Sukovsky

Swell

13 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

It's entirely your decision, and if you did your own research and still feel like it is time to hang things up, that is a decision worth respecting.

XRP is one of my biggest bags, but what helps keep me in line with my risk management, and to avoid FOMO of other digital assets pumping is to diversify.

If that isn't in your realm already, it might be worth considering.

By stepping away, I do not mean selling. When I feel disillusioned by it all I find not following crypto at all in my life helps a lot. 

@Cesar1810 yes the escrow occurred in December 2017.  I miss-wrote, i really meant the "announcement of the escrow" and the bitcoin run up caused the XRP price pumps.

In Mid May 2017 Ripple announced that they they would put 55 billion XRP in Escrow.  https://www.ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/ The rumors of the escrow are what pushed the price in spring of 2017. Chart below.

When the Escrow was actually put in place there was no run up prior or at that time December 7, 2017 https://www.ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-55-billion-xrp-for-supply-predictability/  The actual escrow (in my opinion didn't pump the price of XRP at all) didn't start moving until December 11, 2017 which was more related to the run up in bitcoin at the time and all ALTS were running then.

escrow.png

2 hours ago, Eric123 said:

The actual escrow (in my opinion didn't pump the price of XRP at all) didn't start moving until December 11, 2017 which was more related to the run up in bitcoin at the time and all ALTS were running then.

I differ on that.  At the time everyone was saying ‘it’s priced in’ but I think it wasn’t....  many doubted they would actually do it.   There was a massive surge of interest after it was performed,  and at the time there were multi-day lags before someone could buy.  The lag matched the start of the run.

One day I’m going to look at google trends for that period and I bet the spike happened when the escrow news started bouncing around.  Then the fiat lag,  then the boom.  That’s my opinion but I could be wrong.

8 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

By stepping away, I do not mean selling. When I feel disillusioned by it all I find not following crypto at all in my life helps a lot. 

I think despair comes from having your expectations dashed again and again.  I manage this by having very few or no expectations about price growing at the moment, my expectations are more centred on getting news of continued growth of the XRP ecosystem, with long term expectations that at some time the existence of utility they will cause a spectacular growth bubble from which I will benefit financially.

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

many doubted they would actually do it

I know there were members of the community that were posting that they were doubtful, but I'm sure the smart money that got in prior to the official announcement back in May knew that the escrow would go through.  When it actually happened in December it didn't even cause a blip, the price movement began 4 days later.

@Julian_Williams we can call this the SWELL CURSE.  Monday or Tuesday might be a good day to buy if all plays out like the last few times.  Crypto price moment seems designed to break you heart.  It'll come back.

16 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

What a ride indeed, much like an infant at the fair ground pleading with their mum for one last go and then getting off feeling rather sick after it was over 😂 

You experienced it? Looks like you joined february this year..

On 11/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, Milly238 said:

in October 2019, ripple net did more volume than the entire 2018 did. That’s massive 

And yet nothing happened to the price. Thats also massive. Massively worrying.

Ripple seems to be doing great. And seems they really may be at the start of something pretty special - but even the most positive amongst us have got to start considering that none of this is going to shift the price of XRP in the direction we want it.

Unless they were full of $hit there are some posters in here who bought regularly all the way down. I did too but never had the money (thankfully) to sink into it on the scale others were. Again i assume a good proportion were talking BS as I have never met such a large group of people with a seemingly weekly and endless supply of spare cash to splurge at the rates they were saying.

Lots of people have lost lots of money. Apart from the early ones, and if i hear that those of us here now are early again i might have to smash my head through a wall.

I sold out at a loss as i was desperate for my money but i really am considering if i am ever going to buy back in, which i dont know why, makes me kinda sad.

26 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

And yet nothing happened to the price. Thats also massive. Massively worrying.

Ripple seems to be doing great. And seems they really may be at the start of something pretty special - but even the most positive amongst us have got to start considering that none of this is going to shift the price of XRP in the direction we want it.

