Jump to content
Sukovsky

Swell

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Quite disappointing so far. From potentially 400 customers, now 300+ customers. Nothing of note in the keynote. 

Not looking good :(

Totally disagree.  It was said that in October 2019, ripple net did more volume than the entire 2018 did. That’s massive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Quite disappointing so far. From potentially 400 customers, now 300+ customers. Nothing of note in the keynote. 

Not looking good :(

Any chance you can share the link to watch the keynote for this years swell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mpolnet said:

@Tinyaccount @eggsarepeas @Julian_Williams @Molten - do any of you know when the videos will be available and if they'll be posted on Ripple's YouTube channel again? Hoping they'll be posted same day and not day after but unsure if this has been announced already.

EDIT: Found this. Hopefully it will be updated in real time.

https://www.xrparcade.com/swell-2019/

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I trust you found your answer though.

Aside from official Ripple channels, there are a lot of community members attending this year as well so I’m sure they will be giving updates on their social media accounts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milly238 said:

Totally disagree.  It was said that in October 2019, ripple net did more volume than the entire 2018 did. That’s massive 

That's great, but without any real numbers, that doesn't mean much. They could have done $5 in 2018 or $5 billion in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Twitter hashtag #SwellbyRipple

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SwellbyRipple?src=hashtag_click

Members of the Ripple Community

EIvEVNCU8AAl6IA?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Do we know who any of them are?   I think @ecent is the very happy polar bear fourth from right at back.  The un-delighted David needs no intro.  Is that Tiffany behind him?   Susie to his left?

Anyone else identify any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Do we know who any of them are?   I think @ecent is the very happy polar bear fourth from right at back.  The un-delighted David needs no intro.  Is that Tiffany behind him?   Susie to his left?

Anyone else identify any?

The fellow on David's right is MR B XRP (Twitter Handle) I think.  Digital Asset Investor is on the end of the back row.  Leonidas Hadjiloizou is beside him.  I think the guy with the grey vest on in the front row is Brad Kimes.   

That's all I can identify atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling really down about my xrp investment at the moment. Been holding since 2017 so too stubborn to sell, would accept it going to zer0 rather than selling at this point. But here is why. Hope people can chime in with something to make me feel a bit more positive. 

1. Utility does not effect price - I know there was a lot of debate prior to the launch of xrapid about if and how ODL as it is now known, would effect price. I think that has pretty much been settled. Even with a company like moneygram and others using ODL, the nature of the buy/sell transactions has no direct impact on the price. 

2. The speculative market - just isn't there for xrp. It is a double edge'd sword. We wanted great liquidity for xrp as this would make it more usable in ODL cases. It seems also, the greater liquidity also makes the coin less susceptible to the classical big pumps (followed by dumps) that other coins see. Bitcoin will always have the first mover advantage, ETH is actually being used as shown by it's volume and the number of projects that run on ETH, and S-coins have no liquidity so are all susceptible to spikes. We seem to be stuck in this middle ground where we a re not a speculative buy and utility of our coin is not related to price as mentioned in point one. 

3. Outlook - I do not see anything positive on the horizon. This is what worries me the most as it seems now. my interests as an XRP investor and Ripples have diverged. They will be, and rightly so, be focusing on Ripplenet and expanding ODL corridors and partners. As now proven, ODL has no direct impact on price. So I do not see anything in the forseeable future that would effect the price of my xrp. 

4. Feel crap. 

Edited by XRP_to_20dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Feeling really down about my xrp investment at the moment. Been holding since 2017 so too stubborn to sell, would accept it going to zer0 rather than selling at this point. But here is why. Hope people can chime in with something to make me feel a bit more positive. 

1. Utility does not effect price - I know there was a lot of debate prior to the launch of xrapid about if and how ODL as it is now known, would effect price. I think that has pretty much been settled. Even with a company like moneygram and others using ODL, the nature of the buy/sell transactions has no direct impact on the price. 

