ElMoskito

Ripple Prices Surge to 4-Month High

Seems unusual for Coindesk to post an article like this on Ripple. Nice little piece though. If newcomers click through and read the other other links it could help sustain the momentum.

Edited by Xi195

Guest Vinnie

This is what Ripple has been needing for 2+ years now, some journalism in cryptocurrency news and blogs!

Guest Dizer

@Vinnie, I would be the happiest man if this rally is different. But we've been here before. I believe on the last rally it went up to $0.009 before it came down crashing to $0.0059. So, I'm holding my excitement until we cross 2 cents and STAY THERE!.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

This is what Ripple has been needing for 2+ years now, some journalism in cryptocurrency news and blogs!

If they promote the crap out of XRP right now we can catch the alt coin wave. Need to get XRP well above 1c and then it should keep going. 

Guest Vinnie
50 minutes ago, Morty said:

If they promote the crap out of XRP right now we can catch the alt coin wave. Need to get XRP well above 1c and then it should keep going. 

Yep, this is what I'd like to see: Banner ads on coinmarketcap.com, sponsored posts on Reddit, signature campaign on bitcointalk.org, and a full-court press on the digital currency media with articles and editorials on why RCL/XRP is going to be the Next Big Thing.

I don't want to hear about boring cross border payments, bank consortiums, and endless "proof of concept" - Lets take this directly to the people (you know, the people who put $26b of market cap into all cryptos)!

Edited by Vinnie

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yep, this is what I'd like to see: Banner ads on coinmarketcap.com, sponsored posts on Reddit, signature campaign on bitcointalk.org, and a full-court press on the digital currency media with articles and editorials on why RCL/XRP is going to be the Next Big Thing.

I don't want to hear about boring cross border payments, bank consortiums, and endless "proof of concept" - Lets take this directly to the people (you know, the people who put $26b of market cap into all cryptos)!

MAKE XRP SEXY! 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Is that you Jed? :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Greeny said:

It was number 3 for the longest time.  Only in the past few months did DASH and MONERO overtake it.  Not sure why this was a big deal.

It was number 2 before ethereum was created ;)

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

This.

While XRP has surged similarly numerous times, I haven't actually seen it doing so on the kind of volumes right now - although in the past I wasn't looking super hard as I didn't hold any then. I mean today on coinmarketcap.com they're reporting $18 million turnover which is higher than DASH today, although admittedly DASH is having a slow day. Certainly a change from recent months when $0.5 mil was a reasonably good day for volume.

Ripple should ALWAYS have been promoting XRP to crypto-enthusiasts and I view it as a lapse that this didn't happen as well as it should have. Even if their main game is institutional players, having individual crypto-enthusiasts onboard is actually important and good for price stability/appreciation and volume, especially in these early days before institutions (hopefully) start to be more active with XRP. Frankly, they also owed it to these people who bought XRP, and I think in the past maybe Ripple didn't "pay" what it "owed" to them in certain sense. Not to bag Ripple, I think its governance has been very good, for example I think they handled Jed's exit with grace and foresight.

For sure XRP related information is needed in blogs, news, posts et cetera - we have to get out of the xrpchat echo chamber and onto mainstream sites crypto-enthusiasts look at.

Also Jed's remaining XRP will sell down much faster if higher volume is sustained.

Edited by playingpoodles
grammar