tomb

Vitalik Buterin's Ripple Wallet

Really??

i thought Buterin was negative on Ripple. This will be interesting.

Edited by Guest

I believe there's an interview where he says he was going to work for Ripple, but had a visa problem. 

He has mentioned parts of Ripple that inspired Ethereum and also said he believes a dozen banks would be less likely to collude than a few mining pools. Overall, I think his view of Ripple is positive. 

Looks like Arthur activated his address.

24 minutes ago, Omnis said:

Where did you hear that? I believe he collaborated some ideas with Arthur and Stefan on Codius (from memory???)

I remember to have seen some tweets from Vitalik where he's rather stating that Ethereum and Ripple (even with Codius extension plans at that time) are complementary and targeting different problems with a different solution. In his view Ethereum is not at all targeting forex markets.

7 hours ago, tomb said:

Thought it would be fun to share.

I didn't know he had a Ripple Wallet. 

2 hours ago, Professor Hantzen said:

I see the poor bastard's lost ~8 BTC by leaving it with Snapswap.  (I guess his own coins $4.1 billion market cap might make him feel better though.)

Something tells me they weren't worth 8k when he ran some of his experiments.  :)  Even a millionaire can find a use for 8k. 

27 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Something tells me they weren't worth 8k when he ran some of his experiments.  :)  Even a millionaire can find a use for 8k. 

Ranged from around a half to a third of the current value at that time.  And I agree... he could buy some XRP with it at least. ;)