youngdude

What's your drop dead give up date?

I've been in since Oct 2017 and for all intents and purposes held the whole way. I'll be lying if I said it wasn't at least slightly discouraging to hear those "don't look at or worry about price till X date" type of posts, where X keeps getting pushed back as time goes on. I get that Ripple is progressing just fine and I'm happy for Ripple. At the same time, 99.9% of us don't benefit directly from Ripple's success unless XRP appreciates.

I'm asking you, for you personally, what the date is when you'll acquiesce XRP isn't gonna work out as you thought it would investment-wise (assuming no significant appreciation before the date).

For me, I'm giving this 2 more years. If 2022 rolls around and we are still below 50 cents, I'm cutting bait. Of course it could go to 0 or skyrocket before that date too. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait till then. And I'll refrain from bitching about price or whatever as I haven't till now or from now till that date.

Edited by youngdude

For the time being, I have not seen any proof that there is a strong case for XRP to fail.

Ripple continue to make progress with RippleNet and using XRP as settlement and other smaller use cases for XRP continue to appear here and there

The conclusion that I would draw for the time being is that the market is not properly valuing digital assets and thus XRP is likely undervalued.

The crypto market is so volatile, unregulated, manipulated, and irrational, that it would be silly to sell at this time. The market needs to mature for a bit before the prices mean anything.

Unless you need the money you invested in XRP, I would encourage you to wait a while and see how Ripple progresses with getting banks to settle with XRP. As long as XRP is being used, then you can at least be sure that XRP is not going away like most other digital assets will.

Having said that, I, like most people, will take some profits during the next big surge if that ever happens.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

Even if the use case goes dead and the price drops to 0, you're better off holding this.  My money is set aside here and it is my Plan B.  I'm working for early retirement already and so if XRP can get me there faster, so be it.  If not, oh well, it was a chance that I was willing to take.  Selling it all for a measly 20k 6 years down the road because it never really went anywhere isn't something I'd do; I'd rather just work more at that point.

I can agree in sentiment with what you are seemingly saying, and God forbid if 2022 rolls around and Ripple is still making progress without its reflection in XRP price, I can't imagine what I'll do then even if I have a “plan” now.

I have often wondered if adoption takes off and there are more use cases on the horizon when would one sell?  If you make it to your sell date and the potential for greater returns when do you cut loose and cash in?  It would be a good problem to have.  I think this early in the game it is best to keep cool and follow progress, reevaluate and hold strong.  Adoption is just happening.

9 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

no specific date. i'll sell some time after the next btc bubble peaks.

The value of Bitcoin no longer has an effect on the price of XRP.

This was demonstrated when Bitcoin went back up to around 12k after falling to 4k. During this rise, XRP stayed at around 30 cents

Edited by Moonraker

4 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

The value of Bitcoin no longer has an effect on the price of XRP.

This was demonstrated when Bitcoin went back up to around 12k after falling to 4k. During this rise, XRP stayed at around 30 cents

I hope you are right.

I hope before 2022 I see a sign of accelerated adoption of ODL. And after that banks that use XRP directly (which I think is still pretty unlikely).

Let's hope we get some regulatory clarity in the US but this could push XRP/Ripple back another few years. In the mean time this allows others to bring something else to the market.

53 minutes ago, youngdude said:

I've been in since Oct 2017 and for all intents and purposes held the whole way. I'll be...

Hello whale. Sorry, we are not giving you our target exits so you can coordinate your algorithms to get out weak hands. No weak hands here.

(I agree with the 'when Ripple stops making progress' thing)

I hope my drop dead date is not today.  I hope it’s not tomorrow.  But it’s coming,   like it is for all of us.

At my age and above we are aware that we don’t have forever left,  much more aware than most of you reading this.  Having said that...  

I don’t have much invested in XRP but it is definitely staying there.  I can’t see any date I would give up unless it was universally acknowledged that the project is dead.  And in that case,  the price would have long since collapsed to near zero and my tiny pile wouldn’t be worth trying to sell.

So no date to give up whatsoever.

But I ain’t got forever,  so a moon soon would be much appreciated.   :) 

1 hour ago, youngdude said:

What's your drop dead give up date?

Brad's give up date.

46 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Hello whale. Sorry, we are not giving you our target exits so you can coordinate your algorithms to get out weak hands. No weak hands here.

(I agree with the 'when Ripple stops making progress' thing)

I wish what you said were true.