Spam? suspect BTC payments on XRPL

15 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Yes, the proposal being discussed right now, you will lose 15 XRP in process, essentially 22,500 (~$6750) Just in account creation. Why would I want to do that? Spam theory really doesn’t hold any water. 

not just discuss, it's already merged into the codebase,  and will cost 5 XRP to delete account. 

https://github.com/ripple/rippled/pull/3124

these payments cost about 1k XRP per day as fee.

the main account still hold 50k XRP. 

Edited by yxxyun
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think this is spam at all. If you look at the transactions, you see many transactions that pay well over the minimum transaction fee. Here's one that burned 0.01 XRP. This means that the sende

Perhaps someone is testing the capabilities of the XRPL now Lightning network appears to suck. Suspicious in a bad way or something we should applaude?

7213/589 = 12.24  Obviously this means XRP will be $589 on Christmas Eve.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

So my question is why would someone be willing to throw away $50K XRP? I still believe it is some sort of testing unless I am missing something.

maybe some hacker got these XRP for free, just hate XRP want attack XRP ledger.  there are a lot people hate XRP in crypto community. 

Edited by yxxyun
30 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

So my question is why would someone be willing to throw away $50K XRP? I still believe it is some sort of testing unless I am missing something.

if it is test, it can be done on test net or can create a private net to do so, it will be free ( test net XRP is free, private net you will have 100 billion XRP can do anything).  

Edited by yxxyun
Just now, lll_lll said:

Then why not go all out and increase TPS to the max. 20 TPS is not hurting anyone.

he is continuing creating accounts,  now is 1.2k accounts , when he have 2k accounts, I think we will see these payments in every ledger,  that will cost everyone pay more fee to use XRP ledger .

1 minute ago, yxxyun said:

he is continuing creating accounts,  now is 1.2k accounts , when he have 2k accounts, I think we will see these payments in every ledger,  that will cost everyone pay more fee to use XRP ledger .

so you thank this is an attack to drive up payment cost?

if so, doesn't that also increase the cost to the hacker to attempt this?

7 hours ago, Dario_o said:

Are you saying that he's able to raise fees for everyone else with just 2K spam accounts?

Correct. Also he will have to sustain the number of transactions during the attack. So he will be burning through a lot of fees if he wants to keep the attack up for any period fo time. 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, yxxyun said:

The only money he is burning is his own with the XRP he throws away with each account and whatever transactions he does. It isn't going to cost us anything.