Toroth

Good luck to you all

On 12/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, mrhat75 said:

ODL is going, volume is ramping up, and more corridors are lighting up, just as they said.  Maybe not on the most optimistic timeline, but it is happening.  The point of investing in a speculative asset is to make massive gains.  I think if you're too worried now and would rather recoup whatever measly 4 figure investment that you put in instead of waiting to see how adoption goes, then you probably shouldn't have ever gotten into this type of investment in the first place.  I completely disagree with you that things look grimmer now than 2 years ago.  Of course everything can go to zero, that isn't some novel idea that we weren't aware of.

What makes you so sure that "more corridors opening and volume ramping up " will increase the price? 

It can perfectly well function with 0.5 cents xrp.

And with my measly 6 figure investment being just a measly 5 figure atm I wish you will be right.

12 minutes ago, Staigera said:

That’s nonsense.  If it were true then instead of having to slowly and steadily ramp up from a mere ten percent of one corridors volume for Moneygram,  Ripple would open all corridors at 100% now.  

How can you be here so long and not understand that?

Price is not the whole story in liquidity but it is certainly a very significant part.  

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

ramp up from a mere ten percent of one corridors volume for Moneygram,  Ripple would open all corridors at 100% now.

Okey, what price is minimal for xrp to function properly? 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s nonsense.  If it were true then instead of having to slowly and steadily ramp up from a mere ten percent of one corridors volume for Moneygram,  Ripple would open all corridors at 100% now.  

How can you be here so long and not understand that?

Price is not the whole story in liquidity but it is certainly a very significant part.  

Although I admittedly am likely missing something, I feel like the slow roll out is to learn and ensure market makers can provide enough liquidity through volume of tokens and that the markets grow smoothly. Not certain that the price needs to be all that high as long as the volume of tokens to trade is available. Hasn't Ripple said all along they don't care about price.

Just now, Staigera said:

How long is a piece of string?

You stated half a cent is fine,  I showed it isn’t.  I won’t be drawn into guessing what would be.  

We can say evidence shows current price is not sufficient.  Beyond that is just guessing.  

4 hours ago, Staigera said:

What makes you so sure that "more corridors opening and volume ramping up " will increase the price? 

IIRC DS wrote up a short post answering this, sorry I don't have link ready, I'll watch for it and post.

i think it goes like this...

At higher and higher ODL trading volumes, the more stabilized the global price will become. We're already seeing this with BS/Bitso's recent history.

The originating exchange is incentivized to buy XRP for its held reserves during price dips, thus reducing some supply. 

This process paradigm when scaled up soaks up an impactful portion of available supply, resulting in upwards pressure on price.

I wish I had the time and brains to game this out with simulated scenarios !  

Edited by JASCoder
Typo

1 hour ago, Zerpple said:

Hasn't Ripple said all along they don't care about price.

No they have said they are not focused on price while the build the basic infrastructure.  Quite a different thing than ‘don’t care about price’.

If it falls it reduces liquidity.  That is at the very least an annoyance as the try to ramp up liquidity.  

People often misquote and misunderstand what they are saying.  

On 12/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, Toroth said:

It's been a fun and interesting 3 years but i had to sell my remaining stack this past weekend. Not a day goes by that i don't regret not paying off some of my debt when i had the chance. I just never thought XRP would do a 100% retrace considering BTC and ETH did not. Still believe Ripple/XRP will succeed in the long run so i can only hope my finances are in order before it's too late. 

Until then, I wish you all the best and your dreams of fortune come true. 

Great. Posts like this make me ecstatic.

People like you were never meant to hold XRP in the first place. You guys were just looking for a get rich quick scheme. Go look elsewhere. 

Hopefully more people like you get wiped out soon. 

3 hours ago, Staigera said:

It's working like a charm at it's currently price. If they release the remaining 50 billion from escrow, it will continue to function at this price for decades.

9 minutes ago, KevClem said:

It's working like a charm at it's currently price. If they release the remaining 50 billion from escrow, it will continue to function at this price for decades.

Mate are you paid to post such tripe?  Or do you seriously believe the stuff you spout?

1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

Mate are you paid to post such tripe?  Or do you seriously believe the stuff you spout?

I believe it. We have seen the effect first hand. The volume in October alone was more than the entire volume of all 2018, and the price has actually kept decreasing.

So volume is ramping up, but price is not correlated at all with this

Edited by KevClem

Just now, KevClem said:

I believe it. We have seen the effect first hand. The volume in October alone was more than the entire volume of all 2018, and the price has actually kept decreasing.

Ok fair enough...  you are just unable to see the forrest.  You are not alone in that.  Now the next thing is to try and work out why you would be relentlessly posting how bad something is in a forum dedicated to that thing?  Do you just enjoy the aggro?

6 minutes ago, KevClem said:

They just started using corridors for a couple of months, couple of millions (a fraction of daily volume) trough it and you conclude that this is it. This should have brought the price up, it did not so it failed…

Really, try to put some effort in this man... You're just here for the attention.

Edited by Caracappa

4 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ok fair enough...  you are just unable to see the forrest.  You are not alone in that.  Now the next thing is to try and work out why you would be relentlessly posting how bad something is in a forum dedicated to that thing?  Do you just enjoy the aggro?

I am only posting what I currently perceive. Volume is increasing but price doing nothing. If you think what I am posting is bad, so be it, buts it's the current reality.

Until such time XRP price starts to correlate with volume, we have nothing. 

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I hope for most people here it does, as we all too well know the effects of when "investments" go wrong. People start jumping off bridges and start harming themselves with sharp objects.

Edited by KevClem

2 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

They just started using corridors for a couple of months, couple of millions (a fraction of daily volume) trough it and you conclude that this is it. This should have brought the price up, it did not so it failed…

Really, try to put some effort in this man... Your just here for the attention.

put effort into what ?