tony71

How low can you go?

I think whales in combination with stop losses. A drop as sudden as these cost a lot of volume/money to do for a whale, which went to 10bln for XRP only on the wash traded cmc (volume precedes gains anyone?).

Is it to get some stop losses triggered, to wind up the spring and test buying strength or some big guy wanting to unload his assets. We'll never know. The fact that it happens all over the cryptospace and not XRP only means it is meaningless, just bots working together to get to a (predefined?) price point.

What we do know is that the end of bear cycles ends with some hard crashes, let's hope these are the crashes we were looking for. I didn't like the bounce on 0,20 so expecting some more, but I did like the sudden volume that came with it which tells me these are final (desperate) pushes. I added once more to my portfolio, so I'm thanking the big guys.

/Edit:  CMC volume @ 10bln seems strange... Coming from one Korean exchange it must be fake so take everything with a grain of salt.

Yet if true ...what could be fascinating is that XRP 24hr volume went x6 or x7 (from 1,5bln to 10+bln) to manage this drop... while the other cryptos did barely change in volume...

Which means 2 things imo:
They are really throwing money at it to make this one drop, and the buying strength is insane if it only dropped 2 cents with a volume push as big as the entire marketcap.

Edited by Caracappa

17 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

XRP has shown no resilience whatsoever. It totally missed out on any of the bull runs in the past year, it's consistently at a yearly low, and it's now approaching the zone where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the red.

unfortunately no one can deny this.

2 hours ago, lucid99 said:

I'd be careful. It took me some time but I've made peace with the fact that XRP is going no where any time soon. We're approaching the price where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the red. So for those of you who may still be in the green, be careful about catching this falling knife. My biggest regret was trying to dollar cost average this one instead of taking a small loss and calling it a day. 

XRP has shown no resilience whatsoever. It totally missed out on any of the bull runs in the past year, it's consistently at a yearly low, and it's now approaching the zone where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the red. Buy low, sell high, right? Capitulation? We're so far past that. It's become increasingly clear that this is a failed experiment. Utility has not moved the needle in any meaningful way and there is no reason to think that XRP will rebound any time soon. 

Could it bounce back tomorrow? Maybe. But the trend is not your friend.

We may not see any price action on 2020.  My take is we will start seeing price going up mid 2021. 

3 hours ago, lucid99 said:

I'd be careful. It took me some time but I've made peace with the fact that XRP is going no where any time soon. We're approaching the price where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the red. So for those of you who may still be in the green, be careful about catching this falling knife. My biggest regret was trying to dollar cost average this one instead of taking a small loss and calling it a day. 

XRP has shown no resilience whatsoever. It totally missed out on any of the bull runs in the past year, it's consistently at a yearly low, and it's now approaching the zone where even those who bought in early 2017 will be in the red. Buy low, sell high, right? Capitulation? We're so far past that. It's become increasingly clear that this is a failed experiment. Utility has not moved the needle in any meaningful way and there is no reason to think that XRP will rebound any time soon. 

Could it bounce back tomorrow? Maybe. But the trend is not your friend.

You are wrong on almost every point you make

The price in early 2017 (Jan - March 2017, right?) was .01 (22 times lower than it is now).  It is quite likely that many of the investors that bought millions of XRP at these prices continue to sell to buy things that are doing comparatively better now.  Many will be monitoring XRP and have plans to move back into XRP when XRP takes off. 

The stark fact is that XRP went up by 33,000% in 2017 and the correction that follows that sort of gain is necessarily longer than for stock that only went up a fraction of that amount.  We may not be past capitulation yet. 

XRP is not a "Failed experiment" - Ripple and XRP has made remarkable progress being accepted in the Fintech community and disrupting traditional cross border paradigms and inventing new niches - like streamed cross border micropayments.   Utility is ramping up very very fast, doubling every few months at an accelerating pace.  IT started from zero and it has always been well understood that transactions have to reach tens of millions a day to move the needle.

Edited by Julian_Williams

26 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

Many have plans to move back into XRP ?

