mandelbaum

49.9 Billion in Escrow.

1 hour ago, panmores said:

Wow, someone picked up the first whole escrow lot? That'd be a key moment... :clapping:

100 million less 'in escrow', not 1 billion. 

Some other points:
- can't tell if it's a single buyer.
- some if not all of the 100 million is pending and might go back in escrow.

10 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

100 million less 'in escrow', not 1 billion. 

Some other points:
- can't tell if it's a single buyer.
- some if not all of the 100 million is pending and might go back in escrow.

Rubbing my eyes after sleepless weekend and mixing up 0s... thanks, of course the escrow yo-yo will go up again. So this whole thread is a non-event.

12 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

I think this is an interesting note at the bottom...

image.png.d8b82f8e73087858ffc6c2a5ca222f53.png

Interesting but the * refers to 'TOTAL XRP DISTRIBUTED' and not to 'TOTAL XRP PLACED IN ESCROW'....

1 minute ago, Undershoes said:

Can someone help me understand what this is significant? Thanks - 

Just some advice...... try and do a little research on your own...it will help you not get led astray by someone you thinks sounds intelligent.

The significance that is eluded to here is that we are finally getting close to the point that @Ripple controls/ owns less than half of the available XRP.

Some in the "haters of XRP" camp have used the percentage as a way to stir the pot on who really controls XRP.

Others even use this to push the argument that it is "Centralized" because of this percentage of ownership.

DYOR   

40 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

The significance that is eluded to here is that we are finally getting close to the point that @Ripple controls/ owns less than half of the available XRP.

When you take into account the xrp that is owned by Ripple and not currently escrowed, then we are still a long long way from that point.

10 minutes ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

When you take into account the xrp that is owned by Ripple and not currently escrowed, then we are still a long long way from that point.

yep....but was trying to explain why some might feel this is significant.  

On 11/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, itcdominic said:

yep....but was trying to explain why some might feel this is significant.  

It is not necessary to own 51% to control the market. Even if ripple sells xrp at market price it can determine the direction by just a fraction of the total circulating amount. The question for me is if they are primarily interested in xrp price or volume. I think they want to increase volume and number of customers. Price is a secondary issue for ripple as company (just my opinion as unexperienced in the field).

Edited by JJJ2