Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WarChest

How Far Can Brad Take Ripple without a Big Hitter?

Recommended Posts

Whenever I hear this kind of ‘leadership’ psychobabble I am reminded of the ape enclosure at the zoo.

Brad is a brilliant example of a smart man speaking softly and clearly as he directs the company towards their goal.  His understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the corporate entity are what has pushed Ripple to the table at world banking conferences.

I must be feeling grumpy because I can’t think of a more pointless exercise than wasting time commenting on a thread like this that is so far removed from the real world.  This is like the ants on the elephant debating where they want it to go next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Whenever I hear this kind of ‘leadership’ psychobabble I am reminded of the ape enclosure at the zoo.

Brad is a brilliant example of a smart man speaking softly and clearly as he directs the company towards their goal.  His understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the corporate entity are what has pushed Ripple to the table at world banking conferences.

I must be feeling grumpy because I can’t think of a more pointless exercise than wasting time commenting on a thread like this that is so far removed from the real world.  This is like the ants on the elephant debating where they want it to go next.

On that, there is absolutely no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarChest said:

Seems I don’t have much support for my observation?

I am happy to be proven wrong.

Unsurprisingly no, but I like challenged opinions that go against the grain that are brought with elaboration. So thanks for that.

The way I look at it is who else is more prominent in the crypto industry than Brad? I decided to do a quick search on it and came across an article that has him at #5 which is about where I would have it when I was thinking about it. https://cryptoweekly.co/100/

Of all the crypto’s I invest in, he is by far the most prominent leader by a large margin, and I invest in some popular alts that I feel are promising.

There aren’t really any other companies  that have the team that ripple has though it doesn’t guarantee success. 

I am not so sure plugging in a big name banker would fit the mold.

Still waiting on that regulatory clarity, I think most of us were expecting a lot more by now if we were to reflect around the same time last year on this subject.

Edited by ManBearPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

Below are the Top Ten on the Fortune 500. Please tell me who the CEO of each one is.  I assume since leadership ability equals notoriety you can name them all off the top of your head without issue?

 

Ad Hominem response...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any issue with Brad at this point. Of course I have no idea on his functioning as CEO within Ripple, but everything we outsiders can see like interviews, conferences and other meetings, he is doing great. He knows how to get the point across, meets with everyone remotely relevant to the crypto space, is happy to explain the same thing a 100 times if necessary, and above all he keeps going like a steam train just like many of his colleagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

You're saying Brad doesn't command attention, but how do you know that he will never command attention?

If Ripple is successful, even partially at what they plan to do, I guarantee you that people will stop and listen when Brad walks into a room.

I'm not sure why Brad needs to be the superstar. He didn't mastermind XRP. He's not himself some visionary or stone cold genius. As others have said, he is a manager, and he manages a great team well. And as others have said, you need someone who is corporate and predictable to deal with finance. We don't need an Elon Musk character who will flit between ideas like a madman. 

Elsewhere today I saw this quote, and it comes to mind for this situation: 

Persuasion is beta; only the uncertain persuade. The strong perform

Ripple's success will speak for itself. We don't need someone who can come up with a better analogy about moving money; we need results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

I'm not sure why Brad needs to be the superstar. He didn't mastermind XRP. He's not himself some visionary or stone cold genius. As others have said, he is a manager, and he manages a great team well. And as others have said, you need someone who is corporate and predictable to deal with finance. We don't need an Elon Musk character who will flit between ideas like a madman. 

Elsewhere today I saw this quote, and it comes to mind for this situation: 

Persuasion is beta; only the uncertain persuade. The strong perform

Ripple's success will speak for itself. We don't need someone who can come up with a better analogy about moving money; we need results. 

I like the comparison's with Elon Musk. 

To me

Brad = Great leader and Manager

Elon = Extremely intelligent and/or genius.

Both of these types of people can be highly successful CEOs but their style will be drastically different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I like the comparison's with Elon Musk. 

To me

Brad = Great leader and Manager

Elon = Extremely intelligent and/or genius.

Both of these types of people can be highly successful CEOs but their style will be drastically different.

 

Not to be difficult, but Elon Musk is not the guy i'd want to use as a comparison.  Space X is cool but Tesla is a dumpster fire that hemorrhages money every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Not to be difficult, but Elon Musk is not the guy i'd want to use as a comparison.  Space X is cool but Tesla is a dumpster fire that hemorrhages money every year.

Tesla is not doing well financially but the development and, forward progress that they have contributed in bringing autonomous cars into existence this quickly is unprecedented. They are taking that hit so other companies don't have to.

If you measure success as in profitability then you are right. (Of course Tesla is a business)

If you measure success in terms of technological development and causing a leap forward in the way cars interact with our daily lives, Tesla is a huge success.

If Tesla continues what it is doing long enough (with some fine tuning to its marketing and operations) it will be profitable.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Tesla is not doing well financially but the development and, forward progress that they have contributed in bringing autonomous cars into existence this quickly is unprecedented. They are taking that hit so other companies don't have to.

If you measure success as in profitability then you are right. (Of course Tesla is a business)

If you measure success in terms of technological development and causing a leap forward in the way cars interact with our daily lives, Tesla is a huge success.

If Tesla continues what it is doing long enough (with some fine tuning to its marketing and operations) it will be profitable.

I realize Elon is a very divisive figure.  I respect that what he's doing is for the betterment of humanity and I hope he succeeds.  That doesn't change the fact that if Ripple operated financially the way Tesla does this board likely wouldn't be here right now.  I did just see that they posted a profit in Q3 so that's good news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Not to be difficult, but Elon Musk is not the guy i'd want to use as a comparison.  Space X is cool but Tesla is a dumpster fire that hemorrhages money every year.

Elon Musk doesn't give 2c about Tesla, never has.  The company was started as a joke and today is nothing more than a means to purchase debt from.  Certainly has gone farther than expected, but it was never created to actually become anything.

Edited by WhtSno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...