Jump to content

Garlinghouse predicts the future.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

DYOR 

this thread is a bit stinky imho 

monkey falling GIF by AFV Pets

Never spent too much time on chats, was more into fact based research but I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone had seen anything in the years passed. Garlinghouse seems smarter than most people and unlike most he doesn't seem to have a problem sacrificing his pride or ego to become successful. Been on this train for what feels like awhile and ill wait as long as I have too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, BG says he's long Bitcoin.

He never said he was long XRP, but that Ripple, as the biggest XRP owner, is most interested in the long-term success of XRP.

That doesn't mean that XRP has to go up in price for it, it just has to be liquid in the markets for it to work. Like oil. The machinery should simply run. Oil is however very cheap and no mega expensive property.

So caution. XRP is a utility coin, it should fulfill a purpose and be liquid. If the purpose is fulfilled with 0.05 $, everyone at Ripple is happy, because it's about ODL and not about making a few people rich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The250 said:

Never spent too much time on chats, was more into fact based research but I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone had seen anything in the years passed. Garlinghouse seems smarter than most people and unlike most he doesn't seem to have a problem sacrificing his pride or ego to become successful. Been on this train for what feels like awhile and ill wait as long as I have too.

ripple employee's don't comment on price predictions as a rule . good for you for holding. 

for all fact base research

https://www.xrparcade.com/ 

https://www.stedas.hr/index-en.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MatinMontreal said:

Larsen and Garlinghouse hold billions of XRP. They have every incentive to see it succeed. 

I’ve sometimes wondered how many Brad have...  I don’t think it’s remotely near Billions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

To be honest, BG says he's long Bitcoin.

He never said he was long XRP, but that Ripple, as the biggest XRP owner, is most interested in the long-term success of XRP.

That doesn't mean that XRP has to go up in price for it, it just has to be liquid in the markets for it to work. Like oil. The machinery should simply run. Oil is however very cheap and no mega expensive property.

So caution. XRP is a utility coin, it should fulfill a purpose and be liquid. If the purpose is fulfilled with 0.05 $, everyone at Ripple is happy, because it's about ODL and not about making a few people rich.

Appreciate your explanation and I understand and agree with exactly what your saying. I don't think its about making a few people rich although I do believe that might be the byproduct of the overall success of XRP being that there is a limited supply. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, The250 said:

Has Bradley Garlinghouse ever once said specifically that the XRP token will raise in price? If so can someone please show it too me.

He has never specifically stated it will go up, but he has stated in various interviews that

1. He doesn't think about price on the short term. He thinks long term 5 years. First stated 2 years ago 

2. He has stated he doesn't understand market pricing and if he did he would be very rich

3. As already stated by others he gas said Ripple has a lot of xrp so have a vested interest in seeing it increase 

4. About 2 years ago David Schwartz wrote about possible prices. But it did not seem to be based on any modelling, just an off the top of his head response on Quora 

Link to post
Share on other sites

XRP has way more utility at a higher price :-

  • more stability (in price)
  • more liquidity

The fact that it's unstable in price suggests it's in its early phase of price discovery.  Of course, it can fail and go to near-zero/zero too.  If it is to succeed, then today's price of 22 cents surely will be a lot lower than its "mature" price range that sees much higher liquidity (which infers a higher price) and stability of price (far deeper market). 

The weird thing for me is that we don't see price pumps any longer.  I think we're beyond exhaustion now...XRP hit the wall, was wrapped in foil, taken to the hospital, showed no vital signs, was defibbed several times without success and its body is currently still warm in the morgue...we're just waiting for the sheet to move slightly....and then the incredible come back to beat its previous ATH.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

XRP has way more utility at a higher price :-

  • more stability (in price)
  • more liquidity

The fact that it's unstable in price suggests it's in its early phase of price discovery.  Of course, it can fail and go to near-zero/zero too.  If it is to succeed, then today's price of 22 cents surely will be a lot lower than its "mature" price range that sees much higher liquidity (which infers a higher price) and stability of price (far deeper market). 

The weird thing for me is that we don't see price pumps any longer.  I think we're beyond exhaustion now...XRP hit the wall, was wrapped in foil, taken to the hospital, showed no vital signs, was defibbed several times without success and its body is currently still warm in the morgue...we're just waiting for the sheet to move slightly....and then the incredible come back to beat its previous ATH.

If you look at the history of BTC for example. What you'll see is that these last 2 years aren't unusual at all. Is this time different? Nobody knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.