)

9 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

I like the two quotes @EDadoun tweeted:

From Eric Dadoun :

As for my own thoughts...

I was told the Internet would be a passing fad.

Early on, Amazon had a rocky start, yet Netscape turned out to be a shooting star. 

There is NO WAY crypto, digital assets, blockchain, DLT, is going away.

Money (aka "value") is one of the last things to go digital, and it could not happen until a critical mass of the global population all had smart phones with Internet connectivity.

All the different digital tokens either have viable use cases, or they will die off. What is left, will require interconnectivity. So far, I've seen no competitor to XRP for serving as the global interexchange facilitator. And ODL is slowly spinning up like a flywheel, no one will be able to catch up to it, much less surpass it.

"Value yearns to be frictionless."
-JAS :)

My thoughts exactly. Think digital Telecoms against analogue Telecoms

Think analogue Money against digital money - and think we are at the birth of this natural progression.

The revolution is every bit as big as the invention of the internet, and Ripple are building both the protocol of the IoV and providing the inter currency bridging asset.

Competition - I see no one other than Ripple/XRP even trying to provide ODL which must be the central processing unit of any IoV.

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Competition - I see no one other than Ripple/XRP even trying to provide ODL which must be the central processing unit of any IoV.

I'm fully expecting that the underlying core of ODL, and its global deployment and maturation, will near seamlessly expand to adoption for FX usage, as it will be a no-brainer for that use case - as essentially that's a sub-set of the remittance services. IMO Ripple went there first mainly because it's more concentrated in established corridors with a more concentrated base of users.

I suspect Ripple and other stakeholders have been planning for that next step long ago, and already have the wheels in motion. 

The FX bidness is even bigger than remittances - and whom will there be to copy, "embrace and extend" the Ripple's technique to compete with them ?

Ripple's head start here is poster child for First Mover advantage, even more than Ebay and Paypal had...

4 hours ago, Milly238 said:

I am absolutely loving it.  This is how the forum acted before the bullrun in 2017.  Insane amounts of despair, trolls, and negativity.   Gives me hope and it should all turn around soon!

if it drops lower I’m perfectly fine with it, actually I couldn’t care less.  I’m not staring at the price and sweating over 1c drops. I’m in it for the long term.  

everything is down from previous ATH’s... normal stuff and nothing to worry about. This is how the weak hands are shaken out.  

Not everyone can be rich.

Thanks for referencing the past, I wasn’t around then. This feels like it was supposed to happen when looking at it from a bird’s eye view. Such price increases happening by now would had made it too good to be true. Anything can happen at anytime.

2 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

I'm fully expecting that the underlying core of ODL, and its global deployment and maturation, will near seamlessly expand to adoption for FX usage, as it will be a no-brainer for that use case - as essentially that's a sub-set of the remittance services. IMO Ripple went there first mainly because it's more concentrated in established corridors with a more concentrated base of users.

I suspect Ripple and other stakeholders have been planning for that next step long ago, and already have the wheels in motion. 

The FX bidness is even bigger than remittances - and whom will there be to copy, "embrace and extend" the Ripple's technique to compete with them ?

Ripple's head start here is poster child for First Mover advantage, even more than Ebay and Paypal had...

Spot on - money is now global and the bridging asset thing just take central position in money of the future.  When you see it you cannot see how it can work without a DA.  

There is nothing bigger than being at the centre of transaction of money, and XRP is positioned to be at the centre every time it has to cross a border.