Sign in to follow this  
tony71

Does this sound like the Shane Ellis Theory??

XRPs Price will move in waves. It is inevitable. There will be no steady increase. This is how rich people get rich they can weather the storm of a stock going no where for years before it takes off. They just keep buying more and never have to liquidate their holdings.

The only similarity is the idea of a quick price increase.

David Schwartz appears to be saying that steady XRP appreciation would present value and new investors would catch on, driving the price up quickly.

The Shane Ellis theory is that ODL customers (xRapid at the time of Ellis's public theory) would buy up a single exchange's order books "overnight" to say - $500 - to expand liquidity for larger movements. This idea falters when it assumes all exchanges' prices for XRP would climb and sustain the new price level.

Edited by BurnBag

3 hours ago, BurnBag said:

The only similarity is the idea of a quick price increase.

David Schwartz appears to be saying that steady XRP appreciation would present value and new investors would catch on, driving the price up quickly.

The Shane Ellis theory is that ODL customers (xRapid at the time of Ellis's public theory) would buy up a single exchange's order books "overnight" to say - $500 - to expand liquidity for larger movements. This idea falters when it assumes all exchanges' prices for XRP would climb and sustain the new price level.

“David Schwartz appears to be saying that steady XRP appreciation would present value and new investors would catch on, driving the price up quickly.”

I got this part too but it seems he is saying he doesn’t want retailers like us holding on to Xrp and not selling since they will need the supply. So the over night spike would make us want to sell.  Then they can get rid of the retailers. 

Edited by tony71

5 minutes ago, tony71 said:

“David Schwartz appears to be saying that steady XRP appreciation would present value and new investors would catch on, driving the price up quickly.”

I got this paper too but it seems he is saying he doesn’t want retailers like us holding on to Xrp and not selling since they will need the supply. So the over night spike would make us want to sell.  Then they can get rid of the retailers. 

yes this is perhaps right, but DS is being very naive if he thinks many will sell or that more retailers won't come in wanting to buy XRP as an investment asset to sit on

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

yes this is perhaps right, but DS is being very naive if he thinks many will sell or that more retailers won't come in wanting to buy XRP as an investment asset to sit on

It’s all human emotions.  I guarantee you if you woke up tomorrow and XRP is $50 you probably will sell.  We don’t know our true selves until we are really tempted 

3 hours ago, BurnBag said:

This idea falters when it assumes all exchanges' prices for XRP would climb and sustain the new price level.

That’s true but it also and probably more quickly falls down because the books are not static.  The market makers will place more liquidity into the book as it starts to drain the existing.

1 hour ago, tony71 said:

I got this part too but it seems he is saying he doesn’t want retailers like us holding on to Xrp and not selling since they will need the supply.

I do not think that is correct.  I can’t see how you got to that conclusion.

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s true but it also and probably more quickly falls down because the books are not static.  The market makers will place more liquidity into the book as it starts to drain the existing.

Correct, we are saying the same thing regarding sustainability.

The Ellis idea relies on a single exchange to be the catalyst - this won't work. The Schwartz idea relies on market demand.

Not much meat here.

The Shane Ellis """"""""""""""theory"""""""""""""" relies on ignorance of how the wider market works.  I can't believe this has to be debunked over and over and over.  The theory takes an exchange in complete isolation and thinks ALL OTHER EXCHANGES would somehow (bizzarely) just follow the price of that single exchange.  "Suzie Esoteric Systems" says that the exchange that sees a price spike would go to other exchanges and publicly buy XRP (since they're all out of XRP) and that would drive the price up on other exchanges.  This is like a supermarket running out of fruit and veg so they go to other supermarkets and retail-buy fruit and veg from their rivals.  It's like wholesale isn't a thing.  It's like Ripple selling XRP wholesale (programmatic sales) isn't a thing and that an exchange could buy off Ripple with a couple of mouse-clicks.  No, that can't happen apparently - the exchange would weirdly buy it on Coinbase's retail app like some 13 year old kid, driving up Coinbase's price.  Then Brian Armstrong, in a mad panic, would log into his retail Bitrue account and buy up XRP there, to stock up Coinbase's XRP.  Hurr durr $589.  Also, apparently arbitrage doesn't exist according to this theory.  Nor does the theory take into account that there's a sell on another exchange....so if the theory is correct, then the sell would have an equal and opposite impact on price....even though in reality two exchanges that represent a tiny tiny percentage of overall XRP volume have minimal impact on XRP's price on other exchanges.   Let's even imagine that the theory works....who on earth is going to buy the $5 or $50 or $500 XRPs on this one exchange when they're available for 28 cents on other exchanges? Arbitrage smoothes out price differences across exchanges.  Exchanges also put their own asks if a order book gets too thin....remember that exchanges buy XRP, right? Why do you think they do that?  I shouldn't bother countering the theory....everytime I sever its head, two more heads pop up.  

