Sukovsky

Swell

18 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

@XRP_to_20dollars I’m sorry to hear you feel that way.  I’m certain that you have it completely backward.  Right now our utility volume is minuscule.  But everything we hear says that it is going to ramp up (probably in an exponential fashion).

I think the new resilience that is unarguably present in XRP price is in part because of that tiny utility and also the growing understanding of what it represents.

IF, there is the increase we expect,  and XRP volume increases to the point where we challenge ETH (and soon after BTC) and you have seen no commensurate price increase,   THEN you can reasonably say that things look bad.

Right now thing looks great.  The price is not reflecting that yet...  but it could turn tomorrow and even if it doesn’t...   the future has never looked better.  That’s my view anyway...  

But you do you...  holding might be a big mistake.  I just don’t think that’s the most likely outcome.

I do hope so. Xrp just took another minidump. I think this maybe a time I just need to step away from it all.

To be honest, I am not very happy with the assumption that the price will increase through use either.

The argument aims at the shortage of the offer: If not enough XRP is available to transfer sum X, XRP must become inevitably more expensive around sum X to transfer to be able.

There are however over 50 billion XRP not yet around circulation, speak the offer at XRP becomes everything else than scarce, since again and again XRP can be shot into the market.

I believe also in XRP, but that makes me already worried.

I would be much happier if all 100 billion XRP were already in circulation and there would be a "real" shortage. Currently, 70-80% of escrow XRP is declining again, which means that the potential for a possible shortage (1 billion per month is not enough to cover the demand) is far from given.

This is another nice story

Brad has said that Ripple have a policy of never pre-announcing their customers!  Here is an example of a project that they have kept quiet about and let teh customer make the announcement - how many more do they have hidden in the bushes.

Edited by Julian_Williams

12 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

This is another nice story

Brad has said that Ripple have a policy of never pre-announcing their customers!  Here is an example of a project that they have kept quiet about and let teh customer make the announcement - how many more do they have hidden in the bushes.

Oh really? 

Like Uber and Amazon the dozens of banks ect?

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

he has not announced amazon or uber and he has cut back and back on his bank numbers predictions

They used to use Amazon and Uber on their promotional slides and he just went quiet for months about the banks. 

When has he commented on that?

48 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

To be honest, I am not very happy with the assumption that the price will increase through use either.

The argument aims at the shortage of the offer: If not enough XRP is available to transfer sum X, XRP must become inevitably more expensive around sum X to transfer to be able.

There are however over 50 billion XRP not yet around circulation, speak the offer at XRP becomes everything else than scarce, since again and again XRP can be shot into the market.

I believe also in XRP, but that makes me already worried.

I would be much happier if all 100 billion XRP were already in circulation and there would be a "real" shortage. Currently, 70-80% of escrow XRP is declining again, which means that the potential for a possible shortage (1 billion per month is not enough to cover the demand) is far from given.

I don't think that is the whole argument. Another aspect of it is speculation and investment (on huge scales, the way people do with gold for example). When normies encounter DAs they think "Hey this isn't money, it's just a bunch of numbers and letters." The 'imaginary monopoly money' aspect of crypto is still strong, and people have no idea why, say, people would pay 10k for a string of numbers and letters called a bitcoin. 

But when DAs become part of the real economy, which they inevitably will in one form or another, I think they will be traded and speculated upon in a similar way to commodities now. Which crypto will attract the most investment and attention? So far it has been BTC, first mover etc etc etc. But I think an assumption for many of us here is that once it becomes clear that this magical monopoly money called XRP is actually being used by serious people with serious amounts of money in serious ways, then XRP will grab a lot of that money and attention that BTC has so far had. Institutions hording XRP and all that sure would be part of it, but the other part is funds, large speculators, traders, making a market just as there is a market for gold and silver. 

2 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Feeling really down about my xrp investment at the moment. Been holding since 2017 so too stubborn to sell, would accept it going to zer0 rather than selling at this point. But here is why. Hope people can chime in with something to make me feel a bit more positive. 

1. Utility does not effect price - I know there was a lot of debate prior to the launch of xrapid about if and how ODL as it is now known, would effect price. I think that has pretty much been settled. Even with a company like moneygram and others using ODL, the nature of the buy/sell transactions has no direct impact on the price. 

2. The speculative market - just isn't there for xrp. It is a double edge'd sword. We wanted great liquidity for xrp as this would make it more usable in ODL cases. It seems also, the greater liquidity also makes the coin less susceptible to the classical big pumps (followed by dumps) that other coins see. Bitcoin will always have the first mover advantage, ETH is actually being used as shown by it's volume and the number of projects that run on ETH, and S-coins have no liquidity so are all susceptible to spikes. We seem to be stuck in this middle ground where we a re not a speculative buy and utility of our coin is not related to price as mentioned in point one. 

3. Outlook - I do not see anything positive on the horizon. This is what worries me the most as it seems now. my interests as an XRP investor and Ripples have diverged. They will be, and rightly so, be focusing on Ripplenet and expanding ODL corridors and partners. As now proven, ODL has no direct impact on price. So I do not see anything in the forseeable future that would effect the price of my xrp. 

4. Feel crap. 

I am also holding since  2017 at the current price i have a profit of 3%, more than what i get on a saving bankaccount. My average is € 0,23.

Edited by ButchMcDick

58 minutes ago, ButchMcDick said:

I am also holding since  2017 at the current price i have a profit of 3%, more than what i get on a saving bankaccount. My average is € 0,23.

Sounds like you had a chance to take some major profits in 2017 that would far exceed a lifetime's worth of savings account interest.

2 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

I do hope so. Xrp just took another minidump. I think this maybe a time I just need to step away from it all.

It's entirely your decision, and if you did your own research and still feel like it is time to hang things up, that is a decision worth respecting.

XRP is one of my biggest bags, but what helps keep me in line with my risk management, and to avoid FOMO of other digital assets pumping is to diversify.

If that isn't in your realm already, it might be worth considering.

@XRP_to_20dollars why wouldn't you feel down about your investment, it's been in the toilet for almost 2 years.  The fact that you feel like crap shows that you are still thinking.  

As far as I can tell in regards to XRP price - Charts only matter slightly for short term small moves and Ripple is only slightly relevant to the price movement.  There have really only been two events that have pumped the price of XRP - 

1.  The escrow that pumped it from .005 to .30

and

2.  The bitcoin bull run which caused the XRP and all ALTS to pump and as we know XRP went from .30 to circa 3.7.

Will Ripple's efforts pay off in the form of a higher XRP price?  Maybe.

Will bitcoin go on another bull run that will drag up all alts?  Definitely (IMO).

11 hours ago, ButchMcDick said:

Indeed, december 2017 to early january was a fun ride

What a ride indeed, much like an infant at the fair ground pleading with their mum for one last go and then getting off feeling rather sick after it was over 😂