itcdominic

Interesting view from a Bitcoin Investor (Maxi?)

9 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

it took bitcoin only 9 years to go from nothing to $20,000. im quite sure most people here wouldnt mind waiting 9 years for xrp to hit $50 or higher. if its too long a time, try to make this kind of money at your 9-5 job in 9 years.

But you are forgetting that XRP has already been around for 7 years now. Where was Bitcoin in year 7?

12 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Long time friend and PRO-PRO-PRO Bitcoin guy, has finally opened up to me on his true feeling about XRP.  Forever bashing until recently I would have considered him ANTI-XRP.  He might be, but then this happened.

On Monday night he openly shared with me that BTC has been good to him and he does make money.  He has a love relationship with BTC because of this. The new information I heard from him was a surprise; He does believe that XRP will become a powerful utility and used by banks, governments, remittance companies, etc., and the price will one day "MOON" (His words).  But,  he thinks that this will be a slow climb and thus allow him to shift his investments over time.  No hurry.  He believes the growth will be more gradual and news and mainstream media will do a fair job at providing legitimate warnings along the way.

GAWD, I hope he is wrong.....

You hope he is wrong because you want it to happen faster ? 

Xrp is one of the worst performing top ten coins , there is no momentum behind it despite growing utility. There are still many concerning things about xrp ( like jed selling huge amounts ) . I think he is right , price will climb slowly . Mgi is not big enough to make xrp a hundred billion dollar asset , the other companies officially using xrp are not worth mentioning . I think you will have to wait , sorry 😐 

9 hours ago, Archbob said:

They didn't actually spend anything because Ripple didn't pay for their airfare or room and board.

Ripple might not have but their PR company will have. No way you get a bunch of people out to Singapore on their own dime; that's a hell of an expensive place for (relatively) smalltime Youtubers.

2 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

You hope he is wrong because you want it to happen faster ? 

Xrp is one of the worst performing top ten coins , there is no momentum behind it despite growing utility. There are still many concerning things about xrp ( like jed selling huge amounts ) . I think he is right , price will climb slowly . Mgi is not big enough to make xrp a hundred billion dollar asset , the other companies officially using xrp are not worth mentioning . I think you will have to wait , sorry 😐 

But weren't Ripple and Jed selling in 2017 also? It did not magically come to 30bln+ XRP's in the market. And still it exploded.

I think that despite the selling, it can still be manipulated to a big boom, which is unhealthy and unnatural but real. Some people just like milking this unregulated market, cycle after cycle, untill they can no longer because an asset either becomes too big to manipulate or dies. Looking at market size of crypto this is still pennystocks compared to S&P500 stock market, and those got abused like crazy.

Those booms... could… happen once or twice before utility ever takes over. Or not.

4 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I've been bullish on XRP since mid 2017, but Swell 2019 was a real low point for me.  It showed Ripple really have nothing up their sleeve and inviting YouTubers made it a lot of noise and not much signal.  I don't blame the YT guys for milking it, but there's a point where it becomes more about their YT "career" and less about holding Ripple's feet to the fire and trying to eek out information/breadcrumbs that isn't just officially announced. 

The more I looked at Swell the more I got the opposite message for you; I got the impression that Ripple were moving in to reforming the industry from teh bottom upwards, and becoming the standard. Getting stuck into things like the integration of API protocol across the cross border payments industries.  The present arrangements are a complete mess and huge cost for companies like VISA and the Banks, by standardising the talking between them Ripple are becoming the Cisco of the IoV.  Their ODL is embedded in these systems - so as the new protocols get adopted so does XRP.   This is a cool strategy

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

But weren't Ripple and Jed selling in 2017 also? It did not magically come to 30bln+ XRP's in the market. And still it exploded.

I think that despite the selling, it can still be manipulated to a big boom, which is unhealthy and unnatural but real. Some people just like milking this unregulated market, cycle after cycle, untill they can no longer because an asset either becomes too big to manipulate or dies. Looking at market size of crypto this is still pennystocks compared to S&P500 stock market, and those got abused like crazy.

Those booms... could… happen once or twice before utility ever takes over. Or not.

I don’t think that bitcoin or xrp can be compared to penny stocks , they are big and liquid assets. 

i agree with you about Jed , he sold in 2017 too . It was just an example , for me all the xpring investments , the millions of dollars going into donations , universities etc are a sign for me that buying xrp right now is not smart , I rather wait for it to turn more bullish , it’s not like it will jump to a dollar within a day 

Any asset can be manipulated to a big boom , it’s all about whales in the end . But If I want boom I will rather buy a promising low cap crypto to be honest . I don’t think that regulations are that important , I have seen crazier swings with Tesla and other stocks . 

All I am saying is for me personally buying xrp right now is not that attractive , ripple changed some of their plans and I don’t like it ( for example they seem less community focused than in 2017 where several employees often visited the forum )

Edited by Zerp_Legend

4 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I've been bullish on XRP since mid 2017, but Swell 2019 was a real low point for me.  It showed Ripple really have nothing up their sleeve and inviting YouTubers made it a lot of noise and not much signal.  I don't blame the YT guys for milking it, but there's a point where it becomes more about their YT "career" and less about holding Ripple's feet to the fire and trying to eek out information/breadcrumbs that isn't just officially announced. 

interesting you feel that way , the YT guy's gave some interesting feedback with their one on one discussions not only with senior leadership team but the customers of ripple , that was a ballsy  call , to have them mix and mingle with future users of ODL  that will pump millions/billions through it , to me swell showed how open and transparent ripple are , also the news of over 300 customers , 24 ODL users , now 400 employers strategically placed globally , wow   i honestly can't believe how far and how fast they are moving since the last swell , we are so early still , i hope your low point has gone by now , anyway cheers good luck to us all :drinks:   

1 minute ago, Truckdriver said:

interesting you feel that way , the YT guy's gave some interesting feedback with their one on one discussions not only with senior leadership team but the customers of ripple , that was a ballsy  call , to have them mix and mingle with future users of ODL  that will pump millions/billions through it , to me swell showed how open and transparent ripple are , also the news of over 300 customers , 24 ODL users , now 400 employers strategically placed globally , wow   i honestly can't believe how far and how fast they are moving since the last swell , we are so early still , i hope your low point has gone by now , anyway cheers good luck to us all :drinks:   

It’s crazy how such a small start up already got so many clients that’s true . Now if they all would turn on the switch that would be nice 

39 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

It’s crazy how such a small start up already got so many clients that’s true . Now if they all would turn on the switch that would be nice 

That last sentence sounds very much like either you are impatient or do not understand the mechanisms for building new markets... or both. 

2 hours ago, ianinthefuture said:

Ripple might not have but their PR company will have. No way you get a bunch of people out to Singapore on their own dime; that's a hell of an expensive place for (relatively) smalltime Youtubers.

Nope. Just got feedback from Eri. Everything was out of pocket for them. They got an invite to attend but no monetary assistance. I made an unintentional mental leap of faith that the company used marketing funds to make it happen. Comes likely from my traveling on corporate dime since the mid 80s. My bad.

56 minutes ago, RussianStandards said:

That last sentence sounds very much like either you are impatient or do not understand the mechanisms for building new markets... or both. 

Seems like you aren’t long enough in the market to understand the switch joke . Maybe stop judging people 

55 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Nope. Just got feedback from Eri. Everything was out of pocket for them. They got an invite to attend but no monetary assistance. I made an unintentional mental leap of faith that the company used marketing funds to make it happen. Comes likely from my traveling on corporate dime since the mid 80s. My bad.

Huh, fair play to them then.