The one issue with XRP that keeps me up at night

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't intend to disagree with the overall sentiment of your statement.  My experience is that - by and large - things of significance do tend to get leaked.  I agree. I will just note here, how

I've been around technology for over 30 years. I know NDA's and have signed and created hundreds. I know the IT world and the personalities that live and breath IT. With this much publi

I experience the same attitude with all but two people I know. One is a good friend who only dabbled in LTC but has since lost his big interest and the other is my significant other and she’s a b

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I've been around technology for over 30 years.

I know NDA's and have signed and created hundreds.

I know the IT world and the personalities that live and breath IT.

With this much publicly revealed activity and strong hints from Ripple leadership on a bigger undisclosed list of users/customers.....

Why is there not more credible leaks of info? - TRUE STORY....this stuff can be kept under wraps for months even years,  but not forever....there seems to always be loose lips.....where are they?  These APPLE rumors if actually had some truth would leak just like there are always leaks around product launches, iPhones always seem to get photographed and detailed functionality made public.....where are the leakers?

And what about insiders at Bank of America's IT world.....???   

I know I will get bashed for this....but this is what concerns me...... We are not getting leaked validation on some of the great rumors.

Yes this seems to contradict "Rumor and no validation".....but how does something this big not get leaked to mainstream media with anonymous sources that puts the mainstream media comfortable with printing the news?? especially with the failed push by Facebook to enter the crypto world.

Even @Freaky works at Westpac but only hits at XRP/Ripples failure and non-use.

Do you know what was the best indicator for me? DS de-risking strategy. If one of the most important Ripple employees, insider, reduces his stack it means only one thing, in the short and medium term we can´t expect any significant increase of price.

Even the best NDA will not protect you from greed of insiders.

Edited by Spartaksus

I never pay attention to rumours.  There lies madness.  The real world has more than enough information, so much that I can no longer keep up.  If rumours are keeping you up at night perhaps it’s time to step away from watching for a while.

6 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Even @Freaky works at Westpac but only hits at XRP/Ripples failure and non-use.

Its clearly stated, XRP will not be used. 

"Westpac’s institutional bank, said the latest R3 tests are encouraging and the technology is working. But the use of blockchain for cross-border payments will not be adopted at scale until central banks issue digital versions of their own fiat currencies, he said. This would allow banks to transfer value on a distributed ledger using a currency backed by a central bank rather than having to rely on cryptocurrencies like Ripple’s XRP or bitcoin, which remain volatile.

“We would not want to use a cryptocurrency in real life as there is too much risk. We want something backed by reserve banks,” he said.

“If we had a currency created by the RBA – a digital Aussie dollar – that existed on a shared ledger, you don’t need the RBA in the middle saying it has credited one bank and debited another. The transaction is done between two banks directly. And we would only need to hold a fraction in digital currency of the millions of dollars held in nostro accounts all over the world right now.”

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Freaky said:

And we would only need to hold a fraction in digital currency of the millions of dollars held in nostro accounts all over the world right now.

don’t understand this part.. wouldn’t we be doing exactly what we’re doing now but holding other banks CBDCs instead of digital fiat versions?

3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

I've been around technology for over 30 years.

I know NDA's and have signed and created hundreds.

I know the IT world and the personalities that live and breath IT.

With this much publicly revealed activity and strong hints from Ripple leadership on a bigger undisclosed list of users/customers.....

Why is there not more credible leaks of info? - TRUE STORY....this stuff can be kept under wraps for months even years,  but not forever....there seems to always be loose lips.....where are they?  These APPLE rumors if actually had some truth would leak just like there are always leaks around product launches, iPhones always seem to get photographed and detailed functionality made public.....where are the leakers?

And what about insiders at Bank of America's IT world.....???   

I know I will get bashed for this....but this is what concerns me...... We are not getting leaked validation on some of the great rumors.

Yes this seems to contradict "Rumor and no validation".....but how does something this big not get leaked to mainstream media with anonymous sources that puts the mainstream media comfortable with printing the news?? especially with the failed push by Facebook to enter the crypto world.

It’s another sign pointing to a possible scam or should I say pointing to a frivolous project .

29 minutes ago, Capone said:

It’s another sign pointing to a possible scam or should I say pointing to a frivolous project .

I have no idea how you could conclude that.  Scam?  Frivolous?  With Brad on the front table at a world wide Central Bankers meeting?

Sometimes the things said in this forum make me want to delete my account and leave the nonsense.

7 hours ago, Spartaksus said:

Do you know what was the best indicator for me? DS de-risking strategy. If one of the most important Ripple employees, insider, reduces his stack it means only one thing, in the short and medium term we can´t expect any significant increase of price.

Even the best NDA will not protect you from greed of insiders.

He sold like 7% of his stack? Who knows what's happening in his personal life. Maybe that 7% (I think it was 1-2 million XRP) will secure his and his family's lifestyle for the foreseeable future. It's just too small to say anything about.