Unless they were full of $hit there are some posters in here who bought regularly all the way down. I did too but never had the money (thankfully) to sink into it on the scale others were. Again i assume a good proportion were talking BS as I have never met such a large group of people with a seemingly weekly and endless supply of spare cash to splurge at the rates they were saying.

Lots of people have lost lots of money. Apart from the early ones, and if i hear that those of us here now are early again i might have to smash my head through a wall.

I sold out at a loss as i was desperate for my money but i really am considering if i am ever going to buy back in, which i dont know why, makes me kinda sad.

No it is not worrying - it is because the value of utility is still fractional in relation to the money coming in from the traditional speculative cryto-investors (who by and large BTC anti-establishment types rather than Ripple pro-establishment types)

The fact that good news has no effect on price is rather reassuring.  It tells me at least that I am buying into a market that is not factoring in the good news.  It makes more confident that I am buying at low prices.

33 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

No it is not worrying - it is because the value of utility is still fractional in relation to the money coming in from the traditional speculative cryto-investors (who by and large BTC anti-establishment types rather than Ripple pro-establishment types)

The fact that good news has no effect on price is rather reassuring.  It tells me at least that I am buying into a market that is not factoring in the good news.  It makes more confident that I am buying at low prices.

Well of course I hope you are right but it certainly feels like there is some serious clutching at straws going on regardless of what the realities of the price are.

2 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

I sold out at a loss as i was desperate for my money

this point stuck out to me and sounds like you over invested.  To be honest, I am too over invested while being roughly -50% in the red approaching 2 yrs now.

ODL just turned 1yrs old.  We now have 4 corridors open (more to follow) and actual real world usage.  300 partners and climbing, 24 of which utilize ODL. No chance I'm selling now just as the ball begins to snowball.  Wish you the best with whatever decision you make but unfortunately in this wild wild west market, fundamentals don't always reflect price. For me all doubt is gone, this is a commercial grade product gaining traction by the week.  Be patient and you will be rewarded.

2 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

it certainly feels like there is some serious clutching at straws going on regardless of what the realities of the price are.

The straw clutching will only begin if utility volumes start to swamp crypto volume (BTC, ETH) and the price hasn’t reflected that.  Until then it’s just a reality that we need to wait through.

So,  the writing is on the wall,  do we want to be the pre-positioned people or those clamouring to join when it’s already up?  No guarantees but the people who make money are not the ones that climb on after it’s obvious.

1 hour ago, Babelly said:

this point stuck out to me and sounds like you over invested.  To be honest, I am too over invested while being roughly -50% in the red approaching 2 yrs now.

ODL just turned 1yrs old.  We now have 4 corridors open (more to follow) and actual real world usage.  300 partners and climbing, 24 of which utilize ODL. No chance I'm selling now just as the ball begins to snowball.  Wish you the best with whatever decision you make but unfortunately in this wild wild west market, fundamentals don't always reflect price. For me all doubt is gone, this is a commercial grade product gaining traction by the week.  Be patient and you will be rewarded.

SNAP!  

4 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

I keep having to chant the same thing all the time. The only thing that has me holding on is that Ripple is still implementing their solution into new business all the time. The moment that they start getting removed and replaced is when I'll be forced to consider other options. I truly want this growth to eventually be the new norm to where businesses need Ripple to stay competitive.

I'm just disappointed that years can go by without the value representing the growth and real-world implementations. I'm raw to the statements that claim that this is normal... that next year is definitely the year! That whales and bots and manipulation control everything. That regulation (or no regulation) or the SEC's decision will suddenly change everything. And I'm above-and-beyond tired of the whole market shifting at the same time when there was no news that blanket-effects all crypto.

I'm absurdly optimistic in life, but I have a massively higher value for logistics. Right now, the price doesn't feel like it follows logic. The closest I can say is that people are absolutely psychologically and sociologically manipulated to act based on what they hear. Those people are the same ones that sought after celebrity appearance, name-brand goods, and are the prime people for targeted advertising. People need to stand strong and make their own decisions, else massive shifts can happen just based on one person's input.