itcdominic

Interesting view from a Bitcoin Investor (Maxi?)

4 hours ago, XRPboi said:

Interesting. I've heard this theory before (of a slow ramp up over time), but it is also worth noting that a couple of the gentleman (Youtubers) that Ripple invited to Swell have been putting out a lot of content recently suggesting quite the opposite - 'mass enablement', a ~$700 XRP, ~$2T in volume around the corner, and a quick rise in price (also apparently supported by DS to be the more likely scenario). One of them is also saying that the recent MGI/Ripple news is "The New Swift" with "Ripple getting into banking."

I find this confusing because I interpreted their invites to Swell as Ripple's (direct or indirect) endorsement of each of them, or at minimum a head nod that the content they put out is on the right track. We all know the effect overpromising/hyping and underdelivering has in this community, and yet they did seem to handle themselves very professionally judging by the content shared of them at Swell. 

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

"Youtubers". Since when have these been right? SamIAM has been ranting for months about 589 EOY and he was not invited. Until the last day he was so confident he was right and he got a trustworthy source. When that didn't come to fruition he went on with a new prediction from another riddler. Again an anonymous and "reliable" source according to him. 2k in May! That''s about 1999,75$ off.

I honestly don't understand Ripple inviting these lunies. I'd honestly feel ashamed as a company that these people are championing my company. Just take a step back and listen to what e.g. Brad Kymes is saying in his youtube videos. Does this sound like a trustworthy person with some understanding of the matter (either economics, software development, blockchain, legal, ...). This guy is hearing voices. "Come on in!!!?!???!!?!?".

I forgot the name of the one that was running a charity (CKJ?) and misused the funds.

DigitalAssInvestor is another one of them misrepresenting the "news" with only mentioning pieces that fit his narrative.

These are the guys that people should be listening too? How can this be taken seriously?

1 hour ago, XRPto50dollars said:

it took bitcoin only 9 years to go from nothing to $20,000. im quite sure most people here wouldnt mind waiting 9 years for xrp to hit $50 or higher. if its too long a time, try to make this kind of money at your 9-5 job in 9 years.

I didn't express an unwillingness to wait long term or an impatience regarding growth - I was simply interested in others input regarding some of the community members and information they have shared. Yet your response comes across as unnecessarily defensive for some reason. 

Even so, why is any mention of price potential such a taboo topic these days? Yes, the tech is great, but many of us are here with hope of achieving major life changes over time. And naturally, that is extremely exciting. We can't all code or build on the XRPL, but I'd like to think that early retail investments had some effect on building out the network and company over time. 

Who profit from XRP ? For the creators of XRP it’s 100 %  free money. Ripple is pocketing 100’s of millions of free dollars that they use for development and enrich themselves. They just waisted 30 million dollars in Omni . Jed Mcalleb from Mt Gox was a co creator  of XRP and then he just disappeared with his stash and now making millions from it !

Looks scammy to me !!!

3 minutes ago, Capone said:

Ripple and company took advantage of an unregulated environment to create XRP .

It would be unimaginable to do anything like that nowadays.

There's dozens of new coins coming up every day man, still plenty do it, the scale is just not that big and Ripple the company did actually make a lot of corporate inroads and partnerships.

3 minutes ago, Capone said:

Can you name a few for me  ?

I can’t...  but I can say that every time I notice the ‘number of crypto currencies’ at the top of Coinmarketcap its larger.  Used to be 2k or so and now it’s more than 4k.  So yeah, there must be many new ones all the time.

6 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Long time friend and PRO-PRO-PRO Bitcoin guy, has finally opened up to me on his true feeling about XRP.  Forever bashing until recently I would have considered him ANTI-XRP.  He might be, but then this happened.

On Monday night he openly shared with me that BTC has been good to him and he does make money.  He has a love relationship with BTC because of this. The new information I heard from him was a surprise; He does believe that XRP will become a powerful utility and used by banks, governments, remittance companies, etc., and the price will one day "MOON" (His words).  But,  he thinks that this will be a slow climb and thus allow him to shift his investments over time.  No hurry.  He believes the growth will be more gradual and news and mainstream media will do a fair job at providing legitimate warnings along the way.

GAWD, I hope he is wrong.....

This sounds like a LGBTQ+(-)XRP(@)PTHC-(+) //=//story I heard the Other Day!!! But it echos PRo-Pro-pRO // I definitely Like (Love) it. :curtsey:

3 hours ago, XRPboi said:

I didn't express an unwillingness to wait long term or an impatience regarding growth - I was simply interested in others input regarding some of the community members and information they have shared. Yet your response comes across as unnecessarily defensive for some reason. 

Even so, why is any mention of price potential such a taboo topic these days? Yes, the tech is great, but many of us are here with hope of achieving major life changes over time. And naturally, that is extremely exciting. We can't all code or build on the XRPL, but I'd like to think that early retail investments had some effect on building out the network and company over time. 

i wasnt defensive. when i said, "try to make this kind of money at your 9-5 job in 9 years", it wasnt directed at you. i was simply responding generally. notice my post wasnt a reply to anyone. and where is price potential such a taboo topic? my name is XRPto50dollars :JC_thinking:

Edited by XRPto50dollars

9 hours ago, JASCoder said:

Regarding scaling up ODL deployed corridors...

From what we've gathered watching the metrics at Bitso, volume usage is throttled by the order book depth at the receiving endpoint - that is, the MXN buy orders need to be in the optimal range for that route to be used at the time for a required value transfer. Note, the last three days at Bitso they show trade volumes consecutively in the top all-time five (12-14m). I'm currently researching the dynamics of their respective order books, and hope to have something to add to this thinking soon.

As for inviting the "influencers" to Ripple's august meetup...  That is fairly unconventional to say the least lol. But for a company based out of San Francisco, with a "long-haired" Director sporting a pirate patch on his Twitter avatar, and a corporate website with their 404 set to the Grateful Dead's dancing bears... Well, this is a most special company :) 

grateful_dead_bear.jpg

Strikes me you are a most special new comer to this forum for a long while - very interesting perspectives and insights coming from your direction.  Please keep them coming!

6 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

"Youtubers". Since when have these been right? SamIAM has been ranting for months about 589 EOY and he was not invited. Until the last day he was so confident he was right and he got a trustworthy source. When that didn't come to fruition he went on with a new prediction from another riddler. Again an anonymous and "reliable" source according to him. 2k in May! That''s about 1999,75$ off.

I honestly don't understand Ripple inviting these lunies. I'd honestly feel ashamed as a company that these people are championing my company. Just take a step back and listen to what e.g. Brad Kymes is saying in his youtube videos. Does this sound like a trustworthy person with some understanding of the matter (either economics, software development, blockchain, legal, ...). This guy is hearing voices. "Come on in!!!?!???!!?!?".

I forgot the name of the one that was running a charity (CKJ?) and misused the funds.

DigitalAssInvestor is another one of them misrepresenting the "news" with only mentioning pieces that fit his narrative.

These are the guys that people should be listening too? How can this be taken seriously?

I've been bullish on XRP since mid 2017, but Swell 2019 was a real low point for me.  It showed Ripple really have nothing up their sleeve and inviting YouTubers made it a lot of noise and not much signal.  I don't blame the YT guys for milking it, but there's a point where it becomes more about their YT "career" and less about holding Ripple's feet to the fire and trying to eek out information/breadcrumbs that isn't just officially announced.