😂 This assumption is the perfect exemple of this blind community

Are you saying that most investors who made huge gains from buying at .01 and selling at rates between 3.3 and .21have now become hardened sceptics and critics of XRP's future?   Such an obviously irrational assumption IS blind stupidity 😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The price in early 2017 (Jan - March 2017, right?) was .01 (22 times lower than it is now).  It is quite likely that many of the investors that bought millions of XRP at these prices continue to sell to buy things that are doing comparatively better now. 

By early May, the price was 20 cents. 

"Many will be monitoring XRP and have plans to move back into XRP when XRP takes off. "

That's a ridiculous thing to say and I won't even get into why. 

"XRP is not a "Failed experiment" - Ripple and XRP has made remarkable progress being accepted in the Fintech community and disrupting traditional cross border paradigms and inventing new niches"

...and what has that done for the price of XRP? It's become evident that Ripple's momentum as a company is not tied to XRP's value as a token.

18 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

By early May, the price was 20 cents. 

"Many will be monitoring XRP and have plans to move back into XRP when XRP takes off. "

That's a ridiculous thing to say and I won't even get into why. 

"XRP is not a "Failed experiment" - Ripple and XRP has made remarkable progress being accepted in the Fintech community and disrupting traditional cross border paradigms and inventing new niches"

...and what has that done for the price of XRP? It's become evident that Ripple's momentum as a company is not tied to XRP's value as a token.

You did not write early May - you wrote Early 2017.   Early May is not Early 2017

Why is it ridiculous to say that investors who took out profits after their investment rocketed by up to 33k% in ten months will not be watching for the capitulation of the same stock before reinvesting?.  Surely that is just what a lot of them will be doing? 

Even for those who did not take all their investment out when it peaked XRP has gone from .01 to .21 in under three years - that is huge momentum, as are the ODL adoption rates.  From memory more utility usage in Q3 than in the whole year before.

You obviously have an agenda?  Otherwise why are you not correcting your misrepresentation of facts when you are caught out, and why are you so hostile to XRP?  In terms of penetration into the real world of finance XRP is the crypto success story par excellence.

Perhaps you should consider to change your name from Lucid99 to Muddled99?

26 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Are you saying that most investors who made huge gains from buying at .01 and selling at rates between 3.3 and .21have now become hardened sceptics and critics of XRP's future?   Such an obviously irrational assumption IS blind stupidity 😂😂😂

Sceptics ? Yes I think that many of early investors are far away from crypto. Do you really think they're monitoring price ? I feel bad for people that didn't cash out in december 17.

Just have a look here, I only see less than 10 people from the beggining. If I understand well, the community doesn't have news from Hodor himself...

41 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Btw, I prefered you as when you were Hodor. 

19 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

You did not write early May - you wrote Early 2017.   Early May is not Early 2017

Why is it ridiculous to say that investors who took out profits after their investment rocketed by up to 33k% in ten months will not be watching for the capitulation of the same stock before reinvesting?.  Surely that is just what a lot of them will be doing? 

Even for those who did not take all their investment out when it peaked XRP has gone from .01 to .21 in under three years - that is huge momentum, as are the ODL adoption rates.  From memory more utility usage in Q3 than in the whole year before.

You obviously have an agenda?  Otherwise why are you not correcting your misrepresentation of facts when you are caught out, and why are you so hostile to XRP?  In terms of penetration into the real world of finance XRP is the crypto success story par excellence.

Perhaps you should consider to change your name from Lucid99 to Muddled99?

When BTC rose to 13K XRP should have been at 1.5$. 

I think we got scammed. Too much hype and this happens. 

Edited by Xill

3 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

Sceptics ? Yes I think that many of early investors are far away from crypto. Do you really think they're monitoring price ? I feel bad for people that didn't cash out in december 17.

Just have a look here, I only see less than 10 people from the beggining. If I understand well, the community doesn't have news from Hodor himself...

Sure some investors take their money and buy a lambo, others further cultivate their interest and knowledge in crypto and the coming of the IoV which has already made them very rich.  Some cashed out some of their money and kept some in, some bought high and sold low (that's sad but it is also one of life's lessons)

I miss Hodor because he supplied very detailed commentary of the developments in the XRP ecosystem which helped keep me informed of progress of the Ripple/XRP project.  He is a programmer and he is working on an XRP related project that he is for the moment not ready to announce.  There is nothing to feel bad about that.