Is there any way this isn’t ODL/ XRP?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post count doesn't mean anything dude. Most of my posts are shitposts and TA. You have no idea how thick I am.

Yes. The end.     How can you have 3500posts on XRPchat and still be so uninformed.  Logging off this forum for a while again...

Listen to the language used: ‘really tight spreads’. Note the corridors mentioned. What say you? 

Is it possible that its just RippleNET and not ODL?  Can't imagine it would be another blockchain, as they are Ripple customers.  But, if they are talking about it so openly, I also can't imagine that nobody would have announced Santander using ODL at SWELL.  Odd that there was no clarification.

1 hour ago, Molten said:

Is it possible that its just RippleNET and not ODL?  Can't imagine it would be another blockchain, as they are Ripple customers.  But, if they are talking about it so openly, I also can't imagine that nobody would have announced Santander using ODL at SWELL.  Odd that there was no clarification.

The Devil is in the detail, if this is just Xcurrent which they currently are using in production  why say this??  I put the sentences in bold that stand out "Why would you need to tell us you have been testing Xcurrent for 2 years if you already have it running in production and have been for a while now, testing time for xcurrent has long past.  Why would they express that they have made sure xcurrent complies with all local regulation??  Xcurrent does what SWIFT does and is a direct competitor product so compliance is a given....

“We actually have a blockchain-based international payments system that’s running on four of our corridors: Brazil, Mexico, UK, Spain. It’ll be on all 10 soon. Instant transfers at very, very tight spreads: 30 basis points.

It’s a nice user experience. I use it myself. I sent money to the United States. It’s available same-day. Fantastic, and at a guaranteed rate.”

In April of this year, Santander executive chair Ana Botín said One Pay FX is now powering more than half of Santander Group’s FX payments.

“With this new initiative that is already in place, we’re actually covering 50% of all the FX payments that the Santander Group does annually.

And it works really well, because the rails that we’re using – which, as you say, we’ve collaborated with Ripple – we’ve been testing those for two years, actually with our own employees. And it works.

It’s safe. It’s fully compliant, and obviously we’ve made sure we comply with all local regulations. So you’re in safe hands.”

Edited by Guest
20 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

The Devil is in the detail, if this is just Xcurrent which they currently are using in production  why say this??  I put the sentences in bold that stand out "Why would you need to tell us you have been testing Xcurrent for 2 years if you already have it running in production and have been for a while now, testing time for xcurrent has long past.  Why would they express that they have made sure xcurrent complies with all local regulation??  Xcurrent does what SWIFT does and is a direct competitor product so compliance is a given....

“We actually have a blockchain-based international payments system that’s running on four of our corridors: Brazil, Mexico, UK, Spain. It’ll be on all 10 soon. Instant transfers at very, very tight spreads: 30 basis points.

It’s a nice user experience. I use it myself. I sent money to the United States. It’s available same-day. Fantastic, and at a guaranteed rate.”

In April of this year, Santander executive chair Ana Botín said One Pay FX is now powering more than half of Santander Group’s FX payments.

“With this new initiative that is already in place, we’re actually covering 50% of all the FX payments that the Santander Group does annually.

And it works really well, because the rails that we’re using – which, as you say, we’ve collaborated with Ripple – we’ve been testing those for two years, actually with our own employees. And it works.

It’s safe. It’s fully compliant, and obviously we’ve made sure we comply with all local regulations. So you’re in safe hands.”

Hope you're right, I'm just puzzled as to why they wouldn't just clarify at this point.  If it is ODL, why not just say that??

6 minutes ago, Molten said:

Hope you're right, I'm just puzzled as to why they wouldn't just clarify at this point.  If it is ODL, why not just say that??

I think Ripple wants to keep as much speculation out of the price of XRP as possible for the short term.  Speculation adds to volatility the bulk of the crypto market is speculation but XRP seems a little insulated from the wild swings.  I know the price needs to be higher to kick this thing into gear but a healthy rise as opposed to a spec sugar high is better.  Imagine if they announce Amazon or a huge staple company will utilize XRP  FOMO from speculation alone will drive the price up.  I'm sure these announcements will come but right now they are probably going to be tempered to emphasize the stability of the asset.

8 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

I think Ripple wants to keep as much speculation out of the price of XRP as possible for the short term.  Speculation adds to volatility the bulk of the crypto market is speculation but XRP seems a little insulated from the wild swings.  I know the price needs to be higher to kick this thing into gear but a healthy rise as opposed to a spec sugar high is better.  Imagine if they announce Amazon or a huge staple company will utilize XRP  FOMO from speculation alone will drive the price up.  I'm sure these announcements will come but right now they are probably going to be tempered to emphasize the stability of the asset.

Come on, you know better.  Positive news dumps the price of XRP, not the other way around :)

4 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

It is not XRP/ODL at least for these reasons for now:

• "blockchain-based". Every time I hear this euphemism I associate it to some kind of centralized DLT system that the FI is using. In this case Santander is probably referring to xCurrent plumbing which they have white labeled as their own blockchain-based payments system. xCurrent is blockchain-based because it applies blockchain technology but that doesn't make xCurrent a blockchain.
  • "Instant transfers". ODL or xRapid is not instant. One ODL tx takes a minute or two to complete. xCurrent is instant because you only send data and have pre-funded money already sitting at the account.
  • "we’re actually covering 50% of all the FX payments that the Santander Group does annually". Clearly not XRP related because we would see that kind of volume on XRPL Ledger.

Last but not least Bitso's XRP/MXN liquidity (although growing) is still way too low for something as big as Santander. Even the CEO of MGI said they would like to ramp-up their ODL faster but Ripple could not meet the demand as fast as the CEO desired.

1 hour ago, Gepster said:

Yes. The end.    

How can you have 3500posts on XRPchat and still be so uninformed.  Logging off this forum for a while again...

That was a bit harsh

3 hours ago, hallwaymonitor said:

It is not XRP/ODL at least for these reasons for now:

• "blockchain-based". Every time I hear this euphemism I associate it to some kind of centralized DLT system that the FI is using. In this case Santander is probably referring to xCurrent plumbing which they have white labeled as their own blockchain-based payments system. xCurrent is blockchain-based because it applies blockchain technology but that doesn't make xCurrent a blockchain.
  • "Instant transfers". ODL or xRapid is not instant. One ODL tx takes a minute or two to complete. xCurrent is instant because you only send data and have pre-funded money already sitting at the account.
  • "we’re actually covering 50% of all the FX payments that the Santander Group does annually". Clearly not XRP related because we would see that kind of volume on XRPL Ledger.

Last but not least Bitso's XRP/MXN liquidity (although growing) is still way too low for something as big as Santander. Even the CEO of MGI said they would like to ramp-up their ODL faster but Ripple could not meet the demand as fast as the CEO desired.

You're quoting two different people there though. The 50% stuff was an earlier quote about One Pay FX, right? The earlier stuff in your paragraph was this guy's quote just the other day about those 4 corridors.

And how do you explain 'tight spreads'? Is that just in relation to fiat to fiat spreads, or could it be about XRP liquidity? I'm asking because I'm not sure myself.