How low can you go?

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Sure some investors take their money and buy a lambo, others further cultivate their interest and knowledge in crypto and the coming of the IoV which has already made them very rich.  Some cashed out some of their money and kept some in, some bought high and sold low (that's sad but it is also one of life's lessons)

I miss Hodor because he supplied very detailed commentary of the developments in the XRP ecosystem which helped keep me informed of progress of the Ripple/XRP project.  He is a programmer and he is working on an XRP related project that he is for the moment not ready to announce.  There is nothing to feel bad about that.

Those who got rich were the early ones. They could have got rich from almost every shitcoin.. this doesn't mean XRP is good and strong. This only means they were lucky and now it's time to go back to 0.0xxx zone where utility will affect price and when i mean affect i mean from 0.01 to 0.012 pretty much like tether when btc surges or dumps 

Edited by Xill
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd be careful. It took me some time but I've made peace with the fact that XRP is going no where any time soon. We're approaching the price where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the re

Warren Buffetism: "Never invest in a product, invest in a company." "If you cant invest in a company for 10 years don't invest for 10 minutes even." XRP is clearly different than all the other al

You are wrong on almost every point you make The price in early 2017 (Jan - March 2017, right?) was .01 (22 times lower than it is now).  It is quite likely that many of the investors that bought

Posted Images

I don’t want to waste either of our time...    if you do not accept that widespread utility volume will have a positive effect on price,  both by supporting it and also tending to trend it upwards,  then we should not discuss this because our ideas are irreconcilable.

But assuming you accept the above...  

we know ODL usage of XRP is increasing.  More companies and more corridors and more percentage of trans. So let’s look at a typical example chart of how tech grows...   air speed records.  The chart at the bottom of this post is from an old but interesting article on Forbes about Moore’s Law in computing.

40 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

and what has that done for the price of XRP? It's become evident that Ripple's momentum as a company is not tied to XRP's value as a token.

Now you are saying that utility hasn’t affected price.  Correct.  The volume is too small so far.  We are somewhere on that chart below.  You can draw a horizontal line through the graph at the height that you think utility will have an effect.

If you think we are currently below that line then this is exactly what one would expect right now and your case is negated...  no effect yet is not only ok,  it’s expected.  We are at the mercy of the sentiment of the cryptosphere.

If you think we are above that imaginary drawn in horizontal line then for some reason you are saying that our current very tiny utility should have had a big effect.  That’s an unsupportable view and it’s clearly nonsense so only a fool would think that.

I don’t expect you will change your view,  but I think I’ve just shown that a complaint that the project is a failure is not supportable.

Oops...   I’ve just seen your recent trollish replies so I think I’m wasting my time on you.  Oh well, post it anyway...

Edit:   Sorry...  I conflated two posters and I apologise.

A4730772-56DC-4928-87A2-F7453000C174.jpeg

Edited by Guest
Fix mistaken assumption
2 minutes ago, Xill said:

Those who got rich were the early ones. They could have got rich from almost every shitcoin.. this doesn't mean XRP is good and strong. 

That's pretty much it. Ethererum, Bitcoin, Steller, Monero, Cardano - you could throw a dart and have made a killing had you started investing at the start of 2017. Nothing overly special with XRP. 

Even if XRP had a tremendous run (which is absolutely did), it did so on speculation. And speculation was the only thing that moved the needle. I

1 minute ago, lucid99 said:

That's pretty much it. Ethererum, Bitcoin, Steller, Monero, Cardano - you could throw a dart and have made a killing had you started investing at the start of 2017. Nothing overly special with XRP. 

Even if XRP had a tremendous run (which is absolutely did), it did so on speculation. And speculation was the only thing that moved the needle. I

That's exactly why we're all disapointed. At this stage it's still only speculation. + Swift GPI and R3 taking the XRP market...

4 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I don’t want to waste either of our time...    if you do not accept that widespread utility volume will have a positive effect on price,  both by supporting it and also tending to trend it upwards,  then we should not discuss this because our ideas are irreconcilable.

Hey @Tinyaccount, thanks for the contribution. 

I didn't say that widespread utility won't have an impact on price. I said that the success of Ripple isn't implicitly tied to the value of XRP. 

And just to be clear, I do think that widespread utility could/would have an impact on the price of XRP. I also think Ripple has many tools in their arsenal that they could use to control price (including however many billions of XRP they have in escrow). 

"Oops...   I’ve just seen your recent trollish replies so I think I’m wasting my time on you.  Oh well, post it anyway..."

As a last note, I actually don't hold a firm view in one way or the other. Not a troll, just offering perspective. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

That's exactly why we're all disapointed. At this stage it's still only speculation. + Swift GPI and R3 taking the XRP market...

