Sign in to follow this  
JannaOneTrick

MoneyGram is shortly opening 4 new corridors by EOY 2019

Yeah Alex Holmes is bought in.
Sam I Am I think said that 10% is $4M USD per day for MGI (today) so ~$40M USD per day potential for this MGI corridor running @ 100%.

And if and when that happens I expect them to begin stealing customers from other providers such as their arch nemesis Western Union meaning, this number has the potential to go north even more.

39 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Yeah Alex Holmes is bought in.
Sam I Am I think said that 10% is $4M USD per day for MGI (today) so ~$40M USD per day potential for this MGI corridor running @ 100%.

And if and when that happens I expect them to begin stealing customers from other providers such as their arch nemesis Western Union meaning, this number has the potential to go north even more.

If it works and saves money it is interesting that they do not put it all through.  Obviously there is a technical reason for this.  Perhaps too little liquidity to carry this much money on this corridor, but the number of transactions goes up every day, indicating the corridor is getting able to handle more every day.  It seems to be going up in a straight line, as if there is someone adding a bit more liquidity everyday.  So the growth is not from growth of customer demand, but from the release of some sort of technical restriction that is being lifted by those managing the corridor.

661034941_Screenshot_2019-11-08liquidity-index.thumb.jpg.4902aff16c76ab04efebe3e1b189ed8a.jpg

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

If it works and saves money it is interesting that they do not put it all through.  Obviously there is a technical reason for this.  Perhaps too little liquidity to carry this much money on this corridor, but the number of transactions goes up every day, indicating the corridor is getting able to handle more every day.  It seems to be going up in a straight line, as if there is someone adding a bit more liquidity everyday.  So the growth is not from growth of customer demand, but from the release of some sort of technical restriction that is being lifted by those managing the corridor.

661034941_Screenshot_2019-11-08liquidity-index.thumb.jpg.4902aff16c76ab04efebe3e1b189ed8a.jpg

Does RippleNet Home play a key role in allowing FI's to quickly partner and build liquidity in new corridors (at an exponential rate once it is launched and used widely)? 

If so, is the application limited to FI's who have purchased and upgraded toRipple's enterprise software, or is it accessible to new prospects as well?

30 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Does RippleNet Home play a key role in allowing FI's to quickly partner and build liquidity in new corridors (at an exponential rate once it is launched and used widely)? 

If so, is the application limited to FI's who have purchased and upgraded toRipple's enterprise software, or is it accessible to new prospects as well?

I think you are correct - there is a big network bonus.  The IoV will explode as it is joins people up.  What was the example? - when the first phone line was laid they had no-one to talk to, but once a few people joined it became much more useful to have a  phone and attractive for others to join.  The same thing happened with email.  In my opinion IoV will be far faster and far more explosive than the embryonic internet was.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think you are correct - there is a big network bonus.  The IoV will explode as it is joins people up.  What was the example? - when the first phone line was laid they had no-one to talk to, but once a few people joined it became much more useful to have a  phone and attractive for others to join.  The same thing happened with email.  In my opinion IoV will be far faster and far more explosive than the embryonic internet was.

Thanks for the response - I agree with your perspective on this. What I am really curious on is understanding the barriers to entry for RippleNet Home. If memory serves me correctly, FI's that have partnered with Ripple typically spend $1-2MM in integration costs and the process used to take months, but has been made more efficient and has been cut down to weeks. Once Ripple's product suite is integrated, the partner gains access to RippleNet and can recoup those costs in ~2 years or less. I also understand that those FI's on RippleNet can make money by providing liquidity to other institutions (even those that don't have Ripple tech installed?).

What is the barrier for entry/use for RippleNet Home? Is it an independent application that organizations (outside of RippleNet partners) can quickly integrate and deploy? Can FI's that don't have direct ties to Ripple benefit from this application quickly & seamlessly, or will its network effects be limited by the time it takes Ripple to set up/integrate new partners and qualified exchanges?