A question to all of the investors

2 hours ago, Xill said:

It can work with XRP worth 0.001$.

WE the investors just allowed them to fund their company and build the connections. Yet we might be left with nothing in our hand, just depression and angryness

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Well I disagree, with XRP @ 0.001$ and current available supply if one bank would like to transfer 43mln they would need all the XRP available in the world. So even the ones you and I hold.

With XRP @ $ 1,00 there currently would be 42bln dollars available total. Even with some transactions taking only seconds those XRP cant be at the same place at the same time.

For now it would be fine with only a couple of small remittance companies using it. But if SBI, as pdf's showed, wants to implement it into the FX market in the coming years for fast transfers your done. And that's just SBI.

Whether those things come to fruition can be debated, but the plans they have need a much higher value. I hope those plans come true.

Now we have 43 bln in the market:

https://www.coingecko.com/de/munze/ripple

Ripple states it takes 4 seconds to transfer money using xrp and ripple protocol.

https://ripple.com/xrp/

at current price 0,197$ they could handle 8.47 bln dollar each 4 seconds. So in 24 hrs it makes 8.47bln*24*3600/4= 182952 lbn daily

this is 183 trillion dollar daily. Let's now assume the transfer is carried out only during working hrs: this reduces to 8 hrs daily and thus to

1/3 of the previous amount: 183/3 = 61 trilllion dollars daily

Swift handles 5 trillion daily: at current price xrp is able to handle 12,2 times that of swift.

Am I wrong? (I hope I am!)

I must correct something: ripple the company ows 9 bln plus those im ESCROWs (let's ignore them).

By considering only the 9bln they have, this can still handle  12.764 trillions $ daily that is still more than double the amont moved by swift.

Edited by JJJ2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything you state could be true. It would be an elaborate scheme with all offices opened and connections they have with the financial world (sitting at the table with Christine Lagarde), but if the

I think the XRP price is disappointing to everyone, including Ripple. Most people would have thought the price of XRP would have been higher by now but we're all wrong. People, earlier this

Just for the fun of it, go back on this forum to october/november 2017. It's an exact copy of the current threads sentiment wise. I'm sorry, but your current misery brings me nothing but hope  (Las

42 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

Now we have 43 bln in the market:

https://www.coingecko.com/de/munze/ripple

Ripple states it takes 4 seconds to transfer money using xrp and ripple protocol.

https://ripple.com/xrp/

at current price 0,197$ they could handle 8.47 bln dollar each 4 seconds. So in 24 hrs it makes 8.47bln*24*3600/4= 182952 lbn daily

this is 183 trillion dollar daily. Let's now assume the transfer is carried out only during working hrs: this reduces to 8 hrs daily and thus to

1/3 of the previous amount: 183/3 = 61 trilllion dollars daily

Swift handles 5 trillion daily: at current price xrp is able to handle 12,2 times that of swift.

Am I wrong? (I hope I am!)

I must correct something: ripple the company ows 9 bln plus those im ESCROWs (let's ignore them).

By considering only the 9bln they have, this can still handle  12.764 trillions $ daily that is still more than double the amont moved by swift.

In a perfect system if every XRP is available and could be used constantly adding that up you are correct probably. It's just not as perfect as that and does not take speculation into the equation where people hold for profits. Not all are available, not all are on the same exchanges, not all are immediately available after 4 seconds to be used in a next transfer, not all order books are constantly in balance. It's a big world you know, and the same XRP cannot exist in two places at once.

I think it is impossible to do the math. There were models made by some people from Ripple where you could put in variables to come to a needed price. And even with those models I wonder if it would be the perfect math.

/Edit: Multiple orderbooks on multiple exchanges need to be funded with enough liquidity to make all the corridors work. It's not one pool in one spot where all XRP's lay down waiting to be used. It's sort of like prefunded nostro's but then with XRP's of Market Makers and everyone around the world willing to sell at that moment.

Edited by Caracappa

Xrp is already being used in the real world. Moneygram is no small company. At this moment I have 0 doubt about the future of xrp. The price is controlled by whales right now and nothing more. The days of utility-driven price will come. Only patience is needed and it's not easy in this moment but there is nothing else what we can do. Stay strong

Despite the break-in, I am actually relatively relaxed, because nothing has changed in the fundamentals.

What actually happened? Only 6 bad months have passed since the $0.50 in summer. Of course that's annoying, of course nobody wants Crypto at the moment, but that's why Ripple, XRP or the whole Space is suddenly worth nothing anymore?