2. The speculative market - just isn't there for xrp. It is a double edge'd sword. We wanted great liquidity for xrp as this would make it more usable in ODL cases. It seems also, the greater liquidity also makes the coin less susceptible to the classical big pumps (followed by dumps) that other coins see. Bitcoin will always have the first mover advantage, ETH is actually being used as shown by it's volume and the number of projects that run on ETH, and S-coins have no liquidity so are all susceptible to spikes. We seem to be stuck in this middle ground where we a re not a speculative buy and utility of our coin is not related to price as mentioned in point one. 

3. Outlook - I do not see anything positive on the horizon. This is what worries me the most as it seems now. my interests as an XRP investor and Ripples have diverged. They will be, and rightly so, be focusing on Ripplenet and expanding ODL corridors and partners. As now proven, ODL has no direct impact on price. So I do not see anything in the forseeable future that would effect the price of my xrp. 

4. Feel crap. 

1.  Untrue - usage affects price in many ways.  This is settled the opposite way to the one you suggest.

2.  The old style crypto market has always been anti XRP.  Basically crypto followers/investors come from an anti establishment tradition and are highly susceptible to the sort of FUD put out by BTC max .  The new Investors coming in from contact with FI and XPring projects will be pro-establishment.  So again I come to the opposite conclusion to you.

3. ODL uses XRP and has a direct impact on price.  At present the value of the ODL market is about a million a day, but ti is expected to reach 3 million by Christams and expanded X7 during 2019

4. Yes, your reaction is very emotional.   Despairing, often described as the last phase of a bear market before it turns.

 

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Feeling really down about my xrp investment at the moment. Been holding since 2017 so too stubborn to sell, would accept it going to zer0 rather than selling at this point. But here is why. Hope people can chime in with something to make me feel a bit more positive. 

1. Utility does not effect price - I know there was a lot of debate prior to the launch of xrapid about if and how ODL as it is now known, would effect price. I think that has pretty much been settled. Even with a company like moneygram and others using ODL, the nature of the buy/sell transactions has no direct impact on the price. 

2. The speculative market - just isn't there for xrp. It is a double edge'd sword. We wanted great liquidity for xrp as this would make it more usable in ODL cases. It seems also, the greater liquidity also makes the coin less susceptible to the classical big pumps (followed by dumps) that other coins see. Bitcoin will always have the first mover advantage, ETH is actually being used as shown by it's volume and the number of projects that run on ETH, and S-coins have no liquidity so are all susceptible to spikes. We seem to be stuck in this middle ground where we a re not a speculative buy and utility of our coin is not related to price as mentioned in point one. 

3. Outlook - I do not see anything positive on the horizon. This is what worries me the most as it seems now. my interests as an XRP investor and Ripples have diverged. They will be, and rightly so, be focusing on Ripplenet and expanding ODL corridors and partners. As now proven, ODL has no direct impact on price. So I do not see anything in the forseeable future that would effect the price of my xrp. 

4. Feel crap. 

utility & odl will affect price, just not yet... the speculative market (retail) isnt there for any coins, its just bots & tether atm... the outlook is fantastic, the flywheel is spinning, momentum's building, ripple &  xrp is a happening thing...

feel crap? have a drink... 8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@XRP_to_20dollars I’m sorry to hear you feel that way.  I’m certain that you have it completely backward.  Right now our utility volume is minuscule.  But everything we hear says that it is going to ramp up (probably in an exponential fashion).

I think the new resilience that is unarguably present in XRP price is in part because of that tiny utility and also the growing understanding of what it represents.

IF, there is the increase we expect,  and XRP volume increases to the point where we challenge ETH (and soon after BTC) and you have seen no commensurate price increase,   THEN you can reasonably say that things look bad.

Right now thing looks great.  The price is not reflecting that yet...  but it could turn tomorrow and even if it doesn’t...   the future has never looked better.  That’s my view anyway...  

But you do you...  holding might be a big mistake.  I just don’t think that’s the most likely outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...