Dilip Rao retiring.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He will be missed. I hope we all will retire soon.

Dear Mr Freaky Sir, You've been the best Fudster on this board for a very long time. Always negative, but with a politeness and charm that makes us all love you dearly. So with that in mind, if y

lol this had me laughing 

Posted Images

Look at the comments - he lets out that "a remittance corridor" to India is about to open - that sounds like ODL just about to open to India, or is that a stretch? Cool your Jets?

Dilip Rao

@diliprao

·

Dec 6

You're one of my best hires, Ravi - your success with banks in India has built a key remittance corridor on #RippleNet! More wind to your sails in 2020!

Edited by Julian_Williams
20 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

he lets out that "a remittance corridor" to India is about to open

Are you basing that on the ‘well done Ravi’ comment?   I don’t think that’s saying it’s an ODL corridor...  only that they have had success signing Indian banks onto Ripplenet.  Sure, long term, any Ripplenet user is likely going to be using ODL at least sometimes...  but for now they are not the same.

So if it’s just that Ravi comment,  I doubt it’s letting slip an ODL corridor.

5 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Are you basing that on the ‘well done Ravi’ comment?   I don’t think that’s saying it’s an ODL corridor...  only that they have had success signing Indian banks onto Ripplenet.  Sure, long term, any Ripplenet user is likely going to be using ODL at least sometimes...  but for now they are not the same.

So if it’s just that Ravi comment,  I doubt it’s letting slip an ODL corridor.

remittance sounds so like an ODL corridor, but I expect you are right.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sbi-holdings-indicates-shareholders-could-160029790.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL25aeVhYUTduSHc_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANCYcjOeuQ8qNBqGHuZNEzv-Q82lNtBFQk9aeUqGLwyxVfRGrda23e2OnFj1OUGC4V7jXXs8tI4-R3KREDJejIKNveDRw1hKVCfoV1CDL8cbVzULAeheS0zFS39cZ3kB23tuAqGToT6LibkHueb8Ed_129mdUmCTwzc4-Wg3i-jm

The presentation indicated that SBI Holdings was exploring the use of RippleNet technology across several currency corridors in South East Asia following the successful launch of a Ripple-based remittance service between Japan and Vietnam.

Once these remittance corridors are live, SBI Ripple Asia will cover almost 50% of the entire Ripple network.

The new remittance networks will use Ripple’s ODL technology, which uses XRP to create immediate liquidity for fiat currencies, allowing rapid processing of money transfers.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Thanks...  most interesting.  So he is taking semi-retirement rather than just sipping a pina-colada in a beach hammock it appears.

Woomera Labs aims to advise fintechs, large and small, on technology leverage and transformational change in financial services. We are particularly interested in emerging models for the use of cryptographic tokens and currencies and distributed ledger technology to re-invent global payments infrastructure.

Principal Advisor Dilip Rao has over 40 years of experience with technology in banking and payment systems, most recently with Ripple Labs in New York, as Global Head of Infrastructure Innovation. He led business development for Ripple across APAC and the Middle East, securing banking clients for RippleNet. Dilip was also founder of the first person-to-person payments startup in Australia and has advised commercial financial institutions as well as central bankers and regulators. Dilip has spoken widely at conferences around the world.

I think we can pretty much assume Woomera Labs will be Ripplenet customers with an interest in ODL cross border payments!