There are mountains and valleys, moods and feelings.
If we now have 0.03 Cent for 3 years I start to doubt, but because of 6 bad months? plz.

A Bitcoin Bullrun and the media are back. All those who burned their fingers in 2018 will be greedy again, all those who missed January 2018 want to be there this time.

What we need is a trigger moment - a Fukushima, a Greta Thunberg, a "good" "9/11".

I think Bitcoin must reach the 13-15k, then the media come, then the casuals come, then the money comes, then the gold rush starts again - when XRP then shrugs again from 0.15 to 0.35, everyone goes crazy. I will be there and can hardly expect it.

Until then I can wait - if it must be until 2030. And if nothing happens, then it is just like that. Annoying, but I see XRP not as a vital investment, but as a bet on something big. The odds are 50/50

6 hours ago, Xill said:

Faith in humanity restored! jesus thank you (no joke). I Do believe they will solve the money transfering problem and will be the next gen SWIFT.

Lets say they take 10% of all the money transfers in the world. What is the price of XRP needed? Can you calculate it?

Once again thank you. I already lost hope

The math is fairly simple but, SWIFT isn't the only company moving money globally.  Inside the USA we use CHIPS, not SWIFT.

As of this year, SWIFT moves approximately 5 Trillion per day, CHIPS moves ~1.2T, rack up another 1T for other Countries and various negligible companies like VISA and others at $300B;

7.5T = 7,500,000,000,000

Max XRP supply = 100,000,000,000

If XRP replaces all of them behind the scenes  = 7.5T / 100B = $75 USD.

Since "half" of XRP is available currently, the math changes to; 7.5T / 50B = $150 USD.

10% of this is 15.00 USD per XRP.

1% would be 1.50 USD per XRP.

0.1% is 0.15 USD per XRP

If "half" of the "available" XRP is being held by long term holders, the figures above would double ($300 / $30 / $3 / $0.30).

Each year global transactions increase by 7-10%, so by 2030 the values above would all double again.

Absolutely none of the above takes into account burned XRP or institutional investments which could easily take the available supply and drop it in half again.

There are some idea that other financial assets and instruments beyond currency could be involved with XRP, but the math gets confusing fast and makes many false assumptions that cannot be calculated.

3 minutes ago, WhtSno said:

The math is fairly simple but, SWIFT isn't the only company moving money globally.  Inside the USA we use CHIPS, not SWIFT.

As of this year, SWIFT moves approximately 5 Trillion per day, CHIPS moves ~1.2T, rack up another 1T for other Countries and various negligible companies like VISA and others at $300B;

7.5T = 7,500,000,000,000

Since "half" of XRP is available currently, the math changes to; 7.5T / 50B = $150 USD.

0.1% is 0.15 USD per XRP

If "half" of the "available" XRP is being held by long term holders, the figures above would double ($300 / $30 / $3 / $0.30).

Each year global transactions increase by 7-10%, so by 2030 the values above would all double again.

Absolutely none of the above takes into account burned XRP or institutional investments which could easily take the available supply and drop it in half again.

There are some idea that other financial assets and instruments beyond currency could be involved with XRP, but the math gets confusing fast and makes many false assumptions that cannot be calculated.

DAMNNNNNNNNNN! I need to buy more

I fully trust on Ripple the company and now you made me smile! thank you

1 minute ago, WhtSno said:

7.5T = 7,500,000,000,000

0.1% is 0.15 USD per XRP

Yet that is also half of the equation. It does not take into account the same XRP can be used multiple times a day, so the marketcap of XRP does not have to match the daily volume.

How many times it can be used (it's not 24hrs*60minutes*15x per minute) is the tough variable. It's about having liquid orderbooks on multiple exchanges around the world. It's about the market wanting to sell at price X, it's about rebalancing orderbooks and so many other variables like speculation.

That's why I think only real usage on higher volume then the couple of million a day now can proof what XRP can become worth.

Just now, Caracappa said:

Yet that is also half of the equation. It does not take into account the same XRP can be used multiple times a day, so the marketcap of XRP does not have to match the daily volume.

How many times it can be used (it's not 24hrs*60minutes*15x per minute) is the tough variable. It's about having liquid orderbooks on multiple exchanges around the world. It's about the market wanting to sell at price X, it's about rebalancing orderbooks and so many other variables like speculation.

That's why I think only real usage on higher volume then the couple of million a day now can proof what XRP can become worth.

Actually, I did calculate it.  You missed the line about institutional investment or dismissed it completely.