If you think XRP is not going to succeed, just sell and move on to the project that you like.. It is as simple as that.. You don't have to keep complaining about the price.

Brad clearly mentioned that they are at Mile 2 of the Marathon while still many projects hasn't even crossed the start line. Ripple is still early and its going to take years to see the real adaption. If you like XRP and if the price is cheap. Lucky you, buy more.  

And do you know about the concept of Market share?  Cross border market is 27T$ business and growing at a rate of 10-20% every year. Ripple is not going to take 100% of it. There will be competition. But Ripple will get hold of a decent junk of it. But that won't happen overnight. 

3 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

As a last note, I actually don't hold a firm view in one way or the other. Not a troll, just offering perspective. 

No no...  I’m sorry...  it was not you I referred to...  I edited my post to show I’d incorrectly conflated yours and 666 guys posts.

I apologise for the confusion.  I appreciate your measured and sensible reply even though you were being incorrectly called a troll.  My thanks and respect to you.

1 minute ago, lucid99 said:

And when people are scouring the net to find any information that supports their bias, it could be posts like that that influence a person to buy. So I feel it's important to offer a balanced perspective. 

And those of us who feel perpetually bullish DO appreciate someone with a reasoned and opposing view.  Thanks for making it clearly and coolly.  

Also...   I hope you look back at my post and accept my apologies. 

32 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

And those of us who feel perpetually bullish DO appreciate someone with a reasoned and opposing view.  Thanks for making it clearly and coolly.  

Also...   I hope you look back at my post and accept my apologies. 

It's all good - no apology necessary. I misread :)

25 minutes ago, tony71 said:

I feel something big is about to happen before end of the year,  maybe some sort of announcement and what we are seeing now is to distract us and scare us away from XRP?

SBI ! SWELL 1..2..3 ! Bill Gates ! R3 ! MoneyGram ! ILP ! 100+ banks ! TA ! Bull run ! Hodor ! Joël Katz ! Brad ! Reversal ! Moon ! Scam ! FUD ! BTC ! $ ! America ! Trump ! China ! Ban ! Exchange ! Utility ! And of course Volume and Adoption ! Long (too ? Very ?) term...

Ps : don't invest more than you can afford.

12 hours ago, Thomas666 said:

SBI ! SWELL 1..2..3 ! Bill Gates ! R3 ! MoneyGram ! ILP ! 100+ banks ! TA ! Bull run ! Hodor ! Joël Katz ! Brad ! Reversal ! Moon ! Scam ! FUD ! BTC ! $ ! America ! Trump ! China ! Ban ! Exchange ! Utility ! And of course Volume and Adoption ! Long (too ? Very ?) term...

Ps : don't invest more than you can afford.

Is this a multiple choice or all or nothing thing?

For what it's worth (nothing...) I've also had the theory whales are just waiting to abuse a random (big) announcement to make the bots let the price go again once they can't afford the selling pressure anymore. Just like they used the Coinbase rumour and escrow news at the end 2017 to go parabolic. That was far from natural and purely kickstarted by relieving sell pressure.

Is that moment now? Who knows, but they can't keep selling eternally. I do however expect prior to the big boom (or during that boom?) to start reading more and more mainstream news to get new blood into the market to sell their precious zerps to. Timing would be superb with all the low intrest rates world wide currently and get 'dumb' retail in in the final phase of the parabolic run.

Every jump XRP wanted to make in 2019 was quickly sold off to keep it down and get investors look elsewhere (BTC, LTC, stocks etc). It's simply most profitable percentagewise to make it explode from as low as possible to as high as possible.

Eventually it's always some random news to 'explain' a big crash or rise, even though it's all manipulated and fake as hell.

44 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

perhaps there's no more dumb retail left in the current generations 8)

Many people who lost in the 2017 run and afterward bearmarket are done with crypto. They are not reading into the basics of investing or trading so many will stay dumb. But I dare to put money on it that many of them will be resetting their dorment exchange passwords and get back when this goes up again to 'do it right' this time. Problem is that they will again fomo in when the run is well on its way.

So old investors, combined with new investors gives a lot of volume.

Just compare XRP 24h volume during the bearmarket in 2017 (around 500k first half of the year and 50mln second half) with today 'bearmarket' volume (1bln+). You think the market is dead? I think there is much much more money currently flowing and that volume will explode when the selling stops and Fomo kicks in.

19 hours ago, tony71 said:

I feel something big is about to happen before end of the year,  maybe some sort of announcement and what we are seeing now is to distract us and scare us away from XRP?

Well, that's not difficult to guess and of course something will happen.

It's going to be an explosion ... because five events are finally coming together and will result in a single "moon" shot:

CNY 2019

CNY 2020

and Wall Street Bonuses 2019 and 2020.

Edited by xSODAx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.