Edited by 2ndtimearound

11 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

The Shane Ellis """"""""""""""theory"""""""""""""" relies on ignorance of how the wider market works.  I can't believe this has to be debunked over and over and over.  The theory takes an exchange in complete isolation and thinks ALL OTHER EXCHANGES would somehow (bizzarely) just follow the price of that single exchange.  "Suzie Esoteric Systems" says that the exchange that sees a price spike would go to other exchanges and publicly buy XRP (since they're all out of XRP) and that would drive the price up on other exchanges.  This is like a supermarket running out of fruit and veg so they go to other supermarkets and retail-buy fruit and veg from their rivals.  It's like wholesale isn't a thing.  It's like Ripple selling XRP wholesale (programmatic sales) isn't a thing and that an exchange could buy off Ripple with a couple of mouse-clicks.  No, that can't happen apparently - the exchange would weirdly buy it on Coinbase's retail app like some 13 year old kid, driving up Coinbase's price.  Then Brian Armstrong, in a mad panic, would log into his retail Bitrue account and buy up XRP there, to stock up Coinbase's XRP.  Hurr durr $589.  Also, apparently arbitrage doesn't exist according to this theory.  Nor does the theory take into account that there's a sell on another exchange....so if the theory is correct, then the sell would have an equal and opposite impact on price....even though in reality two exchanges that represent a tiny tiny percentage of overall XRP volume have minimal impact on XRP's price on other exchanges.   Let's even imagine that the theory works....who on earth is going to buy the $5 or $50 or $500 XRPs on this one exchange when they're available for 28 cents on other exchanges? Arbitrage smoothes out price differences across exchanges.  Exchanges also put their own asks if a order book gets too thin....remember that exchanges buy XRP, right? Why do you think they do that?  I shouldn't bother countering the theory....everytime I sever its head, two more heads pop up.  

Apparently, paragraphs don’t exist either!

trump mi GIF

23 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Apparently, paragraphs don’t exist either!

trump mi GIF

***TO SAVE YOU FROM HAVING  A STROKE***

The Shane Ellis """"""""""""""theory"""""""""""""" relies on ignorance of how the wider market works.  I can't believe this has to be debunked over and over and over. 

The theory takes an exchange in complete isolation and thinks ALL OTHER EXCHANGES would somehow (bizzarely) just follow the price of that single exchange.  "Suzie Esoteric Systems" says that the exchange that sees a price spike would go to other exchanges and publicly buy XRP (since they're all out of XRP) and that would drive the price up on other exchanges. 

This is like a supermarket running out of fruit and veg so they go to other supermarkets and retail-buy fruit and veg from their rivals.  It's like wholesale isn't a thing.  It's like Ripple selling XRP wholesale (programmatic sales) isn't a thing and that an exchange could buy off Ripple with a couple of mouse-clicks. 

No, that can't happen apparently - the exchange would weirdly buy it on Coinbase's retail app like some 13 year old kid, driving up Coinbase's price.  Then Brian Armstrong, in a mad panic, would log into his retail Bitrue account and buy up XRP there, to stock up Coinbase's XRP.  Hurr durr $589.  Also, apparently arbitrage doesn't exist according to this theory. 

Nor does the theory take into account that there's a sell on another exchange....so if the theory is correct, then the sell would have an equal and opposite impact on price....even though in reality two exchanges that represent a tiny tiny percentage of overall XRP volume have minimal impact on XRP's price on other exchanges.  

Let's even imagine that the theory works....who on earth is going to buy the $5 or $50 or $500 XRPs on this one exchange when they're available for 28 cents on other exchanges? Arbitrage smoothes out price differences across exchanges. 

Exchanges also put their own asks if a order book gets too thin....remember that exchanges buy XRP, right? Why do you think they do that? 

I shouldn't bother countering the theory....everytime I sever its head, two more heads pop up.  

On 11/9/2019 at 10:49 PM, tony71 said:

Seems lots of people may have missed this about David Swartz talking about the price movement.    It’s an interesting take and I remember Shane Ellis mentioned price spiking up over night. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/XrpMr/status/1193254806074191872

No, David may be saying that it may move up in step but it isn't going from 30 cents to $500 anytime.

Shane Ellis theory is something completely fabricated from magic dust just like the "pre-allocation" theory and all those other xrp conspiracy theories.

Edited by Archbob

On 11/11/2019 at 1:07 AM, 2ndtimearound said:

Sometimes it just isn’t worth the effort. 

Sign in to follow this