secret key gatehub?

kiwissz

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Rchopra said:

I m sorry to ask this stupif question but whats the difference in secret key found in gatehub with method above and recovery key..?

The recovery key is specific to gatehub and allows you to recover access to your gatehub account. The secret key is part of the Ripper protocol. Every cryptocurrency uses private and public keys. The private key allows you to control your cryptocurrency account and sign transactions. Whoever has this key has complete access to your funds. 

you mentioned a "word seed".  I don't believe I've ever gotten that and I'm abut to fund my coinbase account to purchase bitcoin and send to my gatehub acct to be turned into xrp.  Will I be given the secret key/word seed at some point or have I missed something.  I think I only have my gatehub recovery key and my ripple address.  I definfinelty dont have a secret key/wordcloud.  Where do i find/create this?  I need to know asap, so if anyone else knows the answer please do let me know.  Looking to go live by tomorrow morning.  Thanks for the help!

I just found my secret key but definitely don't have a word seed.  I've read that I will need this and that's it's very important.  Have I made a horrible error by not recording it somehow?  I just don't ever remember seeing a word seed at any point when creating my account on gatehub.  Please someone tell me there's some good news....

All you need is the alphanumeric Ripple private/secret key that starts with a lowercase "s". You don't need the word seed. Make sure you write down the secret key and do not share this or expose it to the internet. You can import the secret key into a Ripple wallet to regenerate the public address. You have full control over your account with the private key.