youngdude

What's your drop dead give up date?

Let us be honest. There is no such thing as "money you can afford to lose.'

If there was, you would not need to invest it in hopes of a return.

There is just 'would hurt a little to lose money' and 'wife, please do not leave me money.'

Let us see how this all plays out. I am pretty confident the next 2 years will make up our minds for us. We will either be sub cent or over 10 dollars. 

I fear for anyone who believes XRP will be anwhere near 10 USD by next year or the year after.

Called Eoy 0.40 USD 2019, I was some way off it appears.

Eoy 2020, 0.11 USD.

I will have to hold to certain oblivion lol !

It is fun and exciting as its so new, but understand the OP's fears and worries.

I may add, that it does become annoying & tiresome, seeing ripple executives and the CTO flying all around the world staying in plush hotels and enjoying 5* Michellin restaurants whilst we are fretting over a few cents here and there.

I suppose, "It is, what it is" - Anonymous

8 minutes ago, Rutski said:

2022. XRP should be rolling by then if not I’m afraid competition will catch up at the point and or technology will change. 

I don't understand the drop dead dates people arbitrarily choose and the supporting argument that the competition will catch up...liquidity will be the base utility grows from (as far as I understand it anyways), and that's going to take time to build, so as long as that's improving over time, how does someone magically "catch up"? and I think people need to reconcile themselves with the idea its gonna take years to get there, i'm resigned to anywhere from 3 to 8/9 years before we see any appreciable sustained price upwards movement (which admittedly are totally arbitrary figures as well).

41 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

I don't understand the drop dead dates people arbitrarily choose and the supporting argument that the competition will catch up...liquidity will be the base utility grows from (as far as I understand it anyways), and that's going to take time to build, so as long as that's improving over time, how does someone magically "catch up"? and I think people need to reconcile themselves with the idea its gonna take years to get there, i'm resigned to anywhere from 3 to 8/9 years before we see any appreciable sustained price upwards movement (which admittedly are totally arbitrary figures as well).

This ^ 

Caveat:

Brad Garlighouse is 48 years, do you think he wants to be Ripple CEO for another 10 years waiting for this to take off ....? - Food for thought..

But I do also think anywhere from 5 -10 years from 2020.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:34 PM, youngdude said:

I've been in since Oct 2017 and for all intents and purposes held the whole way. I'll be lying if I said it wasn't at least slightly discouraging to hear those "don't look at or worry about price till X date" type of posts, where X keeps getting pushed back as time goes on. I get that Ripple is progressing just fine and I'm happy for Ripple. At the same time, 99.9% of us don't benefit directly from Ripple's success unless XRP appreciates.

I'm asking you, for you personally, what the date is when you'll acquiesce XRP isn't gonna work out as you thought it would investment-wise (assuming no significant appreciation before the date).

For me, I'm giving this 2 more years. If 2022 rolls around and we are still below 50 cents, I'm cutting bait. Of course it could go to 0 or skyrocket before that date too. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait till then. And I'll refrain from bitching about price or whatever as I haven't till now or from now till that date.

I also invested in XRP back in October 2017 and haven't sold much since (which I sincerely regret now, but hindsight is 20/20). I am willing to hold on to my investment for a time period of 5 years in order to see if it will flourish. I will reevaluate by then whether I cut my losses or hold longer.

Edited by Quaed

54 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Not until 10+ dollars, i threw away my nano ledger and recovery seeds to ensure that I don’t sell prematurely. 

You could escrow your own XRP instead. I wonder if you can escrow based on price too..

On 11/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, youngdude said:

I've been in since Oct 2017 and for all intents and purposes held the whole way. I'll be lying if I said it wasn't at least slightly discouraging to hear those "don't look at or worry about price till X date" type of posts, where X keeps getting pushed back as time goes on. I get that Ripple is progressing just fine and I'm happy for Ripple. At the same time, 99.9% of us don't benefit directly from Ripple's success unless XRP appreciates.

I'm asking you, for you personally, what the date is when you'll acquiesce XRP isn't gonna work out as you thought it would investment-wise (assuming no significant appreciation before the date).

For me, I'm giving this 2 more years. If 2022 rolls around and we are still below 50 cents, I'm cutting bait. Of course it could go to 0 or skyrocket before that date too. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait till then. And I'll refrain from bitching about price or whatever as I haven't till now or from now till that date.

So, just so I’m clear...if XRP “only” returns an average annual return of 14% over your five year window, you’re out?

This is twice the average annual long term stock market returns!

2 hours ago, MatinMontreal said:

So, just so I’m clear...if XRP “only” returns an average annual return of 14% over your five year window, you’re out?

This is twice the average annual long term stock market returns!

But that's not really acceptable, since the risk is soooo much greater. 

Edited by baobeiiiii