A question to all of the investors

Xill

XRP can have huge liquidity even at 0.001 cents. This means ODL can work at that price. What makes it a good investment? Maybe we are all wrong and got shilled by ripple members and meanwhile they cashed out mostly for ripple the company and part of it for their pockets?

I mean, the only reason for price to go up is if it's a store of value such as gold..

That said im never selling.. yet im angry

Am I wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------

Caracappa:

Well I disagree, with XRP @ 0.001$ and current available supply if one bank would like to transfer 43mln they would need all the XRP available in the world. So even the ones you and I hold.

With XRP @ $ 1,00 there currently would be 42bln dollars available total. Even with some transactions taking only seconds those XRP cant be at the same place at the same time.

WhtSno:

The math is fairly simple but, SWIFT isn't the only company moving money globally.  Inside the USA we use CHIPS, not SWIFT.

As of this year, SWIFT moves approximately 5 Trillion per day, CHIPS moves ~1.2T, rack up another 1T for other Countries and various negligible companies like VISA and others at $300B;

7.5T = 7,500,000,000,000

Max XRP supply = 100,000,000,000

If XRP replaces all of them behind the scenes  = 7.5T / 100B = $75 USD.

Since "half" of XRP is available currently, the math changes to; 7.5T / 50B = $150 USD.

10% of this is 15.00 USD per XRP.

1% would be 1.50 USD per XRP.

0.1% is 0.15 USD per XRP

If "half" of the "available" XRP is being held by long term holders, the figures above would double ($300 / $30 / $3 / $0.30).

Each year global transactions increase by 7-10%, so by 2030 the values above would all double again.

Absolutely none of the above takes into account burned XRP or institutional investments which could easily take the available supply and drop it in half again.

There are some idea that other financial assets and instruments beyond currency could be involved with XRP, but the math gets confusing fast and makes many false assumptions that cannot be calculated.

Edited by Xill

As hard and as frustrating this can be to accept.

Ripple owes us nothing. 

They never promised us anything. 

We did not fund them. (not directly anyway)

They have never guaranteed us price will go up. 

What is the point in getting angry, it will not change anything. I'm so fed up with my XRP freedom ticket lol. I go on pilgrimage to mecca tomorrow. I'll do some prayers for XRP.

Peace out. 

4 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

As hard and as frustrating this can be to accept.

Ripple owes us nothing. 

They never promised us anything. 

We did not fund them. (not directly anyway)

They have never guaranteed us price will go up. 

What is the point in getting angry, it will not change anything. I'm so fed up with my XRP freedom ticket lol. I go on pilgrimage to mecca tomorrow. I'll do some prayers for XRP.

Peace out. 

Thats the art of this ponzi scam (if it is going to operate at 0.001$)

Thank you David, Jed, And Brad. You fooled us all but yet you owe us nothing. PERFECT. Amazing how dumb I am.

The modern wild west of the internet.

Edited by Xill

Everything you state could be true. It would be an elaborate scheme with all offices opened and connections they have with the financial world (sitting at the table with Christine Lagarde), but if there is a lot of money to make people go far in creating illusions.

Only thing I'm picking up is there is finally a full panic in the market, and even some capitulation. That phase is really needed before a reversal. I hope this is the sign for it. I understand being in the red gives stress, and for me it's easy talking taking out my initial investment back in 2017. There is a reason only a few make gains investing in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter. Let's hope we are the few, I for once know the rest of the world is currently far from interested in investing in Crypto right now. 

1 minute ago, Caracappa said:

Everything you state could be true. It would be an elaborate scheme with all offices opened and connections they have with the financial world (sitting at the table with Christine Lagarde), but if there is a lot of money to make people go far in creating illusions.

Only thing I'm picking up is there is finally a full panic in the market, and even some capitulation. That phase is really needed before a reversal. I hope this is the sign for it. I understand being in the red gives stress, and for me it's easy talking taking out my initial investment back in 2017. There is a reason only a few make gains investing in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter. Let's hope we are the few, I for once know the rest of the world is currently far from interested in investing in Crypto right now. 

They still can solve the problems they want to solve, thats why they opened all the offices and have conncections.. It can work with XRP worth 0.001$.

WE the investors just allowed them to fund their company and build the connections. Yet we might be left with nothing in our hand, just depression and angryness

10 minutes ago, Xill said:

They still can solve the problems they want to solve, thats why they opened all the offices and have conncections.. It can work with XRP worth 0.001$.

WE the investors just allowed them to fund their company and build the connections. Yet we might be left with nothing in our hand, just depression and angryness

I do wonder if they are on this forum with their fake accounts laughing at the lot of us.

Well I disagree, with XRP @ 0.001$ and current available supply if one bank would like to transfer 43mln they would need all the XRP available in the world. So even the ones you and I hold.

With XRP @ $ 1,00 there currently would be 42bln dollars available total. Even with some transactions taking only seconds those XRP cant be at the same place at the same time.

For now it would be fine with only a couple of small remittance companies using it. But if SBI, as pdf's showed, wants to implement it into the FX market in the coming years for fast transfers your done. And that's just SBI.

Whether those things come to fruition can be debated, but the plans they have need a much higher value. I hope those plans come true.

For now it would be fine with only a couple of small remittance companies using it. But if SBI, as pdf's showed, wants to implement it into the FX market in the coming years for fast transfers your done. And that's just SBI.

Whether those things come to fruition can be debated, but the plans they have need a much higher value. I hope those plans come true.

Faith in humanity restored! jesus thank you (no joke). I Do believe they will solve the money transfering problem and will be the next gen SWIFT.

Lets say they take 10% of all the money transfers in the world. What is the price of XRP needed? Can you calculate it?

Once again thank you. I already lost hope

6 minutes ago, KevClem said:

Ripple sold everyone a solution to a problem that never really existed in the first place.

If you think there is no problem in the current world of finance that realtime settlements can't assist in were done, and you just proved your just here for the trolling. If you would debate whether it could be Ripple solving that problem, we could have a discussion.

But denying there is a problem means you did not listen to any of the IMF/ECB/Congressional hearings.

If you think there is no problem in the current world of finance that realtime settlements can't assist in were done, and you just proved your just here for the trolling. If you would debate whether it could be Ripple solving that problem, we could have a discussion.

But denying there is a problem means you did not listen to any of the IMF/ECB/Congressional hearings.

Realtime payments and settlements are already happening without ripple or xrp.

I think the XRP price is disappointing to everyone, including Ripple.

Most people would have thought the price of XRP would have been higher by now but we're all wrong.

People, earlier this year, beat the hell out of Ripple about the amount they were selling. Ripple has reduced their sales and yet the price continues to go down.

I think everyone is just grabbing at straws and guessing the reason for the falling price and nobody really knows.

The only logical explanation is that there is not nearly enough demand to hold XRP as everyone thought.

Having said that, everyone is free to sell and/or hold as they please.

XRP is not a golden ticket.

I'm at my maximum risk amount and will not be buying anymore. I'll only sell from now on as I decide the time is right.

Just now, KevClem said:

Realtime payments and settlements are already happening without ripple or xrp.

Inside the EU they made massive progress with the Target2 but it is still far from the ideal system. Works fine between big banks and big transfers. Yet it is still pretty closed and only for the big guys via the 'central bank money'. Try getting your euro of the continent. Did you know Target2 is closed in the weekends?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARGET2