Sign in to follow this  
itcdominic

Are Ripple employees allowed to buy and own XRP?

(IMO) XRP shouldn't be inferred that it is comparable to a stock. The staff all probably know not to make an investment out of XRP, when they can actually buy shares in the company being a way more profitable and stable investment. XRP is a utility, not an investment vehicle. If you want an investment opportunity buy shares into the companies that invest into XRP and not the asset itself.

Edited by Scout

1 hour ago, Scout said:

(IMO) XRP shouldn't be inferred that it is comparable to a stock. The staff all probably know better, than to make an investment out of XRP, when they can actually buy shares in the company. A way more profitable and stable investment, XRP is a utility not an investment vehicle. If you want an investment opportunity buy shares into the companies that invest into XRP and not the asset itself.

I agree XRP is far from a stock but let me ask you a few questions.

1. Because this is a completely new market will you concede that we don’t yet know how the digital assets who serve a valuable utility will be valuated by the market in the long-term?
2. Is it also possible that the DA’s with the highest utility driven demand may also prove to be the best store of value?

You see I’m taking the viewpoint that XRP will likely serve a valuable and unique function in the “internet of Value”.  As a result of this unique functionality I believe the market will place a disproportionately large value on XRP.  While I think there is a fair chance the market has been manipulated down in an effort to accumulate I think it’s more likely that current prices offer incredible upside because of the uncertainty of the market overall as well as the utility of the assets themselves in the market.  When XRP proves valuable to MGI as demonstrated in the Q4 report in Feb. it won’t just be other remittance firms, banks and central banks taking notice.  Wall St. will have their eyes wide open.  

I also feel that most regulated institutions (hedge funds and banks) would prefer to buy XRP at $2.00 after it’s ODL and associated cost savings are proven than getting in today at .29 before it’s proven.  It’s the family offices and unregulated insto’s that have entered already and even they have just dipped a toe.  2020 will be a year of emerging utility against a backdrop of ever more clear regulation.  2021 is where things begin to expand and 2022/2023 The real party begins- trade finance, other use cases, Jevons Paradox and Metcalfes Law.  Where will the speculative runs occur in this timeline is anyone’s guess.  When is the best time to plant a tree?  Yesterday*.  When is the next best time?  Today.  

* unless Jan 2018 😂

On 11/2/2019 at 1:46 AM, MoonRockets said:

Yes Brad actually said in an interview recently that they allow employees to receive some of their salary in XRP(but that they would be ending this program soon)

I wonder what the reasons are for ending this program...anyone?

On 11/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, aavkk said:

2020 will be a year of emerging utility against a backdrop of ever more clear regulation.  2021 is where things begin to expand and 2022/2023 The real party begins- trade finance, other use cases, Jevons Paradox and Metcalfes Law.  Where will the speculative runs occur in this timeline is anyone’s guess.

Agreed, but I think China's actions may speed up the timeline somewhat - there are also fully developed regulations elsewhere that the US can model on if they are not willing/able to build from the ground up.

Also Moneygram is chomping at the bit to expand, and as they take more and more market share, competitors will almost certainly take notice.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, aavkk said:

I also feel that most regulated institutions (hedge funds and banks) would prefer to buy XRP at $2.00 after it’s ODL and associated cost savings are proven than getting in today at .29 before it’s proven.  It’s the family offices and unregulated insto’s that have entered already and even they have just dipped a toe

Exactly right, the regulated institutions must wait for cover from the regulatory bodies, but judging from the run-up of 2017 there is (or was) plenty of interest in catching the wave when the crypto markets begin to run - I can't beleive I'm the boldest and smartest individual to spot this opportunity. ;)

On 11/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, Khaleesi said:
On 11/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, MoonRockets said:

Yes Brad actually said in an interview recently that they allow employees to receive some of their salary in XRP(but that they would be ending this program soon)

I wonder what the reasons are for ending this program...anyone?

We can hope that they are expecting XRP to make an explosive move upward, like we are :D

17 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

Agreed, but I think China's actions may speed up the timeline somewhat - there are also fully developed regulations elsewhere that the US can model on if they are not willing/able to build from the ground up.

the regulated institutions must wait for cover from the regulatory bodies, but judging from the run-up of 2017 there is (or was) plenty of interest in catching the wave when the crypto markets begin to run - I can't beleive I'm the boldest and smartest individual to spot this opportunity. ;)

Agreed regarding China potentially moving the timeline up.  Lets hope so.  As for us being the boldest and smartest, perhaps a bit of that however the reality is that we don't have shareholders to face when our "investment" is wiped out by a hacker.  The custody piece is a firm must for any regulated insto and based on the market it appears thats not 100% taken care of.  cough, cough POLYSIGN cough, cough.  In 10 years we are all going to be telling stories and laughing about our ledger nano's and shady ass exchanges that are in undisclosed locations around the world.  We will have navigated successfully through the wild west of a whole new asset class.   BEEEEEEEEETCOOOOOONNNEEECCCCCT!!!!!!!!!