itcdominic

Interesting view from a Bitcoin Investor (Maxi?)

Long time friend and PRO-PRO-PRO Bitcoin guy, has finally opened up to me on his true feeling about XRP.  Forever bashing until recently I would have considered him ANTI-XRP.  He might be, but then this happened.

On Monday night he openly shared with me that BTC has been good to him and he does make money.  He has a love relationship with BTC because of this. The new information I heard from him was a surprise; He does believe that XRP will become a powerful utility and used by banks, governments, remittance companies, etc., and the price will one day "MOON" (His words).  But,  he thinks that this will be a slow climb and thus allow him to shift his investments over time.  No hurry.  He believes the growth will be more gradual and news and mainstream media will do a fair job at providing legitimate warnings along the way.

GAWD, I hope he is wrong.....

Interesting. I've heard this theory before (of a slow ramp up over time), but it is also worth noting that a couple of the gentleman (Youtubers) that Ripple invited to Swell have been putting out a lot of content recently suggesting quite the opposite - 'mass enablement', a ~$700 XRP, ~$2T in volume around the corner, and a quick rise in price (also apparently supported by DS to be the more likely scenario). One of them is also saying that the recent MGI/Ripple news is "The New Swift" with "Ripple getting into banking."

I find this confusing because I interpreted their invites to Swell as Ripple's (direct or indirect) endorsement of each of them, or at minimum a head nod that the content they put out is on the right track. We all know the effect overpromising/hyping and underdelivering has in this community, and yet they did seem to handle themselves very professionally judging by the content shared of them at Swell. 

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

1 minute ago, XRPboi said:

I find this confusing because I interpreted their invites to Swell as Ripple's (direct or indirect) endorsement of each of them, or at minimum a head nod that the content they put out is on the right track.

I think it is a big mistake to infer that a Swell invite is an endorsement of pricing views.

Instead it is an acceptance of audience view numbers.  Presumably some vetting of the overall behaviour was also done,  but thinking Ripple endorse a $700 XRP because they invited the person who thinks that would be a mistake in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Interesting. I've heard this theory before (of a slow ramp up over time), but it is also worth noting that a couple of the gentleman (Youtubers) that Ripple invited to Swell have been putting out a lot of content recently suggesting quite the opposite - 'mass enablement', a ~$700 XRP, ~$2T in volume around the corner, and a quick rise in price (also apparently supported by DS to be the more likely scenario). One of them is also saying that the recent MGI/Ripple news is "The New Swift" with "Ripple getting into banking."

I find this confusing because I interpreted their invites to Swell as Ripple's (direct or indirect) endorsement of each of them, or at minimum a head nod that the content they put out is on the right track. We all know the effect overpromising/hyping and underdelivering has in this community, and yet they did seem to handle themselves very professionally judging by the content shared of them at Swell. 

Those YouTubers have been putting that content out for two years now. Has it come true yet? It was supposed to be a year ago according to them.

He is just one of those who think they can time the market. Nobody can. This kind of approach leads to buying too late and paying too high price. If he sees XRP positively, then the time invest is now. Simple as that.

Edited by Duke67

54 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I think it is a big mistake to infer that a Swell invite is an endorsement of pricing views.

Instead it is an acceptance of audience view numbers.  Presumably some vetting of the overall behaviour was also done,  but thinking Ripple endorse a $700 XRP because they invited the person who thinks that would be a mistake in my opinion.

I agree - it is unreasonable to infer that an invite to Swell means Ripple endorses subsequent price predictions. 

But I do not think it is a stretch to infer that these specific Youtubers gained a very unique insight into the company and had very interesting discussions. And I doubt that the decision of who to invite was made lightly. Naturally, I would assume that these specific people have been entrusted to communicate certain messages and details that Ripple cannot, and that it is an ongoing, somewhat collaborative effort between the two. 

Is it actually possible to reach anywhere near $2T in volume in the near-term? And would this kind of volume actually equate to ~$700 /XRP? 

1 hour ago, ianinthefuture said:

They were invited because they have an audience and would produce content for said audience during and following their visit to Swell. It's glorified marketing. That's literally it.

Yep. That’s all I saw. Well spent marketing dollars. Out of this a lot of good information about what Ripple is doing will be produced by a variety of people for varying audiences.
And it’s likely to have some staying power as this brought people together that have like passions and knew of each other but had never met each before. It’s likely helped bond this small community for years to come. 

18 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Yep. That’s all I saw. Well spent marketing dollars. Out of this a lot of good information about what Ripple is doing will be produced by a variety of people for varying audiences.
And it’s likely to have some staying power as this brought people together that have like passions and knew of each other but had never met each before. It’s likely helped bond this small community for years to come. 

They didn't actually spend anything because Ripple didn't pay for their airfare or room and board.

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

They didn't actually spend anything because Ripple didn't pay for their airfare or room and board.

Wow. Didn’t realize that. Even cheaper then. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have gone on my dime even though I can afford to attend. I guess to those who went it’s possibly seen as an investment and or tax write off as well.